Alterique update 2.0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alterique update 2.0

Reaction Score
Carlton will be key tonight. He only managed to stay on the floor for 16 minutes and finished with 2 points and 2 rebounds in the last UCF game. If he can't improve those numbers Cobb will need to reappear.
Carolton finished with 11 points, 6 rbs, and 4 blocks, and only one TO, against Wichita State. He does need to improve his foul shooting, was 3-6.

Reaction Score
I've watched a few UCF games this season and a big part of their game is Dawkins and Taylor lowering their shoulder and driving, knowing they will be bailed out with a foul. It is the go-to-play to stem a momentum shift. We have to be able to guard without fouling on the perimeter.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I've watched a few UCF games this season and a big part of their game is Dawkins and Taylor lowering their shoulder and driving, knowing they will be bailed out with a foul. It is the go-to-play to stem a momentum shift. We have to be able to guard without fouling on the perimeter.

Another reason to use some zone defense on this team.

Reaction Score
I trust Tarin starting in AG's place more than any other bench player on the roster, but I kinda like the idea of challenging Tyler Polley to guard Aubrey Dawkins at the 3 like he guarded Markis McDuffie.

Bingo. Glad somebody else had the same thought as me. Give me JA and CV in the backcourt with Polley at the 3 for tonight.

Reaction Score
Bingo. Glad somebody else had the same thought as me. Give me JA and CV in the backcourt with Polley at the 3 for tonight.

I'd say it's worth a shot. And UCF is probably one of the better teams to try it against... but man, 1 true ballhandler on the floor? CV is good in a pinch, but yikes.

Reaction Score
Great news to hear AG pretty much OK let him recover and deffly hold him out against ECU too. UnFortunately, the last few years of uconn ball has programmed my mind to think this one is a UCF 20 point blowout - I’ll have the remote in my hand ready to flip the channel as soon as we get down by 12 or more. thank God that Deoin sanders 30 for 30 is on tonight - might be watching it by halftime. Hope I’m wrong. But going by the past few years, Uconn will get blasted tonight and then roll ECU by 20 on super Sunday. It’s a movie I’ve seen too many times. Still can’t believe spread is only UCF -6.5. God I hope I’m wrong Get better AG!!!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Great news to hear AG pretty much OK let him recover and deffly hold him out against ECU too. UnFortunately, the last few years of uconn ball has programmed my mind to think this one is a UCF 20 point blowout - I’ll have the remote in my hand ready to flip the channel as soon as we get down by 12 or more. thank God that Deoin sanders 30 for 30 is on tonight - might be watching it by halftime. Hope I’m wrong. But going by the past few years, Uconn will get blasted tonight and then roll ECU by 20 on super Sunday. It’s a movie I’ve seen too many times. Still can’t believe spread is only UCF -6.5. God I hope I’m wrong Get better AG!!!
Why on this earth would anyone be interested in Deion Sanders except Deion

Reaction Score
Who is your 4 ?
If they play big it is going to be Sid at the 3 and Polley at the 4. No way Polley can guard Dawkins. He will get toasted on drives to the basket all game long if that happened. Not a pretty sight.

Reaction Score
CV and TS will likely take turns guarding Dawkins. If they try to exploit the height mismatch by posting him up they’ll switch Sid or Polley onto him. If the officials call a foul for breathing on UCF like the first game it won’t really matter who guards him.

Reaction Score
Edward,
1- ESPN usually does some pretty good 30 for 30 docs
2- It’s about the time Deion played With the Falcons and then Braves on the same day -pretty cool
3- I love watching the old footage and video clips of the best era in sports (80s/90s)
4- Uconn starts getting blasted I got something to take my mind off it

Reaction Score
The worry does not end until @superjohn is 100% confident.

I must admit I find it very hard to believe somehow this is not at all to his 3 prior surgeries. I am very happy for AG if this is 100% superjohn approved. (I don't yet either still have to see more I'm afraid):eek:

Reaction Score
Players in Dawkins’ mold have absolutely torched us this year. Polley played way more physically last game, I hope he keeps it up.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hurley needs to be in the refs’ ears early and often about Tacko living in the paint and Taylor pushing off and forcing contact. We have no chance if those things are allowed to happen all night.

Reaction Score
Go big and frustrate him. He thrives when guarded by smaller guards. Memphis went away from it's three guard lineup and had 6'6" 230 lb Raynere Thornton take Dawkins.
Tigers’ defense follows the game plan and throttles UCF offense in FedExForum - The Daily Memphian

I want to see Polley and Sid on him. Sid's shot blocking could alter his shot, even from behind if Dawkins gets by, and Polley's length poses challenges.
You and @HawkHusky sound alike. But yeah, why not experiment and do Polley and Sid together to start. Too bad Mamadou isn't ready because he could man the 4 with Polley. If I see Anderson starting tonight I might get drunk before the 1st foul.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You and @HawkHusky sound alike. But yeah, why not experiment and do Polley and Sid together to start. Too bad Mamadou isn't ready because he could man the 4 with Polley. If I see Anderson starting tonight I might get drunk before the 1st foul.
Who’s Anderson?

Reaction Score
OK Jalen, time to put 'em on your back.
Has he ever done that yet? I can think of times when our superstars came out and dominated games because 'they had to, and knew they did'. I'm just wondering has Jalen ever had that pure domination game when he put the team on his back and willed the victory for the good guys?

He's certainly capable but I'm curious. Be nice if he got a huge signature game (not shot) before he leaves, regardless of the opponent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom