Am i a Miami or texas fan today? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Am i a Miami or texas fan today?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Both these teams can score the ball
The three best remaining teams are in the West Region

Reaction Score
Both of these teams play a lot of ISO from what I'm seeing.

Texas looks like they can shoot the 3 better.

Reaction Score
I think Texas is the better all around team and I also want absolutely no part of having to play them in Houston. That will basically be a road game for us with the amount of Longhorn fans that will show up, hoping for Miami.

Reaction Score
Playing in Houston gives Texas about 3 or 4 points on the spread. Huge disadvantage for UConn. Plus they are the better team than Miami. You're nuts if you're not hoping Texas loses.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Playing in Houston gives Texas about 3 or 4 points on the spread. Huge disadvantage for UConn. Plus they are the better team than Miami. You're nuts if you're not hoping Texas loses.

Here's moment I knew Texas was going to win:

Reaction Score
Miami for sure, they can’t defend. Texas will be a big boy game, but no reason UConn can’t control that game as well.

Reaction Score
Huge disadvantage as it's a home game for Texas. If comes down to coaching, Hurley has the big advantage over that ex- UTEP coach Terry. The Longhorns are winning cause of their players not Terry.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
At this point I’m mentally prepared for Texas winning today. We are going to face a war on Saturday.
Texas looks Scary Good. Big, fast, physical, athletic, good shooters, etc. Texas makes me nervous.

Reaction Score
Texas is making shots and plays aggressive defense. If they prevail against Miami, UC will need to play their A game to move on (but so will TX).

Reaction Score
Miami shooting 66% and still down double digits unbelievable.

I was hoping to just bask in the glory of the final 4 all week but I’m already starting to get nervous about playing Texas

Don’t forget Texas also beat Gonzaga by 20+

Reaction Score
I want Texas in Texas . I understand that it'll be that much tougher to pull it out but I actually want some chips stacked against us. It'll show everyone who we are and what this team is made of on the biggest stage . We'll see if our guys get bothered by a raucous crowd that's against them or if they'll salivate at the opportunity to shut that crowd up and take another step closer to etching their names in the record books. They will be carrying their teammates , university and state on their backs. Like Coach Calhoun told them " bring your people with you" . Texas will be ready and so will UConn , let's get it on.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I’m not sure we can beat Texas. It’s a home game against maybe the best team in the country. Daunting task.

Reaction Score
Texas would give us a true road game in the Final Four and has been the better team all year, but Miami, if they win, will have some kind of "team of destiny" feel to them and are absolutely sizzling.

Not sure I like either option.

Maybe we can forfeit.

Reaction Score
This Texas team is scary, they are in some way like ours with the exception of front court. We have to defend 3 point line hard, and Alex Karaban has his work cut out for him against this Allen kid.

The winner of this match will be de facto champ, as the other side are cotton candies.

Reaction Score
Did I just see Teddy Allen from NMSU last year in the crowd or am I imagining things?
Yes, you'll notice there's a guy on the court for Texas who looks exactly like him with the same last name.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Miami plays hard and makes difficult shots. Not sure who we are better off facing. I would still rather play Miami because Texas looks more athletic and obviously it’ll be a home game for the long horns.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This Texas team is scary, they are in some way like ours with the exception of front court. We have to defend 3 point line hard, and Alex Karaban has his work cut out for him against this Allen kid.

Viewing what we did to Gonzaga in comparison to what Texas us doing to Miami, I'm not sure it shouldn't be Texas as viewing us as scary
The winner of this match will be de facto champ, as the other side are cotton candies.
Bad idea to think like this. I know of a few final fours where the consensus was one matchup was clearly the two best teams yet the winner of the undercard ended up winning it all. Most famous being Houston-Louisville in 1982 (NC St beat Georgia in the other semifinal) but I also remember (still very angry about this in fact) 1999 hearing a number of people claiming that the two clearly superior teams were playing in the semifinals (allegedly both Duke and Mich St were better than us).

By the way
Doomed-2.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom