Amazing photo of Horsebarn Hill | The Boneyard

Amazing photo of Horsebarn Hill

Reaction Score
WoW!

Miss how beautiful CT is. We were back last October for our daughters wedding.

Thanks for posting!

Reaction Score
Photo of a scene up in Storrs from UConn’s Instagram feed. Any other great pics of Connecticut?

1620390821108.png

Here’s another Horsebarn Hill photo celebrating the Class of 2021.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
When I was a freshman living in the almost brand new Towers across from Horsebarn Hill, the longtime FB coach, Bob Ingalls was having another in a string of quite forgettable seasons. There was a big student push to have him canned. One morning dawned with someone having gone to Horsebarn and drawn in lime on the hill a gigantic tombstone with the inscription RIP Bob Ingalls that was probably visible from Mars.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Hiking has been a primary activity for us for over 40 years. Connecticut is a treasure trove of parks and preserves with well marked and mapped trails. Without even including the Connecticut Blue Trail System, I'll bet I have 30+ such locations within a 40 minute radius of me. The Lyme Land Trust alone has nearly 20. I feel very fortunate to live in beautiful Eastern Connecticut.

Here's the Mattabesett Trail over Crescent Lake - near Giufridda Park, Meridan.

1620402087755.png

Reaction Score
Here is the house I lived in from '69 - '71 while I was a grad student at UConn. It was on Gurleyville Road across from Valentine's Meadow and Horsebarn Hill. This picture was taken in 2019 and it hasn't changed much except that the color used to be a different shade of grey. I consider the time I spent at Storrs as the best years of my life. Storrs was the nicest place I've ever lived except for Vancouver Island.

Gurleyville Road.jpg

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Here is the house I lived in from '69 - '71 while I was a grad student at UConn. It was on Gurleyville Road across from Valentine's Meadow and Horsebarn Hill. This picture was taken in 2019 and it hasn't changed much except that the color used to be a different shade of grey. I consider the time I spent at Storrs as the best years of my life. Storrs was the nicest place I've ever lived except for Vancouver Island.

View attachment 67315

it’s tough to outdo Vancouver Island!

Reaction Score
Out of the 45 (or so) weeks every year, Storrs is beautiful. But, you hadn't lived until you trudged from the "X" lot up to Gampel in the middle of the winter during a blizzard. About 1/2 mile, all up hill. Lots of fun. Once when we were hosting Tenn at home (in calf deep snow) my wife got almost to the student union and said "I can't make it". I told her we're more than half way, she could go back to the car and freeze to death or keep going to Gampel. She made it when it came apparent that I was not going to carry her back to the car. Fond memorizes..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom