Allie Ziebell vs. Ashlynn Shade | The Boneyard

Allie Ziebell vs. Ashlynn Shade

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Reaction Score
It's very fortunate for UConn to be able to recruit such outstanding talent from the midwest.
We've become a very midwestern oriented team with Paige, KK, Shade, Patterson & now Ziebell.
Even Edwards is a midwestern Canadian, & Azzi spent a lot of time in Minnesota too with her granny.
For Shade to chosen to leave Indiana could end up being UConn's ace in the hole.
It seems much harder for UConn to attract southern talent to UConn, but somewhat easier to get CA talent.

The next few years could be important for winning a NC to help elevate UConn as a primier WCBB destination.
The media coverage has contributed a lot to help keep recruiting interest high during the current dry spell but there's nothing like winning NC's to renew the interest among a new & younger generation.
Ziebell could turn into one of those superstars that can make it happen.
Hopefully she can give Paige a reason to remain optimistic enough to remain at UConn another year,
There's nothing better for Paige's brand than to go out as a winner.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Winning NC's? I'm just praying to get thru this season (and subsequent seasons) with no more injury collateral damage. I know for most UCONN fans it's NC or bust, but that ship has sailed. With all the talent and great teams out there, we aren't sniffing a NC any time soon. It remains to be seen if we can sport a team that is health AND talented enough to compete for one, but as of right now, that's just not realistic.

Reaction Score
I personally think Allie will be the better 3 point shooter and will have to improve her defense . Definitely looks like a freshman contributor.

sun

Reaction Score
Ziebell could be what we expected from Azzi before being derailed by all of the injuries.
Alli took 1,000 shots per day that tuned her into a Terminator.
She knows what's at stake - it's going to lead to her stardom, fame & fortune.
When the time comes she'll replace Paige's point production & celebrity.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Winning NC's? I'm just praying to get thru this season (and subsequent seasons) with no more injury collateral damage. I know for most UCONN fans it's NC or bust, but that ship has sailed. With all the talent and great teams out there, we aren't sniffing a NC any time soon. It remains to be seen if we can sport a team that is health AND talented enough to compete for one, but as of right now, that's just not realistic.
sure hope you'll enjoy a meal of nice roasted crow!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
sure hope you'll enjoy a meal of nice roasted crow!
When? You really think we have a shot this year? No way. Next year? depends who leaves. But UCONN fans have been spoiled and NC or bust is pretty much what they expect every year. It's time to start adjusting expectations. Getting in the top 10 and a nice run in the NCAA's is as good as it gets in the near future.

And by the way, should we win this year, bring this post back and not only will I eat crow, but humble pie as well!!! ;)

Reaction Score
Nice to be able to have debates like this. Of course there is a time factor here, hence the DeLorean.

I think Ziebell will prove to be the better long-range shooter and have more ability to drive to the basket than Shade but Ashlynn's maniacal effort at both ends of the floor will not be bettered.........just imagine if Azzi, Paige and Ducharme return next season along with Ziebell and Cheli and the other injured players.........that might be a pretty decent team.......

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ash is about 1” shorter and more muscular than Allie. I think Allie’s a better shooter, especially from distance. Her stats—but not her form—are comparable to Azzi’s. Both Ash and Allie are gym rats.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
When? You really think we have a shot this year? No way. Next year? depends who leaves. But UCONN fans have been spoiled and NC or bust is pretty much what they expect every year. It's time to start adjusting expectations. Getting in the top 10 and a nice run in the NCAA's is as good as it gets in the near future.

And by the way, should we win this year, bring this post back and not only will I eat crow, but humble pie as well!!! ;)
everyone has a shot until -- what -- april 8? april 1?

remember, we have diana paige and they don't. ;)

Reaction Score
Enough of this who's a better shooter or who deserves playing time or who should start. Uconn has a team of players that Freshmen or Seniors doesn't matter. Uconn has a nucleus of 2 starting fives and the team talent to be one of the greatest Uconn has ever had. 7 players capable of scoring 20 points in any game and a defense that is one of the best. Who ever is on the court , I'm sure will do what is expected of them and will bust a gut for a win. Not mentioning the events of the last 2 years, if blessed, the Uconn team has many accolades in their future and many AA's to be earned. GO GO HUSKIES!!!!!!

Reaction Score
More or less same person, just different name :rolleyes:
Allie is bigger and the better shooter. No ”shade” intended toward Shade, she is looking like a major find!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

This year seems like not likely. But sometimes the teams that would give any team a problem get eliminated unpredictably . Beyond this year who knows. We don’t know who is coming back. We don’t know what Jana will bring to the table as well as the other newbies. We don’t know about transfers in. Lots of fluidity from year to year these days.

Reaction Score
I am holding off on any type of "what to look for next year" vibe. On paper, like any program, we look good and will look good in terms of talent. The key is always how will these players blend their skills on the court together, if they get on the court and will they be able to play through their mistakes. Allie looks like a great talent, and I wish her all the best and welcome her to the UConn family but I am holding off on any type of expectations for now.

Reaction Score
I think your comments regarding Jana, Ayanna, and Ice are pretty spot on. I have high hopes for Jana too, and like you my expectations for Ayanna and Ice have been lowered. They might be good, but based on their #4 and #5 ratings, so far they have disappointed. If you add Caroline to the possibilities, all our potential bigs have question marks as to how good they can be, and all of them have had injury issues as well. There isn't a a single sure thing player you can count on for next year but lots of hope, and quite a bit of potential if many things turn out the way we hope. At least with Ice by the end of this season, we should have a clearer idea.

Reaction Score
I assume the first two will go pro. I have no idea what to expect, or even to hope for from the third.
There isn't a a single sure thing player you can count on for next year but lots of hope, and quite a bit of potential if many things turn out the way we hope.
Our estimation of what Jana Ayanna and Ice can accomplish will go way up if Sarah Strong decides to come to Storrs. Keeping my fingers crossed that she realizes what an incredible opportunity this is for her, since she'll be in the rotation practically from day 1... on an NC contender. That doesn't happen everyday.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Three of our injuries, Fudd, Ducharme, and Patterson are basically carry overs from last season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Morgan is a total package. Should be inside top 5 of her class, if not higher.
What makes you think she's that good? Not disagreeing - I've seen videos and what not - certainly to me a top 10 kid, but not knowing what other talent is in that class, top 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom