Amazon Fullscreen | The Boneyard

Amazon Fullscreen

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What is it? Is Amazon spinning off their video streaming in an attempt to get people to pay for Prime and pay for full screen?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's kind of a mix between YouTube Red and Netflix which makes it a mess.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It's kind of a mix between YouTube Red and Netflix which makes it a mess.

Amazon Prime video, as much as I hate their newish Roku interface, has been worth the money. If they're spinning off the video and charging $6/month extra, it's no longer worth it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Amazon Prime video, as much as I hate their newish Roku interface, has been worth the money. If they're spinning off the video and charging $6/month extra, it's no longer worth it.

I agree - I have Prime and almost never bother with their streaming stuff.

This might be a dry run for something like that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I stream on Amazon all the time. The interface is annoying, but Netflix made theirs annoying now too. The cool part with Amazon is that you can add Starz to it (or Showtime). So I've been on it watching Starz, but they also have some good original series stuff like The Man in the High Castle, and of course, The Grand Tour.

If I had to guess, the Grand Tour alone could drive subscriptions of the streaming service for people who don't want Prime. Think international. Folks who can't order from Amazon, but want the content. Top Gear was popular around the world.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I hope they don't take video streaming away from Prime members; being able to get the Grand Tour is one of the reasons I signed up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hope they don't take video streaming away from Prime members; being able to get the Grand Tour is one of the reasons I signed up.

If anything they'll just bump the price. But some folks have no need for the other Prime features.

Reaction Score
I download lots of Prime video on my iPad to watch on the plane. Don't use it at home because I'm an Apple TV guy and there is no app on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom