Am I the only person? | The Boneyard

Am I the only person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
who is not fixated on the Megan Walker debacle?

124, 959 views

1217 posts

Give me a break

She's not even the 2nd coming of Stewie?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You apparently have the high ground msf22b. I think it is an interesting sociological study of a teen with marketing advice trying to maximize her hits and hence demonstrate her potential to the folks who pay for such....without getting any yet, one hopes. :rolleyes:

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score

HUSKY fans are obsessed with winning. I mean really, really obsessed. We complain over a one loss in 100+ games. We complain that a 30 point lead at the half just isn't enough. We complain about extremely efficient and high caliber players not getting enough rebounds, points, or aren't fast enough. We bite our nails when a team is within 15 points from us bc god forbid any team give us competition. We are spoiled and have been so for about 20 years. We don't just contribute to the culture that is UCONN, we are the culture.

So you might just be one of the very few not concerned with M. Walker's decision bc the rest of Husky Nation knows with a player like that we are in a continued comfort zone. It's our pacifier. It's our security blanket.

Maybe not the response you are looking for but c'mon man, you posted to the Boneyard, what do you expect? There are no casual fans here, just a community obsessed with wanting continued success. It all stems from the lack of any sports in the state of CT, who else could we be more proud of? The Hartford Wolfpack? The Bridgeport Sound Tigers? The New Haven Ravens? (lol remember them?!?)

Perhaps I speak for a decent majority when I say just let it be. There are worse things posted on You Tube and Facebook that generate a million+ views just in a day or 2. And I mean real stupid things. 125K over several months for a hard working player and a great team isn't anything man. Let it be...

Reaction Score

124, 959 views

1217 posts

Give me a break

MSF: take heart as you are NOT "the only one." ;) (Holy Mackerel, have not been on here much for a long time and I see some new "faces" from which to choose ; that guy whacking his head against the wall sums up what we've been going thru for a couple of months in our search for a used car.)

Reaction Score
To ease your mind----NO YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY/FIRST PERSON

If the Bible is correct apparently that was Adam!!

Reaction Score
MSF: take heart as you are NOT "the only one." ;) (Holy Mackerel, have not been on here much for a long time and I see some new "faces" from which to choose ; that guy whacking his head against the wall sums up what we've been going thru for a couple of months in our search for a used car.)

I asked the guy who was whacking his head against the wall why he did it; He said;
It feels so good when I stop--isn't that the sum of all Megan Walker lurkers???

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
HUSKY fans are obsessed with winning. I mean really, really obsessed. We complain over a one loss in 100+ games. We complain that a 30 point lead at the half just isn't enough. We complain about extremely efficient and high caliber players not getting enough rebounds, points, or aren't fast enough. We bite our nails when a team is within 15 points from us bc god forbid any team give us competition. We are spoiled and have been so for about 20 years. We don't just contribute to the culture that is UCONN, we are the culture.

So you might just be one of the very few not concerned with M. Walker's decision bc the rest of Husky Nation knows with a player like that we are in a continued comfort zone. It's our pacifier. It's our security blanket.

Maybe not the response you are looking for but c'mon man, you posted to the Boneyard, what do you expect? There are no casual fans here, just a community obsessed with wanting continued success. It all stems from the lack of any sports in the state of CT, who else could we be more proud of? The Hartford Wolfpack? The Bridgeport Sound Tigers? The New Haven Ravens? (lol remember them?!?)

Perhaps I speak for a decent majority when I say just let it be. There are worse things posted on You Tube and Facebook that generate a million+ views just in a day or 2. And I mean real stupid things. 125K over several months for a hard working player and a great team isn't anything man. Let it be...

Perhaps you can get some of your sports fan angst out by supporting a Connecticut team with a far gaudier history than the Huskies, Bulls, Yankees or you name it.

The current and 7-time-repeat Women's Major Softball National Champions -- the Stratford (nee Raybestos) Brakettes

Link to a summary of their star-studded history.

If you like winning, they're your team. The current (22 years) manager had a record of 1.150-115 or 90.9% thru 2014.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope she doesn't choose uconn. I feel the way geno does, he would rather have the recruits that sign their letter on intent on the hood of a car then have a press conference. Sounds to me like she is full of herself and there is no I in team at uconn. Im sure geno knows he can win national championships without her just like he did without aja wilson and EDD.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And you decided to start a new Megan Walker thread just to show how uninterested you were?! :cool:
oh what da hell
57e08bf5a9e45.image.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember the count down to Aja Wilson declaring. Envisioning her as a Husky. So disappointed when she announced USC. How did that turn out ? Likewise when EDD left school

We get the players we are supposed to. Those who want to bring their games to the highest level. Geno and our coaches do the rest.

As with everyone, I would love to have her, but we will manage without her if she chooses otherwise.

Reaction Score
I hope she doesn't choose uconn. I feel the way geno does, he would rather have the recruits that sign their letter on intent on the hood of a car then have a press conference. Sounds to me like she is full of herself and there is no I in team at uconn. Im sure geno knows he can win national championships without her just like he did without aja wilson and EDD.
I'm with you - I hope she goes elsewhere.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

124, 959 views

1217 posts

Give me a break

Eh, it's the off season. She's the number 1 recruit. We're bored. Besides half the stuff in the thread(s) isn't even about her. Like usual, we meander off into all kinds of unrelated topics.

Nice of you to bring her up again though. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
She is a kid having fun with her recruitment. If Geno had a problem with her and the way she should sign her National LOI, he wouldn't still be recruiting her. It's a social media era with lots of self promotion. Hell, I do it on a regular basis myself. I want Walker badly as I think she will help our team immensely and keep us very relevant in the P5 conference era. These people that "don't want her" are lying and it's helping them soften the blow if she chooses Texas or Notre Dame.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She is a kid having fun with her recruitment. If Geno had a problem with her and the way she should sign her National LOI, he wouldn't still be recruiting her. It's a social media era with lots of self promotion. Hell, I do it on a regular basis myself. I want Walker badly as I think she will help our team immensely and keep us very relevant in the P5 conference era. These people that "don't want her" are lying and it's helping them soften the blow if she chooses Texas or Notre Dame.
I agree... plus I wanted to add to the view count

Reaction Score
Eh, it's the off season. She's the number 1 recruit. We're bored. Besides half the stuff in the thread(s) isn't even about her. Like usual, we meander off into all kinds of unrelated topics.

Nice of you to bring her up again though. :rolleyes:

It is hard not to wander in concentration--with all the anxiety and high desire running thru my veins--I just have to think of something, anything else to distract my mental breakdown coming if she doesn't come to UConn. HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom