Amari DeBerry article | The Boneyard

Amari DeBerry article

Reaction Score
“DeBerry twisted an ankle during trials in May but is basically 100% healthy, Veronica said.”

Amari being “basically 100% healthy” is great to hear. Wishing her all the best at the U-19 tournament this weekend in Hungary.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Team USA arrived in Hungary last Tuesday. They open tournament play against Italy at 2:30 p.m. ET Saturday in the first of three preliminary-round games. They play Australia at 2 p.m. ET Sunday, and Egypt 2:30 p.m. ET Tuesday.

Games can be watched on
YouTube.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So much sports viewing, so little time. Kudos to the inventor of the video recorder and to Bing Crosby for initially suggesting it be done.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Team USA arrived in Hungary last Tuesday. They open tournament play against Italy at 2:30 p.m. ET Saturday in the first of three preliminary-round games. They play Australia at 2 p.m. ET Sunday, and Egypt 2:30 p.m. ET Tuesday.

Games can be watched on
YouTube.

What am i missing? $65/month for Youtube TV? Absolutely NOT. No thanks... LOL

ON edit i was wrong. Thank you @Carnac for providing the link. if you click on his link, it takes you right to the game - it even has an announcer!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What am i missing? $65/month for Youtube TV? Absolutely NOT. No thanks... LOL

ON edit i was wrong. Thank you @Carnac for providing the link. if you click on his link, it takes you right to the game - it even has an announcer!!
It is live now... USA 72 -Italy 26 ,entering 4Q

Reaction Score
After seeing Amari in game action for the last 6 minutes of the game I would say we will not see much of her this year. Needs a lot of work.

Reaction Score
After seeing Amari in game action for the last 6 minutes of the game I would say we will not see much of her this year. Needs a lot of work.
Disagree, Amari was in the game only 6 mins 6 secs, mostly in the beginning and the end. She doesn't get the ball often.

She is the only player with less than 10 mins play time.

Reaction Score
Disagree, Amari was in the game only 6 mins 6 secs, mostly in the beginning and the end. She doesn't get the ball often.

So what does that tell you

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Let's give Amari at least two more games before we bury her. One game can tell a lot, but let's see more. I can see why she's behind Betts and Ware on the depth chart.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Amari did not get in until the 4Q.

Reaction Score
Amari did not get in until the 4Q.
I thought she is in the end of 1st Q for 10-15 secs. But thank you.

Here is the replay and you are right.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I thought she is in the end of 1st Q for 10-15 secs. But thank you.

Here is the replay and you are right.
She is definitely buried in the depth chart but I think we should trust how Geno worded it. Nagging injuries made it very hard for her to progress this summer. I am guessing that has affected her overall fitness and U19 has alot of post studs in the way.

I do think it is helpful that players see that independent assessment shows she has weaknesses that she needs to improve on.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
And now it is obvious why Geno jumped at the chance to get Dorka.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was impressed with most of the players who played. There were definitely players who scored more than others, but watching them, it was Betts, Citron, Fudd, Paopao, Johnson and Spear who stood out. Clark had a poor shooting game.

Betts reminds me a lot of Olivia. Taller, of course. But slender. Moves well and has a good nose for the ball, but it will be interesting to see how she plays against bigs with beef. Citron never met a shot she didn't like. Mabry reincarnated for ND, but she will be good.

Fudd is just incredible. She's effortless. Her 3 point shots are so smooth, and she had one great play where she took a pass at the 3 point line, used her quickness and speed to fake out the defender, drove like she was going to the basket, stopped on a dime and SWISH pull up jumper hits.

DeBerry - I agree she needs some work. I don't expect to see much of her, not because she won't be good (or won't improve), but because at her position we have Olivia, Aaliyah and Dorka, not to mention Aubrey and Mir. I will be fascinated to see how she compares with Piath this season.

Anyway, she is fairly athletic, moves well, had a nice catch and rotate for a left handed layup. But IMHO she needs to work on a few things. Mainly being stronger in the post. I did not see her effectively seal off her defender. She needs to be a stronger target. She needs to move better without the ball (ie. with purpose - just ask freshman Maya Moore how Geno felt about her movement without the ball her freshman year).

On defense, she needs to move her feet better. She got beat on one play by a smaller player for not moving her feet, then committed a foul over the back/top as the kid from Italy made a layup.

Still, lots of potential for her. She has some good things to work with. I disagree with anyone who thinks we won't see her because she has no potential. I think we won't see her because we are stacked with potential AA's and HM's at the positions she plays (Mir and Aubrey not potential HM's, but maybe they would be on a team with less depth and talent)...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom