Alterique Gilbert learned a lot after most recent shoulder injury | The Boneyard

Alterique Gilbert learned a lot after most recent shoulder injury

Reaction Score
Good read, nice to have him back and 100%. Certainly makes the team better as soon as he steps on the court. Actually will make Jalen better too once they play together, and that is scary for the opposition.

(just hope they don't play Wagner or Northeaster - for the naysayers LOL):eek:

Reaction Score
Having Jalen and Alterique running down the throats of the opponent in transition, both who have unbelievable athleticism and body control for their position, 2 ball handlers, getting Jalen moving off the ball more scattering defensive sets....call me an overly hopeful optimist but I think this upcoming season will be night and day compared to last. Alterique's dark horse, under the radar status right now fits the Uconn narrative so perfectly with how our most recent national championship teams were perceived preseason. I'm loving it

Reaction Score
Having Jalen and Alterique running down the throats of the opponent in transition, both who have unbelievable athleticism and body control for their position, 2 ball handlers, getting Jalen moving off the ball more scattering defensive sets....call me an overly hopeful optimist but I think this upcoming season will be night and day compared to last. Alterique's dark horse, under the radar status right now fits the UConn narrative so perfectly with how our most recent national championship teams were perceived preseason. I'm loving it

Good stuff

Throw Anderson in as a third ball handler and playmaker who's not afraid to take the big shot and make it. I just mentioned in another thread about the chemistry between those three. If it's there and I think it will be combine that with Vital and Larrier playing off the ball and we've got a very dangerous perimeter.

Reaction Score
Good read, nice to have him back and 100%. Certainly makes the team better as soon as he steps on the court. Actually will make Jalen better too once they play together, and that is scary for the opposition.

(just hope they don't play Wagner or Northeaster - for the naysayers LOL):eek:

I'm not a naysayer, but unless I was having a bad dream we actually lost to both of those teams with a full squad. That scares the out of me.

Reaction Score
Good stuff

Throw Anderson in as a third ball handler and playmaker who's not afraid to take the big shot and make it. I just mentioned in another thread about the chemistry between those three. If it's there and I think it will be combine that with Vital and Larrier playing off the ball and we've got a very dangerous perimeter.

Vital will be our third guard, possibly even second. Do you guys realize he had a statistically better freshman season than jalen did? (Didn't flash the potential, but still)

Reaction Score
I'm not a naysayer, but unless I was having a bad dream we actually lost to both of those teams with a full squad. That scares the out of me.

Not me but I certainly can't blame you, I get that. But I take that with a grain of salt as there was little to no chemistry yet. Remember even our AA center got severely outplayed by a 6'7 white guy against Wagner and he was better as the year moved on.

The way I prefer to look at it when they did get better and had a nice streak imagine sprinkling AG, Larrier and Diarra in the mix? They have a chance to be good, how good we have no idea. But this kid will make them better I have no doubt.

Reaction Score
Vital will be our third guard, possibly even second. Do you guys realize he had a statistically better freshman season than jalen did? (Didn't flash the potential, but still)

Will be real nice to have both Christian and Anderson to add to Jalen and Alterique. CV does need his kudo's though tremendous addition considering how much people questioned why we even took him so late. Hoping one or 2 of the bigs (or all) give us a shot like he did this year.

Reaction Score
Not me but I certainly can't blame you, I get that. But I take that with a grain of salt as there was little to no chemistry yet. Remember even our AA center got severely outplayed by a 6'7 white guy against Wagner and he was better as the year moved on.

The way I prefer to look at it when they did get better and had a nice streak imagine sprinkling AG, Larrier and Diarra in the mix? They have a chance to be good, how good we have no idea. But this kid will make them better I have no doubt.
Are you accusing Amida of having a drinking problem?

Reaction Score
Will be real nice to have both Christian and Anderson to add to Jalen and Alterique. CV does need his kudo's though tremendous addition considering how much people questioned why we even took him so late. Hoping one or 2 of the bigs (or all) give us a shot like he did this year.

I can't imagine Anderson being much more than a garbage time or foul troubke player. At best 7 mins a game hope I'm wrong.

To me, CV AG and JA lock down the 1 and 2 spot pretty clearly. 1-3 if we go small, which might be where Anderson serves a role spelling guys.

I would be surprised if AT C.V IS and TL didn't all score low double digits with one or two breaking out for 15-17ppg (most likely jalen or terry). Maybe I'm optimistic?

Reaction Score
I can't imagine Anderson being much more than a garbage time or foul troubke player. At best 7 mins a game hope I'm wrong.

To me, CV AG and JA lock down the 1 and 2 spot pretty clearly. 1-3 if we go small, which might be where Anderson serves a role spelling guys.

I would be surprised if AT C.V IS and TL didn't all score low double digits with one or two breaking out for 15-17ppg (most likely jalen or terry). Maybe I'm optimistic?

I think you're wrong on Anderson. From his highlights and stats he looks like a very talented and experienced combo guard with clutch playmaking and shooting ability. Him and Vital are going to compete for playing time but I would give Anderson the edge going into the season because he has better handle and more experience. But in no way am I counting Vital out he should be a player for us all year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I feel like I got a lot stronger, the muscles around my shoulder are strong and stable,” he said. “It’ll allow me to play.”

This is a key for him. Muscle mass will help to stabilize the shoulder.

Reaction Score
I think you're wrong on Anderson. From his highlights and stats he looks like a very talented and experienced combo guard with clutch playmaking and shooting ability. Him and Vital are going to compete for playing time but I would give Anderson the edge going into the season because he has better handle and more experience. But in no way am I counting Vital out he should be a player for us all year.

Eh, personally I see a guard who was the 4th option on a bad team in a bad conference.

His handle will be why he'll be a decent guy to spell rique or jalen, but I don't see him being able to score.

Let's just hope were both right and they both overachieve

Reaction Score

"Sprinkling AG, Larrier and Diarra in to the mix?" You do realize Purvis, Brimah, Jackson. Enoch, Durham, and Facey are all gone right?

You also mention "no chemistry yet." You realize Adams and Vital are the only ones who have played together, right?

Reaction Score
Anderson was the fourth leading scorer on a horrible team, you might be overrating him.

Reaction Score
"Sprinkling AG, Larrier and Diarra in to the mix?" You do realize Purvis, Brimah, Jackson. Enoch, Durham, and Facey are all gone right?

You also mention "no chemistry yet." You realize Adams and Vital are the only ones who have played together, right?

Yeah did we lose a superstar I missed?

Reaction Score

Don't see that at all. Better than a garbage player certainly has more game than that.

Reaction Score
Eh, personally I see a guard who was the 4th option on a bad team in a bad conference.

His handle will be why he'll be a decent guy to spell rique or jalen, but I don't see him being able to score.

Let's just hope were both right and they both overachieve

He averaged 11 points a game while Vital scored 8 points a game for a horrible team in a horrible conference so what's your point?

Reaction Score
KO also loved Durham, Enoch and Jackson. And told us Rodney was a Ferrari

pj

Reaction Score
Let's hope Kevin loves all his players. Anderson and Vital had very similar stat lines -- Anderson did score 11.1 pts, 3.2 assts, 2.0 rpg in 34 mpg on a team with 9 guards, Vital 9.1 pts, 1.8 assists, 3.5 rpb in 29 mpg on a team with 3 guards, shooting percentages were almost identical from 2, 3, and free throw line. Conferences were similar in strength. On a per-40 minutes their stats were almost identical. Got to think it will be a matchup issue, when size is needed Vital plays and when ballhandling is needed Anderson plays. I do think Vital has potential to raise his 3 pt shooting percentage significantly, then he'd be the designated marksman. Anderson has to cut down on turnovers but I expect KO can teach him that.

Reaction Score
Anderson is going to play a good amount. Could even see him getting a bunch of crunch time minutes when we have the lead as he might be the best defensive guard on the team

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
KO also loved Durham, Enoch and Jackson. And told us Rodney was a Ferrari
And he probably still loves Durham, Enoch and Jackson and RP had some very good moments in a UConn uniform (the Ferrari quote came out of how he played in practice and scrimmages while red shirt - don't remember KO saying it last year, do you?)
What is your point?

Reaction Score
How good are TL and AG?
I think Gilbert with 4 years eligibility had much to do with MAL decommitting. I think TL's game was a factor in Daniel Hamilton going pro and was part of the bad vibes dad and Vance had.
We need a big or 2 to step up earlier than expected to make small ball work.
We should be fast and fun to watch

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom