all uk on espn | The Boneyard

all uk on espn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its a half hour commercial for every kid in the country basically. its Stop. unloess every team gets the same opp or the ncaa gives every team the freedom to do this then its very unfair to most. i want uconn to do one now on espn or elsewhere. its just jcal pooping butt juice about how hes a simple man who somehow recruits the out of young kids with candy bars and cool posters on the gym wall. its unreal to think how much slime he must wash off every day after work. his wife must be a dam sloth after sex at night.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
This makes me wanna puke and I hate that Calapari was in our state today

Reaction Score
What a surprise. Just imagine what it would be like if ESPN was located 45 minutes from Lexington

Reaction Score
Saw the ad for that show and wanted to puke.

I used to love ESPN. Not so much anymore. I haven't watched ESPN since the NBA draft. But I'm curious to see what everyone is talking about. Like a train wreck, you know? On second thought, it would probably raise my blood pressure or make me puke or both.

Reaction Score
You win the ring, you get the bling(from TV programmers)...

remember after our 03-04 champ we lived on ESPN for like 8 months...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
its a half hour commercial for every kid in the country basically. its Fecunditying bull****. unloess every team gets the same opp or the ncaa gives every team the freedom to do this then its very unfair to most. i want uconn to do one now on espn or elsewhere. its just jcal pooping butt juice about how hes a simple man who somehow recruits the **** out of young kids with candy bars and cool posters on the gym wall. its unreal to think how much slime he must wash off every day after work. his wife must be a dam sloth after sex at night.

I haven't seen what your talking about but I can only imagine the bs. Still I am not too worried. We as, Uconn, have something that that very few other basketball programs throughout all of D1 have. We have an honest, clean, sincere, hardworking coach in KO. That appeals to a lot of middle class families, it appeals to a lot of recruits' parents and recruits themselves, coach Calhoun was nothing short of amazing but at the same time he ticked off a lot college basketball fans outside of New England/New York, when national audiences hear KO speak in interviews during nationally broadcasted games a lot of people will get a glimpse into how special our coach is and I have a feeling after a few years of KO (hopefully) at the helm, Uconn's fan base is going to grow tremendously and that is something Espn and the like wont be able to ignore.

Reaction Score

That is true. Also look at all the publicity that the 2010-2011 team got for winning it

Reaction Score
\ coach Calhoun was nothing short of amazing but at the same time he ticked off a lot college basketball fans outside of New England/New York,\

I think JC was an acquired taste outside the area as far as fans go. He certainly ticked off the media, though.

Reaction Score

Last I checked, ESPN didn't have a camera crew following Calhoun to diners, where he glumly tells fans that this year's crop of top 10 recruits aren't nearly as good as last year.

, I just gagged.

Reaction Score
I want to personally thank you for keeping the video on your signature line.

That video has the potential staying power of the Farrah Fawcett posters of the 70's.

Except I can't put this on the wall of my bedroom without tape!!..............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
To be fair, Calhoun was cantankerous while Calipari is a slick sweet-talker with NBA head coaching experience. Media loves him, where they had to tolerate Calhoun. Calipari knows how to run the system, from the recruits, to his employers, to the media. Unless he decides to try the NBA again (I seriously doubt it) Kentucky might have a run with him like they did in the 1940s-1950s with Adolph Rupp.

Reaction Score
Last I checked, ESPN didn't have a camera crew following Calhoun to diners, where he glumly tells fans that this year's crop of top 10 recruits aren't nearly as good as last year.

Fecundity, I just gagged.

This is a lot of bellyaching, to the victors go the spoils

Reaction Score
Unless he decides to try the NBA again (I seriously doubt it) Kentucky might have a run with him like they did in the 1940s-1950s with Adolph Rupp.

Maybe. Until some reporter starts digging in Lexington and finds all the illegal stuff. Unfortunately it won't be Dan Wetzel but there must be some young reporter who wants to spend the time to uncover all the dirt and make a name for himself.

Reaction Score
Maybe. Until some reporter starts digging in Lexington and finds all the illegal stuff. Unfortunately it won't be Dan Wetzel but there must be some young reporter who wants to spend the time to uncover all the dirt and make a name for himself.

At this point, I don't think Cal has to do anything illegal.

At UMass, sure. At Memphis, sure. But at UK, with the media fawning over him, and WWW, a 'non-agent' influencing kids to go to UK, there's no NCAA regulation that Cal needs to break to convince kids to go to UK.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The onion tweeted something pretty funny yesterday. It said: Nation Just Going To Assume All Basketball Recruits Are Committing To Kentucky Unless They Say Otherwise.

Reaction Score
I actually liked the ESPN special about UK. I like coach Calipari and the behind the scenes look. I am curious about what he has done to make everyone hate him ?
He is a great coach in my opinion that is very respected and has a great track record of getting players to the pros.
He even said last night something like: 'you think I want these kids to leave after one year? Imagine my team if I had these kids for 2 or 3 years. But those are the rules so I have to do my best with the rules we are given.' Thats not a direct quote but the general message is the same. More coaches could do what he is doing and it is completely legal by the current rules in college basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom