Amanda Butler out as Head Coach of Florida | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amanda Butler out as Head Coach of Florida

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Someone who doesn't get discussed is Katie Smith, who I think might be an intriguing choice, and Banghart has to be on everyone's top three list - I am a little surprised that she wasn't offered the Vanderbilt job, though I think White was a good choice.

Speaking of Banghart, she voiced her reaction to Butler's dismissal:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
There is talk of Vic Schaefer leaving Mississippi St. to take the position at Florida. The connection is that the Florida AD came from Miss. St., where he had previously hired Vic.

Plebe

Reaction Score
There is talk of Vic Schaefer leaving Mississippi St. to take the position at Florida. The connection is that the Florida AD came from Miss. St., where he had previously hired Vic.
I'm not at all surprised that they would go after Schaefer, but the notion of a coach jumping to a conference rival strikes me as very odd. I know Mittie made the jump from TCU to Kansas State, but I believe that was largely because he has family in the area. Otherwise I can't think of another example of a head coach making a lateral move to a conference rival. Bruce Pearl went from Tennessee to Auburn but of course he was in NCAA jail in the interim.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

That AD was also at Baylor before that in a marketing role when Kim Mulkey was hired. Now that's not to say he had anything to do with her hiring but with all the turmoil at Baylor could Mulkey wanna jump ship? She has recruited well in Florida. Prince is from the Orlando area and I think Niya Johnson was from Gainesville. Just a thought? That would certainly make the SEC interesting.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm not at all surprised that they would go after Schaefer, but the notion of a coach jumping to a conference rival strikes me as very odd. I know Mittie made the jump from TCU to Kansas State, but I believe that was largely because he has family in the area. Otherwise I can't think of another example of a head coach making a lateral move to a conference rival. Bruce Pearl went from Tennessee to Auburn but of course he was in NCAA jail in the interim.

Mississippi State to Florida is definitely not a lateral move. The resources and ability to recruit at Florida is well beyond both at MSU. I expected Schaefer to replace Gary Blair at A&M when he retires, though.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Mississippi State to Florida is definitely not a lateral move. The resources and ability to recruit at Florida is well beyond both at MSU. I expected Schaefer to replace Gary Blair at A&M when he retires, though.
I guess I just meant lateral in the sense of moving from one P5 school to another. Certainly I realize that not all P5 programs are created equal.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Too often the sport gets reduced to win-loss records, points and stats. All too easily we forget about the real emotions and relationships that any team is built on. This video, from Florida's final postgame press conference, is a good reminder of the human side of our sport (get your tissues ready):

SEC: Postgame Press Conference 3-2-17

You ain't never lied.. Whew.. I made it about a minute into that video before I had to close it. Just think.. There will be 63 similar press conferences in the next three weeks coming up. The ones with the senior players are the absolute toughest to watch :(

Plebe

Reaction Score
You ain't never lied.. Whew.. I made it about a minute into that video before I had to close it. Just think.. There will be 63 similar press conferences in the next three weeks coming up. The ones with the senior players are the absolute toughest to watch :(
I really feel like Butler got shafted this year by Christinaki. I think Florida could've been a tournament team with both her and Williams as dual scoring threats. They went into a tailspin after Christinaki defected and never quite recovered. One more reason not to root for Maryland.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I did not realize until a few minutes ago that 1) Butler played at Florida, and 2) they fired her on her birthday :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
You should really stick it out long enough to hear Delicia Washington answer a reporter's question about what Ronni Williams has meant to her. It's good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You should really stick it out long enough to hear Delicia Washington answer a reporter's question about what Ronni Williams has meant to her. It's good.

I tried to watch it again..made it through Williams... Heard the reporter ask the other player that question.. And had to close it again :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom