Almost 10k in the pot | The Boneyard

Almost 10k in the pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If you can give $5 do it now - $10 is cool. Anything. Just a short trip to 10k and then we can start thinking about 15, 20, 25. Let's go. Step up Husky Fans!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Meet with the foundation and get concrete options for 10k, 15k, etc. and I think we will see significant $$$ roll in. I'm in for a nice donation but am waiting to see options.

Reaction Score
Meet with the foundation and get concrete options for 10k, 15k, etc. and I think we will see significant $$$ roll in. I'm in for a nice donation but am waiting to see options.
yeah me too. i just hope this goes to some sort of charity in jc name and not some statue or billboard.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm all for a contribution to a locker through the foundation - but nobody is standing up to take the lead. Deepster started this. Not that I want this in any way, but if you want me to step and take the lead for a locker, I'll consider it.

As fishy put it, this is a mess at this point. Someone needs to take the lead. Who is that?

Until then, it's a CF of "I'm in" and "I'll give this much" but there's no direction.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think it's basically you or no one.

I think dogbreath has shown some productive interest as well and he's local and not a complete moron, so perhaps he can be your deputy.

I think we'd be in good hands there and I would have the added benefit of watching the two of you suffer.

Reaction Score
I haven't said much because I'm not sure there's been much to say lately. The commitments on donations have rolled in. I think the statue and billboard ideas are not going anywhere (rightfully so) and that it's now slanted towards more of a donation/scholarship type effort.

As you know, my ex-wife handles most of the marketing efforts and event planning for JC's charities. I spoke to her this weekend and she said she's actually going to try and talk to JC about it to get his thoughts.

I don't have any ego where I need to run the show. Maybe me, jleves, dogbreath and Fish or Tom (since it's attached directly to your site)?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I haven't said much because I'm not sure there's been much to say lately. The commitments on donations have rolled in. I think the statue and billboard ideas are not going anywhere (rightfully so) and that it's now slanted towards more of a donation/scholarship type effort.

As you know, my ex-wife handles most of the marketing efforts and event planning for JC's charities. I spoke to her this weekend and she said she's actually going to try and talk to JC about it to get his thoughts.

I don't have any ego where I need to run the show. Maybe me, jleves, dogbreath and Fish or Tom (since it's attached directly to your site)?

I'd be happy to help out as able, meaning I don't have "connections" or particular knowledge that would be of help. I am "in state," as Deep is still, I presume.

Deep, maybe we can wait to see if your ex has a chance to get JC's input, but not too long because we are losing some momentum. JC just came out and is seeking out support for the new basketball practice facility, so that "Boneyard" locker would fit with that. In the mean time, maybe we can try to figure out the questions that need answering. It would be nice to know, for example, how many words could go on the locker dedication. Also, what happens if we cannot get to 25K? Once we have a specific target and a way to donate that is trusted, we just might be able to get there. Perhaps others can invite friends and others to join in to honor Coach Calhoun.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

You four or five come up with one or more ideas. If more than one idea we vote on it. The highest vote getter is the project for the Boneyard. Set timelines for each step. Post it and then finalize it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
From what I've seen even over the past few hours, I think we're in good hands jleves, Deep and dogbreath - they're on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom