America 12 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

America 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
First, a name for the new conference. How about the National College Conference, NCC for short. Unlike the other D1 conferences, all geographically oriented, it will be "national." Just might evoke a parallel with other Nationals in football, hockey, or MLB.

Second, when recruiting, in UConn can promise an annual shot at an NC, all games on TV, and a national in-confence schedule. In addition, a challenging OOC batch of games with the likes of ND, Stanford, Duke, Baylor, Maryland, Penn State, DePaul, Rutgers, and, um, Holy Cross or Sacred Heart, provided they don't join the C7BE.

Reaction Score
What about the East-West Athletic Conference or East-West Conference?

Reaction Score
First, a name for the new conference. How about the National College Conference, NCC for short. Unlike the other D1 conferences, all geographically oriented, it will be "national." Just might evoke a parallel with other Nationals in football, hockey, or MLB.

Second, when recruiting, in UConn can promise an annual shot at an NC, all games on TV, and a national in-confence schedule. In addition, a challenging OOC batch of games with the likes of ND, Stanford, Duke, Baylor, Maryland, Penn State, DePaul, Rutgers, and, um, Holy Cross or Sacred Heart, provided they don't join the C7BE.

NCC has a ring to it and it has a subtlety about it as well: NCC as in the "NotACC".

I sincerely hope NCC is chosen and that Kibitzer gets a finders fee. :-o

Reaction Score
NCC has a ring to it and it has a subtlety about it as well: NCC as in the "NotACC".

I sincerely hope NCC is chosen and that Kibitzer gets a finders fee. :-o

NCC sounds good to me, but make it National Collegiate Conference to include the Universities:

col·le·giate

/kəˈlējit/

Adjective
  1. Belonging or relating to a college or its students: "collegiate life".
  2. (of a university) Composed of different colleges.

Reaction Score
NCC sounds good to me, but make it National Collegiate Conference to include the Universities:

col·le·giate

/kəˈlējit/

Adjective

1. Belonging or relating to a college or its students: "collegiate life".
  2. (of a university) Composed of different colleges.

Sorry, didn't mean to make collegiate bold, but I really do like Kibitzer's suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom