amazing ending....Hoyas over Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awesome ending, too bad there was about 500 fans there to see it

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
great game that could have been better if not for the WTF calls made throughout the game
But then again, UConn fans used to that
Boy does college officiating really suck

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone see the end of the Virginia - Wake Forest game?

Wake led the entire game. Led by 14 with about eight minutes to play, led by 7 with :17 seconds to play....

And they lost.

Wake missed three of four free throws and Virginia hit three threes in the last :17 to win.

Reaction Score
No offense but wtf are you watching a Virginia - Wake game for? Hopefully you just saw the highlight on ESPN.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No offense but wtf are you watching a Virginia - Wake game for? Hopefully you just saw the highlight on ESPN.

Hey, I watched the last 10 minutes of Wisconsin's OT win over Indiana. An aimless life will do that to you. I don't usually give a carp about announcers, but these guys were totally annoying. So bad they made me long for Mike Patrick. Boy, if we had a Nigel Hayes. Impressive player, at least tonight, and a deadly foul shooter for a big guy who gets fouled a lot.

Reaction Score
perhaps implied, who knows what he does.

Regardless, rooting for ranked teams to get upset is always fun. I wouldn't think less of someone tuning in at the end to see them lose (though sadly they didn't).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I watched it. Why wouldn't I?

I didn't watch the entire game, but I flipped to it when it looked like an upset.

I was tempted to go to Xavier-PC, but like most people with televisions, I don't have a clue where Fox Sports 1 or 2 might be.

Reaction Score
Anyone see the end of the Virginia - Wake Forest game?

Wake led the entire game. Led by 14 with about eight minutes to play, led by 7 with :17 seconds to play....

And they lost.

Wake missed three of four free throws and Virginia hit three threes in the last :17 to win.
UVA is having a ton of trouble on the road...doesnt bode well for the tournament(s)

Wake is a weird team...they play (almost) everyone really well...but can't pull out the win. Kind of like VA tech a year or 2 back

Reaction Score
UVA is having a ton of trouble on the road...doesnt bode well for the tournament(s)

Wake is a weird team...they play (almost) everyone really well...but can't pull out the win. Kind of like VA tech a year or 2 back

I think Danny Manning's going to turn out to be a pretty good coach. Heck, he left a Tulsa nucleus strong enough to somewhat survive 2 years of Frank Haith. I think Wake will have a bit of a resurgence over the next couple years, until Manning leaves for greener pastures.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Hey, I watched the last 10 minutes of Wisconsin's OT win over Indiana. An aimless life will do that to you. I don't usually give a carp about announcers, but these guys were totally annoying. So bad they made me long for Mike Patrick. Boy, if we had a Nigel Hayes. Impressive player, at least tonight, and a deadly foul shooter for a big guy who gets fouled a lot.
Dan Dakich is absolutely horrible and a B1G homer.

Reaction Score

Huh? Why wouldn't you watch WF and Virginia if you're a college basketball fan? I've watched St Mary's and Pepperdine, Qunnipiac and Siena never mind UConn or UNC Duke. Not sure why you would ask this question?

Reaction Score

Our little ex-Marquette coach is making VTech a player, they've been playing people tough and even pulling out a couple wins. He's a good coach for sure.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was tempted to go to Xavier-PC, but like most people with televisions, I don't have a clue where Fox Sports 1 or 2 might be.
I scoffed at first, but it's situations like this that are making me a fan of the new Comcast voice remote. It works.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I scoffed at first, but it's situations like this that are making me a fan of the new Comcast voice remote. It works.
Dad thinks it's stupid. That thing has saved me from scrolling through the guide until I find whatever channel ESPNU is, or FS1. The sports app thing you can pull up on the side is pretty nice as well.

Reaction Score
I'm guilty. I will scan thru all the games if I watching tv. BTW anyone see any of the Memphis game. It's going to be interesting to see how we defend McBride of UCF. He can't make it down the court twice without getting winded but he's one hard s.o.b. To defend.

Reaction Score
Did he say he was watching the game live?

I doubt anyone, except for the most die hard VA fans, saw it live. Who keeps watching when you're down 7 with :17 to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom