Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Just gonna "like" Cat's post. There is really nothing more to add.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Amen.

When I read the reaction of the CT newspapers, read everyone's references to the UConn/Tennessee rivalry and the 'disappointment' that Pat and Dad didn't 'settle their differences or have another UConn/Tennessee showdown before Pat stepped down'...I was enraged.

How dare you, newspeople and sportscasters and the whole lot of you, make this about an isolated incident that is merely a footnote in the epic, a stone in the glass slipper, a crack in the Yellow Brick Road?

They're just pebbles. They'll go right back to the ground. Let go, for the love of God. And I'm what, 26? And actually LIVED this experience? And I am telling you enough is enough? That's probably a cue for you to focus on what really matters here.

If I can get over that moment in time, you can too. I mean, you can still wallow if you want, but it'll probably be easier to choose to move past it. Be happy or be miserable. The work involved is pretty much the same for both.

Reaction Score
Ally is a very special individual who just wrote an outstanding article about Pat Summitt. I was hanging on every word. It just was absolutely fantastic.

mr006

Reaction Score
Thankfully, based on the comments in her post, a lot of Tennessee fans get it too. If the "most vocal" ones don't, it's their loss, as long as they stay in their own world.

Reaction Score
Summitt Tweet.jpg

Tweet from Pat Summitt

Reaction Score
Amen.

When I read the reaction of the CT newspapers, read everyone's references to the UConn/Tennessee rivalry and the 'disappointment' that Pat and Dad didn't 'settle their differences or have another UConn/Tennessee showdown before Pat stepped down'...I was enraged.

How dare you, newspeople and sportscasters and the whole lot of you, make this about an isolated incident that is merely a footnote in the epic, a stone in the glass slipper, a crack in the Yellow Brick Road?

They're just pebbles. They'll go right back to the ground. Let go, for the love of God. And I'm what, 26? And actually LIVED this experience? And I am telling you enough is enough? That's probably a cue for you to focus on what really matters here.

If I can get over that moment in time, you can too. I mean, you can still wallow if you want, but it'll probably be easier to choose to move past it. Be happy or be miserable. The work involved is pretty much the same for both.
Extremely well articulated!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
First thing I've ever read by Ally...she's an impressive young lady!
You need to go back and read some of her earlier blogs. She has a real gift. You will thoroughly enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom