Alot of smoke for Louisville | The Boneyard

Alot of smoke for Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like all the tweets are now saying louisville. This sucks! When it comes to us academics and TV market dont matter. Somebody type something that gives me some hope

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Sounds like all the tweets are now saying louisville. This sucks! When it comes to us academics and TV market dont matter. Somebody type something that gives me some hope

The latest rumor is Louisville, with Cincy and UConn likely to follow. Just hope likely means "definitely."

MattMang23

Reaction Score
It means they're tired of answering questions why we aren't moving.

Reaction Score

Nothing has EVER mattered when it came to viewing us favorably during this whole ordeal. When it's based on football it doesn't favor us, wehn it's based on tv markets/academics it doesn't matter.

You'd almost think this was personal.

Reaction Score
You guys talking like this is official or something. I need to see some more goshdarn tweets!!!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
You guys talking like this is official or something. I need to see some more goshdarn tweets!!!

Nothing official. I have yet to see a legitimate source state that Louisville is going by itself to the ACC.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Are you sure that it's smoke? It could just be gas from a lot of rednecks who ate too much deep fried turkey yesterday and downed far too much moonshine.

Reaction Score
This madness has to stop. There are a thousand valid reasons why UConn is a terrific choice for the ACC or the B1G.

There is not a chance in hell we will be left out. None, nada, zilch.

Stop and think about it. There is way too much value in all the major athletic programs, not to mention top notch olympic sports, with academics no conference would ever be ashamed of.

Isn't it kinda fun though dreaming about joining the B1G. I'm only happy about going to the ACC for survival purposes but an invite to the B1G would make all this madness worth it. :cool:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So let's say it's true that UL and UC go to ACC, UConn to either follow to ACC or get invite to B1G. What I find amusing about this is that the remaining Catholic schools will form their own league, raid the A10 for St. Bonnies, St. Joes, maybe Duquense and another one or two and will still get 6 bids for the NCAAs and probably a fantastic contract from ESPN.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
So let's say it's true that UL and UC go to ACC, UConn to either follow to ACC or get invite to B1G. What I find amusing about this is that the remaining Catholic schools will form their own league, raid the A10 for St. Bonnies, St. Joes, maybe Duquense and another one or two and will still get 6 bids for the NCAAs.

Their first three calls would be to Xavier, Dayton and Butler. Villanova will cry if you call St. Joe's immediately.

That would give them:

Villanova
Georgetown
Seton Hall
St. John's
Providence
Marquette
DePaul
Xavier
Dayton
Butler

For schools that don't play football, that's a pretty good ten team league.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So let's say it's true that UL and UC go to ACC, UConn to either follow to ACC or get invite to B1G. What I find amusing about this is that the remaining Catholic schools will form their own league, raid the A10 for St. Bonnies, St. Joes, maybe Duquense and another one or two and will still get 6 bids for the NCAAs and probably a fantastic contract from ESPN.
The chatter is that the bball league would be national. Gonzaga, St. Mary's, Butler, Xavier.

Reaction Score
We are one of the biggest markets in the country w/o a pro sports team. We will be scooped up.

Reaction Score
We are one of the biggest markets in the country w/o a pro sports team. We will be scooped up.

Hopefully. This reason alone should get us scooped up. It hasn't happened yet while schools that bring nothing have been scooped up. Something is off here. Either personal reasons or our own ability to sell ourselves.

Reaction Score
If it's about football then here is the problem. 38,000 is a joke and we can't fill it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rentschler_Field_UConn.jpg

Absolutely no vision for what was going to happen with regard to realignment. No marketing the program. No imagination. Now we would be 5 years away from having 70,000. The state has had its head up its

Oh stop. If empty seats were a DQ factor no way does Pitt and Cuse get invited.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
If it's about football then here is the problem. 38,000 is a joke and we can't fill it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rentschler_Field_UConn.jpg

Absolutely no vision for what was going to happen with regard to realignment. No marketing the program. No imagination. Now we would be 5 years away from having 70,000. The state has had its head up its

Not to get political, but if the State has its head up its ass, it's for reasons far bigger than because UConn can't fill the Rent.

Reaction Score
Smoke is used in battle to obscure or trick. Since there is nothing coming from ESPN, the ACC the B1G or UConn I might suggest you all relax.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Smoke is used in battle to obscure or trick. Since there is nothing coming from ESPN, the ACC or UConn I might suggest you all relax.

Good sir, smoke is also produced when there's fire.

We will continue to obsess like little girls until we have an outcome (and probably after that).

Reaction Score
I can't tell if the massive headache I have is from my coworker's halitosis or the constant pessimism on here...probably the halitosis but this is a close second.

We're gonna be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104