American All Conference Teams Announced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

American All Conference Teams Announced

Reaction Score
Josh Carlton should get the award for most improved player. The transformation from his early season marshmallow man/occasionally effective sophomore center to the way he is playing currently, which is really FFing good, tough, talented, and forceful, represents one of the greater leaps in a players's improving trajectory that I have ever seen in one season. He is really putting it together both offensively and defensively. His body language and performance on the court is impressive. Funny to say, but I swear he even looks stronger.

Next year he's going to bang some heads.

Last edited:

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
If they do a 3rd team next year, I think Carlton will be on the bubble for that. Akok is a lock to make one of the teams next year, Al will probably squeeze in.

C

Chief00

So, if he played better. I would agree with this.
Ok - Let Chief connect the dots for you - the kid has talent and just needs to work hard on a few things. I hope this works.

Reaction Score
If they do a 3rd team next year, I think Carlton will be on the bubble for that. Akok is a lock to make one of the teams next year, Al will probably squeeze in.

Carlton will be a 2nd Teamer next year, but only because the 1st Team is always 5 guards.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Ok - Let Chief connect the dots for you - the kid has talent and just needs to work hard on a few things. I hope this works.

No chief, I don't need you to reword, what I reworded that you already said.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Carlton will be a 2nd Teamer next year, but only because the 1st Team is always 5 guards.
Just realized that. They don't do it according to position anymore? Or did I just miss that in the past.

Reaction Score
Just realized that. They don't do it according to position anymore? Or did I just miss that in the past.

Been that way since our old Big East days. Always the 5 best players, regardless of position. Pretty much at least 4 guards every year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Been that way since our old Big East days. Always the 5 best players, regardless of position. Pretty much at least 4 guards every year.

I actually don't mind that system. That most of the team end up being guards is on the voters, or on the makeup of MCBB in general.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If they just look at what Jalen did when he wasn't injured he should be 2nd team
Still, the kid got some league honors in every year
Not an easy task
He's a true blue Husky

Reaction Score
very true. wish him the luck not me

1552364722919.png

Finally, a Chief sighting.

Reaction Score
Josh Carlton should get the award for most improved player. The transformation from his early season marshmallow man/occasionally effective sophomore center to the way he is playing currently, which is really FFing good, tough, talented, and forceful, represents one of the greater leaps in a players's improving trajectory that I have ever seen in one season. He is really putting it together both offensively and defensively. His body language and performance on the court is impressive. Funny to say, but I swear he even looks stronger.

Next year he's going to bang some heads.
Agreed JC has improved a lot but during the latter part of the same season. It has been drastic and also very positive. Now come next yr and he’s really bangin skulls then by all means he deserves that award no doubt! He had a rough go round in the beginning. Jus want him to keep improving and get some more lift up under him when he’s down low with a couple of guys on him.

Reaction Score

PSA guy too. This conference is getting very deep. I hope Akok, Bouk or Gaffney snags this award next year. The AAC has a pretty strong incoming class next year. Yenta is a good example of why recruiting rankings don’t always translate to the player’s trajectory. He had a good year. Good for USF but let’s kick their teeth in tomorrow.

Reaction Score
PSA guy too. This conference is getting very deep. I hope Akok, Bouk or Gaffney snags this award next year. The AAC has a pretty strong incoming class next year. Yenta is a good example of why recruiting rankings don’t always translate to the player’s trajectory. He had a good year. Good for USF but let’s kick their teeth in tomorrow.

I don't follow recruiting closely, other than UConn, which teams have 4* or better prospects coming in?

Reaction Score

It's pretty much a guarantee that a UConn or Memphis player wins FOY next season.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams did it backwards.

First team as a sophomore
Second team as a junior
Third team as a senior
As telling as it gets.
/thread

Reaction Score
It's pretty much a guarantee that a UConn or Memphis player wins FOY next season.

From 2013-2019 AAC Rookie of the Year

13-14 Austin Nichols 5* recruit Memphis
14-15 Daniel Hamilton 5* recruit UConn
15-16 Dedric Lawson 4* recruit Memphis
16-17 KJ Lawson 4* recruit Memphis
18-19 Alexis Yetna 3* recruit USF

Yetna is an outlier this year. Generally speaking you are right! We have some ground to catch up on Memphis.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Happy Cumberland won and not Taylor. Missing out on a chance for a good Cronin rant though. I wonder if he’ll get cut before they leave for Memphis though?

Reaction Score
2019 AAC Basketball Team Rankings

Basically only memphis. The AAC incoming class is pretty bare IMO. But Cincy and Houston always snag good transfers/JC guys so cant really look at incoming freshman rankings for them.

So best players* coming into the league next year (freshman):
#1 James Wiseman - Memphis
#47 DJ Jeffries - Memphis
#70 James Bouknight - Connecticut
#87 Akok Akok - Connecticut
#100 Jalen Gaffney - Connecticut
#116 Tyson Etienne - Wichita State
#134 Damion Buagh - Memphis
#138 Malcom Dandridge - Memphis
#161 Samari Curtis - Cincinnati
#193 Caleb Mills - Houston

*By recruiting rankings

There's 10 there and I only picked top 200 recruits. So I'd say there's a pretty damn good chance it comes from UConn or Memphis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom