America’s team? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

America’s team?

Reaction Score
It’s wild they haven’t won a national championship yet. I know it takes some luck, even for the most talented teams but at this point you would think they would’ve gotten one

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Twice as a 1 seed failed to make it to the second weekend in the last ten years

Comparing seeding to performance, underperformed more often than exceeded seeding expectations

24 tournament appearances since 1995
13 times didn't make the second weekend (again, twice as a 1 seed)
5-6 in the S16
2-3 E8
2-0 FF
0-2 NC (robbed once)

I think Cuse has a better tournament record than Gonzaga, and Cuse is not awarded a 1 seed every year

One seeds are supposed to advance, they have the easiest path to do so. Especially when playing close to home

But hey, I don't watch NCAAB, butt a Seth Davis does (LOL)

PS: They've been a 1 seed as often as we have, nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
I like living in reality, where seven straight sweet sixteens, two title appearances, and four elite eights in the last seven years is lauded. Because that's a damn good run of tournament success. Winning a title is hard. We forget that because our program has been incredibly fortunate.
Fortunate? I think we just had a coach who knew better than most how to win the big one. Was UConn fortunate in 1994?

1670249774504.jpeg

Reaction Score
Fortunate? I think we just had a coach who knew better than most how to win the big one. Was UConn fortunate in 1994?

View attachment 81525
And the program wasn't fortunate that they picked Calhoun out of all the other coaches they could have hired? Or fortunate that another big time university didn't pick him up before he won. Or that he didn't take the South Carolina job?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Coach Hurley and his wife were right behind the UConn bench last night rooting on Geno and his girls. Not something I ever saw Ollie or JC do during the regular season, if at all.
TBF, I don't recall off the top of my head when both teams spent a week in the same place back then.

Reaction Score
And the program wasn't fortunate that they picked Calhoun out of all the other coaches they could have hired? Or fortunate that another big time university didn't pick him up before he won. Or that he didn't take the South Carolina job?
Nice post, to try and weasel out of a stupid comment.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
TBF, I don't recall off the top of my head when both teams spent a week in the same place back then.
Yeah, I get that or other times when the girls played at Gampel and the men played at the Civic Center. Still though ………

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, thinking that an ESPN commentator calling another team America’s team means it was a deliberate slight toward UConn is such an incredibly Boneyard thing to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom