Amari DeBerry discusses her Commitment to UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amari DeBerry discusses her Commitment to UCONN

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She is not a bruiser nor is she explosively athletic: A Stretch 4 and finesse F will work out just fine because she will be sharing the court with AE and Ice Brady.
By the time Brady plays I believe Gabriel will be an impactful player for UConn. Two years of experience I believe will get her there.

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing the video with us. She is an awesome young lady and a great talent.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
2 championships??? Pfft. I want what Paige wants - 4... 5 if she decides to stay an extra year and play with her bestie Azzi for 4 years.
I was try to be rational. The gap between UConn and the other elite programs has in my opinion closed, as evidenced by our loss to 3 of them last year.

Don‘t get me wrong. I would love to see Geno go on a run and win the next 6 championships. We’re getting better, but so are the other elites. Eric, I’m with you. Nothing would please me more than a long sustained run of winning NC’s, starting this year.

Stanford, Louisville, Baylor, North Carolina State and South Carolina are going to have something to say about who wins championships the few years. All of them are in the “upper room” of wcbb, and must be defeated at some point if you’re going to win a championship. Easier said than done.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
We share the same hope just differ on the probability of it happening. Regardless I agree with @Carnac UCONN is going to be tough to beat beginning next season.
UConn had a tall player who was slow and unathletic and the coaching staff prepared her to play a big part on an undefeated National Championship team as a sophomore. In her Senior season she was NPOY. She was Kara Wolters. While they may not be as successful with Piath, they have more to work with physically. She will also have more talent around her and she should give DeBerry a big challenge every practice. Well, that is the way I see it. Yes, UConn should be tough to beat beginning next season.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
She is not a bruiser nor is she explosively athletic: A Stretch 4 and finesse F will work out just fine because she will be sharing the court with AE and Ice Brady.
Correct. Quick, skilled, and smart. Can really pass as well. It's her skills at that size that I think give her the large potential quotient.
So she has Stewie potential.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So she has Stewie potential.
No. Aim much lower-in the range of Azura Stevens with a ceiling of say a Morgan Tuck although Amari is a different type (less physical) player.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
We share the same hope just differ on the probability of it happening. Regardless I agree with @Carnac UCONN is going to be tough to beat beginning next season.
Coco I am in total agreement, however I would add that UCONN is already tough to beat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom