Alterique shoulder | The Boneyard

Alterique shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What I feared was going to happen just happened. Alterique separated his shoulder again. Reminds me so much of what happened to Kris Dunn early in his career at PC. All these great expectations for this season and it's all been flushed down the toilet bowl in the first few games. No Alterique, No Diarra, losses to mid majors. Can't remember everything being this bad in the UConn Universe. Felt like we waited forever for this season to start and I'm already looking towards next season.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Honestly, UConn has been pretty lucky with not having major injuries since the Dyson injury in 2009 (I think we win it all with him). That changed last year with Brimah and now AG's looks serious.

Time to redshirt AG and Diarra and let's just send out our seniors as best as we can and pray no one else gets hurt.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
What I feared was going to happen just happened. Alterique separated his shoulder again. Reminds me so much of what happened to Kris Dunn early in his career at PC. All these great expectations for this season and it's all been flushed down the toilet bowl in the first few games. No Alterique, No Diarra, losses to mid majors. Can't remember everything being this bad in the UConn Universe. Felt like we waited forever for this season to start and I'm already looking towards next season.
I am afraid he and Diarra may be done for the season. Call this a rebuilding year and be done with it. In the end I still think we will win tonights game.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
It was only a matter of time and it didn't look like much to re- injure it. So we brought in two good players that were injured already. Pure WTF three games in and the package stores are closed.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Don't think he will be back before missing double digit games at the very least. Wow, what a blow...

Reaction Score
To be fair, Alterique signed his LOI long before the first shoulder injury.
It was known that a big hit to the shoulder and it would go out of socket again. Thought it strange how he was cleared to play in the first place.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
To be fair, Alterique signed his LOI long before the first shoulder injury.

Even with the injury you still bring him in but it's just odd that we brought in two guys like that. Just get the kid surgery, red shirt him and hope all our players stay in place for next year. I hate to say it this soon but we might be watching for the love of it this season.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
:(

upload_2016-11-17_23-15-42.jpeg

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
It was only a matter of time and it didn't look like much to re- injure it. So we brought in two good players that were injured already. Pure WTF three games in and the package stores are closed.
Are you an amateur @Horatio? Never EVER be shorthanded.

Reaction Score
If Gilbert's done, it's tough to envision a scenario where this team accomplishes anything this season.

Between this, the Diarra injury, and Durham being further behind schedule than we'd hoped, it's really been the season from hell. It's hard to punt on a season when there is no draft and you owe it to your seniors to put the best product out there, but if this season continues to head in this direction, I wouldn't mind playing Enoch 25+ minutes in an effort to accelerate his growth, even if it means playing him alongside Brimah.

Reaction Score
If Gilbert's done, it's tough to envision a scenario where this team accomplishes anything this season.

Between this, the Diarra injury, and Durham being further behind schedule than we'd hoped, it's really been the season from hell. It's hard to punt on a season when there is no draft and you owe it to your seniors to put the best product out there, but if this season continues to head in this direction, I wouldn't mind playing Enoch 25+ minutes in an effort to accelerate his growth, even if it means playing him alongside Brimah.
We don't owe the seniors anything, they haven't shown up and this season is in the cr@pper, play the young guys and get them ready for next season. If Durham is really fully ready to go, play him big minutes. Redshirt Diarra and Alterique needs surgery.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I'm also annoyed by those USA track and field uniforms their wearing this season.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
And to rub salt in the wound we are absolutely finished tonight.

Reaction Score
I don't think a lot of people here realize how f---ed we are. I thought we would probably lose this game before Alterique got injured, now it's a certainty. We are going to have a losing record this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom