Alterique update | The Boneyard

Alterique update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's not good news, but he should do what's right for him.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I'm going to assume that means he has 2 options:

Season-ending surgery and redshirt
OR
He waits a few weeks until he's no longer sore, plays, and risks serious re-injury. Likely off-season surgery

Reaction Score
so... are there any JUCO's or late Post-Grad guys we can grab at the end of the semester?

Reaction Score
so... are there any JUCO's or late Post-Grad guys we can grab at the end of the semester?
There actually have been some whispers of someone going to college in the Spring after a semester of post-grad IIRC, forget who it was though

Reaction Score
I'm going to assume that means he has 2 options:

Season-ending surgery and redshirt
OR
He waits a few weeks until he's no longer sore, plays, and risks serious re-injury. Likely off-season surgery
What are the redshirt rules now that he has played in 3 games?

Reaction Score
This season is not going so well, meaning this is a good time to fix what's wrong and get his shoulder right. Same for Diarra and maybe Larrier.

I might add it will give some players much needed court time (e.g. Vance, Vital and Durham) who might have not had the opportunities with everyone healthy. Helpful to their future development and ability to contribute.

Next year we will be contenders.

Last edited:

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Don't risk it. Get surgery sit out.

Pray that Larriers MRI comes back clean. Please!!!
This is the best case scenario to me. I assume that Gilbert would get a higher level of care / surgery being at Uconn and he'd recovery with plenty of time to get ready for next season.

Reaction Score
sprained mcl or acl is 2-4 week recovery process which is not bad. really don't like that it was a non contact injury, hopefully he adjusts his playstyle and removes those dangerous hop steps/travels.

Reaction Score
Well this is officially Jalen's team now. Personally I like the ball in his hands on the offensive end as much as possible. His athleticism, unpredictability and court vision is what's finally had the team figure it out on the offensive end and put some points on the board. Now we just have to figure it out on the defensive end..

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
sprained mcl or acl is 2-4 week recovery process which is not bad. really don't like that it was a non contact injury, hopefully he adjusts his playstyle and removes those dangerous hop steps/travels.
and if he tore his acl or meniscus he could be out for months... it's a freak accident, stopping those moves would hurt his game

Reaction Score
UConn's Larrier on Crutches After Knee Injury, Awaiting MRI; Gilbert to Discuss Immediate Future With Family | Zagsblog

“Alterique is still in the decision-making process,” Ollie said. “We looked over the MRI. We’re going to have him consult with his mother, with his parents, what he wants to do with his future. He’s going to be a big part of the decision. We’re not putting pressure on him either way. It’s his decision.”

Certainly sounds like a medical redshirt is being discussed. Hopefully he makes the best decision for his future.

Reaction Score
Ozzie says he's applying for a medical redshirt.
I anticipate Larrier will be doing the same as well. This year will be tough but guys will develop who likely wouldn't have and that will only make us stronger next year. Vital/Jackson/Durham will be forced to play and get better and you could argue with the talent coming next year none of them will start.
2017-18 Lineup
1. Alterique
2. Adams
3. Hami (or Vance if Hami goes UK)
4. Larrier
5. Enoch (please learn how to play defense)
Bench: Vance, Vital, Durham, Diarra, Makai, Polley, Carlton

Reaction Score
Ozzie says he's applying for a medical redshirt.
smart thing to do. Get the surgery over with.

I guess this means Adams is really going to grow as a player. He's going to have to do everything for us.

Reaction Score
Good choice to redshirt. Get yourself healthy and come back a year more mature. It's not like he's likely NBA bound for his size, so age isn't really going to matter for him.

If a Larrier redshirt happens... idk. I think at a certain point we've got to recognize all of our firepower is gone and just try to have some fun with basketball regardless of wins or losses. Vital, Facey, Enoch and Durham are all being asked to do more than they should have expected. Playing loose and having some fun is the only chance we've got to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom