OT: - Am I the only one finding it hard to watch bball on TV w/out fans | The Boneyard

OT: Am I the only one finding it hard to watch bball on TV w/out fans

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Watching a great game Loyola/Chicago v Drake. Close game -good teams but just doesn’t seem exciting. Feels like community television.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Too much really ugly basketball for my taste

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It hasn't bothered me. In fact, I enjoyed the NBA playoffs more than I have in years. Until the finals that is. Finals sucked
I agree I thought the NBA and the NFL were fine. I always preferred NFL on TV over live anyways. NBA I loved but maybe because I was so sports deprived. I watched as many games as I could stay awake for! THEEEE best sports though was my twin Grandsons working their way through Little League play offs all the way to the finals. Yes they lost in the Championship game to a team they beat during the regular season, but damm that was some great baseball!!!!

Reaction Score
Watching a great game Loyola/Chicago v Drake. Close game -good teams but just doesn’t seem exciting. Feels like community television.

A game I care about, and have a rooting interest, doesn't bother me at all. I can generate my own adrenaline and enthusiasm. But I agree that it makes it harder to get into games that you don't care about.

Reaction Score
The crowd usually does affect the outcome if you compare the scores when 2 teams play each other at their own venues.

Without the crowd, the outcome is not as skewed. Both teams have to bring it no matter where they are playing. But, still the "home" team is used to shooting at the baskets and there is familiarity with the arena, which may give the home team an advantage.

Nothing like a road victory in front of a hostile crowd, though.

Reaction Score
I have cataracts (they are scheduled to be operated on). Talk about difficult to watch. I can tell the teams apart. It impossible to tell the players apart. Sometimes I lose track of the ball. I have to get up and walk closer to the TV to see the score.

Reaction Score
I have cataracts (they are scheduled to be operated on). Talk about difficult to watch. I can tell the teams apart. It impossible to tell the players apart. Sometimes I lose track of the ball. I have to get up and walk closer to the TV to see the score.
Best of luck on that surgery Devland. Enjoy the bright colors when it’s over.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
better than nothing that's for dang sure. watched more sports in 2020 than ever before so i'm just thankful theyre playing

Reaction Score
I don't even notice anymore. Very rarely when there's a big dunk or a team makes a run and the other team calls timeout it can feel a little hollow, but otherwise I've adjusted and don't notice.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't even notice anymore. Very rarely when there's a big dunk or a team makes a run and the other team calls timeout it can feel a little hollow, but otherwise I've adjusted and don't notice.

Same. There are moments when the absence is notable. But for most of the game it’s not. Beats the alternative of not playing, by a lot.

Reaction Score
I hate it without fans, but would are going to do. I have watched significantly less sports lately, almost none if my team is not playing. I am a huge Yankees fan, good God it was terrible without fans. Zero atmosphere. Football was probably the best.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't like it but I've gotten somewhat used to it. I too don't watch much these days. MLB was brutal. It didn't help that the Red Sox fielded a AAA (at best) pitching staff, but the lack of atmosphere was also eerie.

Looks like we're restarting our fantasy baseball league nd as the vaccine is made more available, it looks like fans will be allowed to return at some point during the summer.

On the other hand, my youngest is at the age where he will start playing organized team games, not just clinics and I will be coaching both kids now, at least in baseball.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The college basketball product is awful without fans because the players just aren't that good at basketball. The NBA may be better without fans in a bubble environment because it's such a pure form of basketball. College needs the pageantry of everything that surrounds the game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The college basketball product is awful without fans because the players just aren't that good at basketball. The NBA may be better without fans in a bubble environment because it's such a pure form of basketball. College needs the pageantry of everything that surrounds the game.
Agreed. There is a huge risk that with no crowd, mid-majors will have a hard time in The Tournament, where in past years, they would ride the energy of the crowd to upsets. It has a potential to be awful.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Agreed. There is a huge risk that with no crowd, mid-majors will have a hard time in The Tournament, where in past years, they would ride the energy of the crowd to upsets. It has a potential to be awful.

Since the blue bloods aren't taking this year seriously mid majors may get lucky but this will likely be a year where we see talent win every game with no fans.

Reaction Score
I actually like watching with no fans, just wish they would put the microphones close to benches so we could hear the coaches, Loved baseball without the fans. I heard several conversation between batter and umpire. Something I always wondered, when there is a runner on first and the runner and first baseman are talking ,what do they talk about? When I played (long time ago) I would want to beat the crap out of my opponet. Not laugh and joke with them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom