Amari | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for her, landing with a top notch program with national visibility, and a coach who's won a national championship. Hope she finally finds an environment that can afford the opportunity to maximize her potential. Will be watching.

Reaction Score
I know ppl hate the 5th year, covid year. What about making it a minutes or games thing. I'm just thinking that if Amari kills at umd, like puts up a solid 10 and 8 next year, it kinda sucks she only has one year. She played less than 5 minutes a game last year, less than 400 her 3 yrs at UConn. Especially in a time where ppl jump ship so frequently.

Reaction Score
This thread went from Amari going to Maryland to a ‘telephone’ thread… something about her father, or not her father…..
I hope Amari finds her basketball home. Rock on Amari.

Reaction Score
A few posts on Twitter are saying she’s transferring to Maryland.

Best of luck to Amari. I loved how she was always upbeat and engaging. I wish her success, at Maryland or wherever she ends up.

(please - no need to take potshots in this thread. Let the criticism go)
I am with you. If it is to Maryland , good luck ( I do admit to some surprise, if Maryland turns out to be correct ).

Reaction Score
I have faith in the people on here who are confirming this is true but am curious as to why Maryland publications have articles on Rutgers guard Kaylene Smikle transferring in but nothing on Amari.

sun

Reaction Score
Amari would be playing against impressive competition in the "new" Big 10.
Keeping my fingers crossed for her transfer working out for the best.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Grain of salt, folks.

Wish her the best and hope she can also be fully healthy. She was a positive and upbeat teammate.

She offers plusses on offense with a decent 3 point shot and good passing. In a zone she can be a rim protector. Challenge of course is her man to man d.

Reaction Score
Lefty was a character. It was fun watching his team.
In our last year in the ACC, our team was a bunch of New York City Catholics who drank as much as Coach McGuire. A brawl erupted and one of our players held Lefty while another punched him out. No suspension or anything back in 72-73.

ACC hated us for leaving but that was the only brawl of the year. We went through the season undefeated but lost the ACC tourney championship game to NC State (ACC refs) . Thus, we didn’t qualify for the 16-team NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Wishing Amari well. I hope she will have the opportunity to contribute at Maryland. Brenda is a very good coach, so maybe she’ll be able to help Amari tap into her potential. I hope she has a successful season.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Amari’s bio doesn’t mention a father’s name. Omari DeBerry is a man.

View attachment 99825
Omari is from MD, Amari is from NY....Also, Omari doesn't appear old enough to be her dad. So I'd guess coincidence or they could be cousins like Angel Reese and Jordan Hawkins.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
If it turns out to be true that she will be a Terp then she will have to compete for minutes against.... Saylor Poffenbarger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom