Ally to Geno on Fathers' Day | The Boneyard

Ally to Geno on Fathers' Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
"For giving me the biggest hug on the night I moved to New York, yelling "I'm so proud of you!" as Mom dragged you away to a cab..."

"For giving me another hug a few months later when I broke down and admitted I didn't want to be in theater full time, telling me you stood behind any decision I wanted to make..."

Bravo Geno!

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
I loved this post. It makes him more human - he's just not a Hall-of-Fame basketball coach, but a wonderful father. Despite his insanely busy schedule, he certainly made time to be there for his daughter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I loved this post. It makes him more human - he's just not a Hall-of-Fame basketball coach, but a wonderful father. Despite his insanely busy schedule, he certainly made time to be there for his daughter.
He is crazy about his family, and vice versa. That's just one of the reasons that we're having a hard time believing Ms. Hardwick's claims about Geno.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
He is crazy about his family, and vice versa. That's just one of the reasons that we're having a hard time believing Ms. Hardwick's claims about Geno.

I'm not having a hard time believing in Geno. I find it very easy to believe that the allegations by Ms. Hardwick are "beyond false."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

My biggest doubt is because his wife and/or mother would kill him (whoever got to him first)......and he knows it.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Men can love their families and be horndogs. These are not mutually exclusive qualities, I'm afraid. I agree that if Geno did anything inappropriate, it would have been colossally stupid on his part, really mindbogglingly so, but Lord knows he would not have been the first (or the last) ostensibly intelligent, successful man to put himself in harm's way in the name of carnal desire.

What makes me more skeptical is how important he takes his role as an ambassador for women's sports specifically. Other men who have enjoyed power and success may stray from their marriages (and in fact may believe power and success entitles them to do so), but it is such a sensitive line Geno has to walk as a man in a woman's world, and at the time one of the most visible faces in that world (now arguably the single most visible). He seems to hold that duty so sacrosanct that I really have a hard time believing he would betray that responsibility.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Geno continues to have an ally in Ally. :) Whatever happens, he's clearly been a terrific father to his daughter, as well as a terrific mentor to many generations of young women trusted to his care.

Reaction Score
Men can love their families and be horndogs. These are not mutually exclusive qualities, I'm afraid. I agree that if Geno did anything inappropriate, it would have been colossally stupid on his part, really mindbogglingly so, but Lord knows he would not have been the first (or the last) ostensibly intelligent, successful man to put himself in harm's way in the name of carnal desire.

What makes me more skeptical is how important he takes his role as an ambassador for women's sports specifically. Other men who have enjoyed power and success may stray from their marriages (and in fact may believe power and success entitles them to do so), but it is such a sensitive line Geno has to walk as a man in a woman's world, and at the time one of the most visible faces in that world (now arguably the single most visible). He seems to hold that duty so sacrosanct that I really have a hard time believing he would betray that responsibility.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Geno continues to have an ally in Ally. :) Whatever happens, he's clearly been a terrific father to his daughter, as well as a terrific mentor to many generations of young women trusted to his care.
Yeah, but Alex, those other men don't have nonna for a mother or Kathy for a wife ;) (see Meyers' post above)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom