Allisha Gray to South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Allisha Gray to South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
There is so much talent on 6 or 7 teams it will not be a major upset when some of
them meet. This is the way it should be for the game to grow.

Reaction Score
Now that SC will be loaded in 2016-17, I think it puts more pressure on the top uncommitted recruits in 2016 to go to a school that really can compete for a national championship, which in my opinion bodes well for UConn and ND.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Perhaps someone can post the rosters with the incoming classes for UConn and SC side by side.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Well congratulations on the transfer....

but remember.. your state still is Little Carolina ;):cool::D:rolleyes::p:)

Maybe I'm mistaken... But it seems like you're defending UNC... :eek:

Either way, I'm looking forward to "little Carolina" beating UNC on the football field and the lady Blue Devils at Colonial Life... I can easily see 17,000+ at that game. We tend to hate the ACC around here.. :D:)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Perhaps someone can post the rosters with the incoming classes for UConn and SC side by side.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme ‏@CharlieCreme 36 minutes ago
Next year a UCONN-SC battle will be fun. After that it might just be a Gamecocks world with everyone else just watching.

The best "talent" doesn't always make for the best "team." UConn WBB has plenty of both...and the best coaches. When all is said and done, I'll take the team from Storrs. :)
Charlie is funny. SC doesn't have the "best talent". He's forgetting that UCONN has a sick team (by class) in 2 years of:

SR: Tuck, Chong
JR: Nurse, Williams, Butler, (Ekmark)
SO: Collier, Samuelson, Boykin
FR: Dangerfield, (Irwin, Bent)

I put the kids in parenthesis who are question marks as far as how "elite" they are. But Tuck is a legit top 5 kid. Nurse is a legit top 5 kid. Williams is a legit top 10 kid. Collier and Samuelson are not only legit top 5 kids, but may be the top 3-4 in their class. Samuelson is certainly #1 and Collier might be #2, 3, or 4. Dangerfield is a legit top 5 kid in her class.

So 4 of our starters are legit top 5 in their respective classes. Aside from Wilson, SC has no one (in 2 years) who is as good as the quartet of Turk, Nurse, Collier or Samuelson. I tend to agree with Cat - ND might be the early favorite that year, but certainly UCONN will be up there as well. I'd put SC as well as everyone else a step below.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And your point? Not sure if you are saying I'm being proud or haughty, or both. But if that was your point, I certainly have a comment for you...

simmerdown128607268615615049.jpg

;)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I still consider ND the favorite for the 16-17 championship.

I think ND is well set up for the future, but I rate Collier and Samuelson VERY highly going back to before they committed when I coveted them for the Irish. If they're as good as I think they are, UConn won't fall off much upon Stewart's graduation.

Reaction Score
Now this scares me!! They will be LOADED!!! Dawn almost made it to the championship game this year....no doubt in my mind she'all be knocking on the door of a championship in the years to come!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Aside from Wilson, SC has no one (in 2 years) who is as good as the quartet of Turk, Nurse, Collier or Samuelson. I tend to agree with Cat - ND might be the early favorite that year, but certainly UCONN will be up there as well. I'd put SC as well as everyone else a step below.

I'm of the opinion that Gray and Davis are massively talented but under-coached at present. This starting line-up has immense potential, in my opinion:

PG - Cuevas
W - Davis
W - Gray
PF - Wilson
C - Coates

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In a span of 2 years, SC is losing Ibiam, Dozier, Tiffany Mitchell, Tina Roy, Welch, Sessions, and Olivia Gaines. That's a lot of production lost and it has to be made up somewhere.

Exactly, which explains why Dawn has gone the transfer route. Without Davis and Gray, her perimeter players look to be good but not championship level players. Of course, bringing in transfers with 2 years of eligibility left means big losses in 2018 (Wilson, Gray, White, Davis, Cuevas, etc). It'll be interesting to see how she does recruiting high school players going forward.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
And your point? Not sure if you are saying I'm being proud or haughty, or both. But if that was your point, I certainly have a comment for you...

I was going for the proud part - I just went with the full biblical quote (New International Version) for a bit of fun. Normally, I'm the last person who would quote the bible.

And UConn fans have every reason to be proud! It's just dangerous to predict the results of hypothetical games that may occur in 2017.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm mistaken... But it seems like you're defending UNC... :eek:

Either way, I'm looking forward to "little Carolina" beating UNC on the football field and the lady Blue Devils at Colonial Life... I can easily see 17,000+ at that game. We tend to hate the ACC around here.. :D:)

Actually I was sticking up for NC vs little brother to the south :p

I actually think the game in Charlotte (football) will be a good matchup....strength vs strength.. Offense (them) vs Defense (you guys)

I hope the Duke game down there is on a Sunday.... i know i wouldnt be able to go to a Monday night game...... a Sunday game is one that could be a possibility ... as long as I could sit with fellow Blue Devil fans. (they dont call them Lady Blue Devils :cool:)

By the way .... we tend to hate the SEC up here... so the hate is mutual :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm of the opinion that Gray and Davis are massively talented but under-coached at present. This starting line-up has immense potential, in my opinion:

PG - Cuevas
W - Davis
W - Gray
PF - Wilson
C - Coates
Good points - UCONN would likely counter with Nurse, Collier, Samuelson, Tuck and Butler. I forgot about Davis, and Coates is very very good. It would certainly be a good battle.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
2015 - Farmer, Cuevas, Duckett, Cliney, Sessions, T.Davis, Wilson, Roy, Mitchell, Dozier, White, Coates, Imovbioh, Colley.... A HUGE roster, that'll lose 5 players (4 Guards, 1 post)

2016 - Farmer, Cuevas, Duckett, Cliney, T. Davis, Wilson, White, Coates, Colley, K.Davis, Gray... Manageable roster, doesn't include any possible 2016 commits.. Lots of upperclassmen (1 soph, 7 juniors, 3 seniors)

Dawn will need a big classes in 2016, 2017 and 2018 to maintain a decent roster... She can get by with 2 or so recruits in 2016 but she needs to go BIG after that. In 2018 she basically loses her entire current roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With all of that talent around her (Gray, Davis, Wilson and Coates) she simply just has to distribute the ball... and if she's not capable then we also have Colley who will be a 20 year old frosh with tons of international experience as a PG. We'll be okay at PG I think..

What makes you think that Colley won't reopen her recruitment? Could anyone blame her if she did?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
What makes you think that Colley won't reopen her recruitment? Could anyone blame her if she did?

Anything is possible.. As we're learning this off season, players transfer for a myriad of reasons. She only has one PG ahead of her, it's not like SC is drowning in point guards (if that's what your insinuating).. If she's afraid of competing with 1 other player then maybe it's best she leaves. Just like Colley could leave before then, it's also likely SC would've brought in another PG behind her..

Reaction Score
Tweet from David Clonniger South Carolina Beat Reporter

Quite a day for Dawn Staley. New contract, and her third ACC transfer -- North Carolina's Allisha Gray is coming to Columbia.

South Carolina is now loaded for the Future. Presuming no transfers from South Carolina have to consider them the favorites for National Championship in 2016/2017 Season.
I wouldn't worry too much about. They've done nothing on the big stage yet.

Reaction Score
Well, I think UConn is the clear preseason favorite in 2015-16. I do see the 2016-17 Husky rotation as being nasty: Tuck, Nurse, Butler, Collier Samuelson, Boykin, Williams, Ekmark, Chong, Dangerfield, Irwin, Bent. That's a very deep and stout squad.

A lot will come down to how much UConn's kids progress over the next 17 months versus ND's. I'm especially interested to see what Turner and Muffet's excellent 2015 recruiting class do...
I'm glad for the real competition. UCONN is starting with a core of thoroughbreds, plus we usually develop them better than anyone else. So I'm thinking we'll be OK. But it will be nice to have some serious competition and get some competitive games for a change.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think ND is well set up for the future, but I rate Collier and Samuelson VERY highly going back to before they committed when I coveted them for the Irish. If they're as good as I think they are, UConn won't fall off much upon Stewart's graduation.

I agree with this. The most important x-factor is Crystal Dangerfield. I think she's going to be terrific. The question is how quickly does that happen. If it's immediately, UConn could still be atop the group of loaded teams next year. If not, it'll be more of a crapshoot.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is potentially terrifying in 15-16 if Staley can make all the pieces fit together properly.
Prediction Connecticut by 20 in South Carolina this year!It will be like going to play Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Like Nationwide says in their commercials .... "sometimes life comes at you fast" :rolleyes:

Once a kid decides to transfer, they are already 90% sure where they want to go. They perform their "due diligence" before they make their announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom