Allie Ziebell - Wowza! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Allie Ziebell - Wowza!

Reaction Score
Here’s my list: PaoPao.

Who are the other 49?
JuJU for one; ever hear of Caitlin Clark? (I don't have time right now for the other 47 but I can find them for you). My point is; we have no reason to believe that Azzi Fudd will be the POY any more. We'll be fortunate if she is good and remains on the floor.

Reaction Score
Allie is exactly what we need, a guard who can reliably shoot threes. I know there's Paige, but it would be a load off of the girl is she could just focus on passing, rebounding, blocking shots and making the game winning score. PS/There's no guarantee that Azzi will return in perfect health and with the ability to play minutes. How well does Alie play guard? Well, her history is that she was not a good shooter as a youngster, so maybe she'll surprise with the ball in her hands now. She reminds me of Caroline, though she, too, is not assured of a full recovery.
She carried Neenah HS this year. Although she is not selfish, sometimes the Goats have to do what they do

Reaction Score
You could be right. Interesting how quickly we have forgotten about Azzi. She really hasn't played in two years, and 50 kids can now shoot threes as well as she ever did.
She is quicker than anyone else. And she only needs a small clearing to shoot the 3. - She will surprise next year

Reaction Score
She is quicker than anyone else. And she only needs a small clearing to shoot the 3. - She will surprise next year
Agreed. Uconn has a real winner here and Allie will be more than a surprise as she is ready NOW. GO ALLIE!!!!

Reaction Score
Yes, Carol beat Azzi. Azzi demolished everyone in the first round. In the second round, Carol and Azzi tied. Carol won the tiebreaker by making more shots.

Last year at First Night, Azzi and Alex beat Carol and Cam. Cam was very upset at losing.
Azzi was in a boot, cmon folks!

Reaction Score
You could be right. Interesting how quickly we have forgotten about Azzi. She really hasn't played in two years, and 50 kids can now shoot threes as well as she ever did.
50? I’m afraid I’d have to see that on paper! The thing is, we’ve never really gotten to see Azzi at the top of her game or, if we did, it was only for a few games! Even so, I doubt there’s even 20 girls that can shoot better than Azzi!

Reaction Score
JuJU for one; ever hear of Caitlin Clark? (I don't have time right now for the other 47 but I can find them for you). My point is; we have no reason to believe that Azzi Fudd will be the POY any more. We'll be fortunate if she is good and remains on the floor.
Juju can only dream of shooting as well as Azzi and I can completely understand why you don’t have time to find the other 47 because they aren’t there! How about we see if Azzi can finally stay healthy for a season? If she can, I promise you will not be finding 50 players that shoot better than her!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Juju can only dream of shooting as well as Azzi and I can completely understand why you don’t have time to find the other 47 because they aren’t there! How about we see if Azzi can finally stay healthy for a season? If she can, I promise you will not be finding 50 players that shoot better than her!
Georgia Amoore?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Watkins finished the season a hair under 32% from 3-point range. She actually didn't even make enough (2 per game) to be on the NCAA list; she would have finished around 143rd in percentage.
In Division I, there were 32 players who shot 40% or better, all played in at least 30 games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think we are talking about shooting accuracy, especially from deep.

Caitlin and JuJu are obviously great players. Caitlin's shooting from deep: 41%, 33%, 39%, 38%. JuJu's shooting from deep: 33%.

In contrast, PaoPao: 40%, 30%, 42%, 46%.

I don't expect Azzi to be POY, but All-American is a realistic goal.

Reaction Score

Watkins was 2-6 on 3's Monday and 32% from 3 for the season.

Besides, Fudd is a complete basketball player and not a 1 dimensional 3 pt shooter.

I suppose you had Bueckers retiring when she tore her ACL.

Reaction Score
Idk why but I’m not that high on her. It’s not that she’s not good, shooters are always welcome. She just doesn’t excite me as a player compared to what we already have.

Reaction Score
One thing the last few seasons have taught me is that we want to have as many perimeter shooters as possible. The last 3 seasons we’ve not had enough consistent threats in this area. Allie is an important addition.

Last season, after Azzi went down it was just Lou. The year before that it was Paige Azzi and Caroline until the concussion took Caroline away. Paige and Azzi got us to the NC game but one more threat would have helped, especially after Dorka went down. Three years ago our only consistent perimeter threat was Paige and we couldn’t get past the final four.

Don’t get me wrong, all those teams had great players on them, some of my personal favorites, like Evina and Christyn and Olivia. But in each case one more shooter would have helped a lot.

I’m thrilled that we’ll have Paige Ash Allie at a minimum next season, and if Azzi and Caroline can return to their previous form I’ll be thrilled. 5 is a good number of shooters to have.

Remember when Geno used to complain that the team couldn’t shoot? I think those days are gone. Allie and Ash will carry us forward.

Reaction Score
Allie has a nice shooting stroke. That Mickey Ds game, she had some nice looks on the wing.

Reaction Score
Azzi has a quick release no doubt- another person of interest with fast release is Sarah Strong!

Reaction Score
Azzi has a quick release no doubt- another person of interest with fast release is Sarah Strong!
Geno will have a bunch of quick release shooters next year!

Reaction Score
I hope Azzi is ok. She was a game changer when healthy. Now we see her sitting on the bench and standing/walking with the team but that's about it. Maybe they are on social media which I don't usually access but it's been a while since her injury and yet haven't seen her doing some dribbling/ shooting drills- something, anything to show she is back on the road to a full recovery.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope Azzi is ok. She was a game changer when healthy. Now we see her sitting on the bench and standing/walking with the team but that's about it. Maybe they are on social media which I don't usually access but it's been a while since her injury and yet haven't seen her doing some dribbling/ shooting drills- something, anything to show she is back on the road to a full recovery.

A recent report says that Azzi's rehab is still ahead of schedule. I think she does some rebounding for the active players in warmups. She is also smiling on the bench a lot. Fingers crossed for next season. I've seen Azzi at her peak, and she's as good as it gets.

Reaction Score
ALLIE ZIEBELL... I was impressed by the comments by Allie's H.S. coach at the end of this video clip....
The bonds that develop between special players and special coaches... Wonderful. BRING IT TO STORRS, ALLIE.
Geno and the Huskies are waiting for you... Go ROCKETS! Go HUSKIES!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom