Amari DeBerry discusses her Commitment to UCONN | The Boneyard

Amari DeBerry discusses her Commitment to UCONN

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Glad those huge, gaudy envelopes from Maryland and Notre Dame had no effect!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong, but from the press releases I never thought of Amari as a bruiser. I thought she was more like Olivia than Aaliyah. If we have a 6-5 edition of Aaliyah, that is really something.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
It was so funny seeing the huge multi-colored envelopes from so many colleges. That contrasted with the plain white, hand written envelope from UConn.
How about Notre Dame making a video congratulating her on her 1000 points and wishing her good luck on her upcoming championship tournament.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I searched the Boneyard for this video with no hit. So here it is. Short and sweet.

Geno and staff will bring out the best in Amari. They won't let her cheat her potential. She'll be ready for play at the next level when she's done. She'll NEVER be sorry she chose UConn!!! :D

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
It was stapled to the back of her birth certificate.
LOL!!! Good one Bluedevil. :D I was going to add that she was still in diapers and nursing on formula, but yours is funnier.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
It was so funny seeing the huge multi-colored envelopes from so many colleges. That contrasted with the plain white, hand written envelope from UConn.

Public Enemy: Don't believe the "hype". :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong, but from the press releases I never thought of Amari as a bruiser. I thought she was more like Olivia than Aaliyah. If we have a 6-5 edition of Aaliyah, that is really something.

Me either. I don't see Amari as a "junk yard dog" type player. Maybe Aaliyah (and coach Elliott) will rub off on her. When you associate, you assimilate!! I'm hoping for lots of assimilation that first year. :D The "toughness" we've been hearing about Aaliyah is true.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from her thus far. What I like most is she makes her bunnies. So far, she has seldom missed from point blank range. ONO is coming along. ONO has added a little "bite" to her game this year. I love it!!! I want to see lots more of it, especially against the top 5 teams. Gurrrr.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love the footwork shown by her in the video and she seems to have a good mid range shot but i don't see the bruiser...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How about Notre Dame making a video congratulating her on her 1000 points and wishing her good luck on her upcoming championship tournament.
I dunno. I'm torn between this shameless pandering and Tennessee's use of an indoor blimp to drop something (I forget) and their team wearing Ts with Anne Strother's baby picture.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She is not a bruiser nor is she explosively athletic: A Stretch 4 and finesse F will work out just fine because she will be sharing the court with AE and Ice Brady.

Correct. Quick, skilled, and smart. Can really pass as well. It's her skills at that size that I think give her the large potential quotient.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Correct. Quick, skilled, and smart. Can really pass as well. It's her skills at that size that I think give her the large potential quotient.
I'm looking forward to her junior and senior years when she should be at her best. Hoping for 2 championships during that time. UConn is going to be EXTREMLY formidable the next 5 years. The players are either already here, or in the pipeline. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to her junior and senior years when she should be at her best. Hoping for 2 championships during that time. UConn is going to be EXTREMLY formidable the next 5 years. The players are either already here, or in the pipeline. :)
2 championships??? Pfft. I want what Paige wants - 4... 5 if she decides to stay an extra year and play with her bestie Azzi for 4 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom