OT: - Am I the only one finding it hard to watch bball on TV w/out fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Am I the only one finding it hard to watch bball on TV w/out fans

Reaction Score
I think it’s been awful all around. Sure it's better than nothing but it makes the games bland. Just look at UConn this year. I bet they wouldn't have lost to Creighton or St Johns at Gampel with fans.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It’s most noticeable when I’m watching a UConn home game. Having been to so many before, I understand the moments when the crowd would stand up and start going crazy. Especially in the second half during close games. I miss it so much.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Since the blue bloods aren't taking this year seriously mid majors may get lucky but this will likely be a year where we see talent win every game with no fans.
Yes. Some mid majors will be seeded higher than they are used to, but the Tourney will go mostly as expected. More so than past years. In past years that would have been chalk, but say a healthy UConn team draws the 10 seed. I suspect they would be favored over a #7 mid-major.

Reaction Score
I actually like watching with no fans, just wish they would put the microphones close to benches so we could hear the coaches, Loved baseball without the fans. I heard several conversation between batter and umpire. Something I always wondered, when there is a runner on first and the runner and first baseman are talking ,what do they talk about? When I played (long time ago) I would want to beat the crap out of my opponet. Not laugh and joke with them.
Professional sports aren't the same as they were years ago. The players are just millionaires executing their jobs. There are a few left that really care and build a hate for their opponent (like Tom Brady). For the rest, it's no different than two dudes that work for Capital One and Wells Fargo being friends with each other.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Professional sports aren't the same as they were years ago. The players are just millionaires executing their jobs. There are a few left that really care and build a hate for their opponent (like Tom Brady). For the rest, it's no different than two dudes that work for Capital One and Wells Fargo being friends with each other.

"Back in my day...."

Reaction Score
"Back in my day...."
I mean I’m in my 30’s it’s not really a back in my day post. He asked how professional athletes can be chummy with players on the other team. They don’t have the same attitude about the game as a 15 year old kid does. A modern player on the Bulls would have no qualms about moving to the Pistons if the price is right. It’s a business for them. They work hard for their next contract. It doesn’t matter if the team succeeds.

Look at Dak on the Cowboys. They offered him a fair contract last off season and he’s squabbling over wanting fewer years on the contract. He doesn’t care that the price he’s demanding means the team will suck because of the salary cap. He just wants to break the bank.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As a former first baseman, I will offer up that being competitive doesn't mean you have to be an backside sphincter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom