Alterique Gilbert plays on ESPNU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alterique Gilbert plays on ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Miller Grove is impressive, their coach is great. Findlay Prep hast a roster full of high major d1 players from across the country and they just lost to a public school from Georgia. Oh yeah, Alterique is nasty.

Reaction Score

Maybe that explains why a couple times he couldn't finish through contact. He was probably exhausted. I loved what I did see from him. He plays for a scrappy team that has lots of penetrators and shooters but no big men. Why do high school teams play there biggest players at the top of the zone when they have midgets in the back line? If any team gets past wave it is easy baskets.

Reaction Score
I think he just gets up so high on his jumper he has that hitch. Could certainly be smoothed out just to make it a quicker release on catch n shoot opportunities.

Overall I'm excited about his shooting ability and end to end speed. Kid will leave you in the dust in the half court too ,although it leads to him playing a bit out of control at times. Him Adams and Larrier running the floor will be pretty fun stuff.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
More consistent than 63% from 2 and 51% from 3?

I think I'd be inclined to have him teach that hitch to everybody else instead.

Beat me to it, Rich.

Reaction Score
I like how he played after getting 2 fouls very early, wasn't rattled and I don't believe he picked up a foul the rest of the game looking forward to watching him again today at 5

Reaction Score
How did the game end. I taped it and the tape ran out with 29 sec. left, tie game GM ball. Can someone fill me in. Thanks.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is this game on ESPN3? Wondering since I couldn't watch, and it was on a BSPN network. If not, is anyone working on a cut up for him on this game? That would be so well appreciated.

Reaction Score
How did the game end. I taped it and the tape ran out with 29 sec. left, tie game GM ball. Can someone fill me in. Thanks.
Augustin from the top of the 3-point arc drove to the middle of the lane and hit a beautiful high arcing floater to go ahead. Findlay missed their shot to tie with couple seconds left.
video here

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Best thing in that video? After making the second straight 3 to go up 5, he put his head down to get back on defense and ended up with a steal. If he woofs at the crowd or struts or whatever, Findlay probably scores in transition.

Most of his misses were on line too - a couple front-rimmers that can come from a little fatigue.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Best thing in that video? After making the second straight 3 to go up 5, he put his head down to get back on defense and ended up with a steal. If he woofs at the crowd or struts or whatever, Findlay probably scores in transition.

Most of his misses were on line too - a couple front-rimmers that can come from a little fatigue.

I think a team needs different personalities; I don't mind guys that are emotional and get pumped up after a big shot. We had a great balance in 2014, with the emotion of Boat and the business-like demeanor of Shabazz. I think we can have something similar with Jalen and Alterique; Jalen wears his emotions a little more on his sleeve, and Alterique is all business.

Reaction Score

I still don;t understand how the play at the end of the 1st quarter wasn't a foul he got possesion of the ball and basically got tackled should have been 3 from the line.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I still don;t understand how the play at the end of the 1st quarter wasn't a foul he got possesion of the ball and basically got tackled should have been 3 from the line.
AAC refs. Getting kid acclimated to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom