All UConn teams? | The Boneyard

All UConn teams?

Reaction Score
First team: I say D, Sue, Maya, Tina, and Stewie, although one could argue for Mo.

What do the BYer's say about the Second team? Here I am not so sure. Rebecca and Mo for sure. Swin? Sveta? Shea? Tuck? KML? (She was such a great college player.)

Dare I ask about a Third team?

Rules -- you have to pick a reasonable selection of positions for any team, e.g., no 5-guard teams, etc. It's my post, so I get to make the rules. :) Anyway, I think the rules are reasonable.

I assume this has been discussed before, but I am curious what people think.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Obviously, we’d have to put some NPOYs on the 2nd team. Or 3rd team. I, for one, realize that this is not normal and am very appreciative of our players and what the coaches manage to accomplish.

Reaction Score
First team: I say D, Sue, Maya, Tina, and Stewie, although one could argue for Mo.

What do the BYer's say about the Second team? Here I am not so sure. Rebecca and Mo for sure. Swin? Sveta? Shea? Tuck? KML? (She was such a great college player.)

Dare I ask about a Third team?

Rules -- you have to pick a reasonable selection of positions for any team, e.g., no 5-guard teams, etc. It's my post, so I get to make the rules. :) Anyway, I think the rules are reasonable.

I assume this has been discussed before, but I am curious what people think.
agree completely with your first team. could well beat any other all-time women's team ever assembled from all over the world and throughout the whole modern era.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Took a little different approach and lined up all the players on the Huskies Wall of Honor by position, did a little fudging, Sales and KLS are probably not SGs and Gabby is not a center but this is what I came up with. Some darn good UCONN players are not on the wall of honor but that has been covered in a separate thread-Best UCONN players not on the Wall or something like that.

WOH.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree with your list but Tina Charles needs to be up there

Reaction Score
Took a little different approach and lined up all the players on the Huskies Wall of Honor by position, did a little fudging, Sales and KLS are probably not SGs and Gabby is not a center but this is what I came up with. Some darn good UCONN players are not on the wall of honor but that has been covered in a separate thread-Best UCONN players not on the Wall or something like that.

View attachment 26189
Maya Moore?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

View attachment 26189
I really like what you did here. Glad you had Bascom on 2nd team because she gets overlooked way too often.

My only disagreement is that I wouldn't put KLS ahead of Shea *yet*.

I am very much on the fence between Rizzotti and Montgomery for that 3rd team PG spot. Both were so great in their own ways.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou will be playing to get on the 1st team. As Geno said, she's better.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lou will be playing to get on the 1st team. As Geno said, she's better.
They are all playing to get on the first team but I don't see it happening for KLS she would have to surpass DT or Maya to get there and that's not happening.
Even surpassing Bascomb or Sales on 2nd team would still be a very tall task. KLS might get there with points but she is going to come up about 300 steals short of Sales and about 400 rebounds short of Bascomb.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

View attachment 26191
Great stuff - I would be tempted to switch Dolson and Wolters and would definitely switch KLS and Ralph at this point though would revisit it in a year or two.

And when you start looking at this ...
1995 with Lobo, Wolters, Sales, and Rizzotti (with the fifth player being Eliott)
2000 with Sveta, Shea, Bird, Cash (and Asjha)
2001 with Sveta, Shea, Bird, Cash, Taurasi (and Asjha) (damn injuries!)
2012-2014 with Dolson, Hartley, Jefferson, Tuck, Stewart, KML (and Stokes and Faris (2012))
2015 with Jefferson, Tuck, Stewart, KML, Gabby (and Kia and Kiah)
2016 with Jefferson, Tuck Stewart, Gabby, Lou, Napheesa (and Kia)

Those are some powerhouse teams (and that leaves out the Tina/Maya/Renee era when there were only three current/future AAs on the team.) Oh my, are we blessed!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great stuff - I would be tempted to switch Dolson and Wolters and would definitely switch KLS and Ralph at this point though would revisit it in a year or two.
Those are some powerhouse teams (and that leaves out the Tina/Maya/Renee era when there were only three current/future AAs on the team.) Oh my, are we blessed!
We were indeed and continue to be blessed. I could see Wolters ahead of Dolson since Wolters was National POY. One of the things that will hurt Shea case is that she missed a bunch of games, I think 2nd Fewwest games played of any player on the WOH. I think KLS is ahead now and will stay there baring injury.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

And when you start looking at this ...
1995 with Lobo, Wolters, Sales, and Rizzotti (with the fifth player being Eliott)
2000 with Sveta, Shea, Bird, Cash (and Asjha)
2001 with Sveta, Shea, Bird, Cash, Taurasi (and Asjha) (damn injuries!)
2012-2014 with Dolson, Hartley, Jefferson, Tuck, Stewart, KML (and Stokes and Faris (2012))
2015 with Jefferson, Tuck, Stewart, KML, Gabby (and Kia and Kiah)
2016 with Jefferson, Tuck Stewart, Gabby, Lou, Napheesa (and Kia)

The Maya/Tina teams in 2009 and 2010 were among the few that had the best 2 players in the country at that time on them. I think 2002 and 2016 might fit that category too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They are all playing to get on the first team but I don't see it happening for KLS she would have to surpass DT or Maya to get there and that's not happening.
Even surpassing Bascomb or Sales on 2nd team would still be a very tall task. KLS might get there with points but she is going to come up about 300 steals short of Sales and about 400 rebounds short of Bascomb.
If Lou passes Kaleena in 3-pointers and Tina and Stewie in career scoring, she should get some recognition. Then, if she wins DPOY .... ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Lou passes Kaleena in 3-pointers and Tina and Stewie in career scoring, she should get some recognition. Then, if she wins DPOY .... ;)
I don't think even Jesus Suttlesworth could pass DT or Maya. That's tall cotton, even Stewie has a hard time being included in a GOAT discussion between those 2.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think even Jesus Suttlesworth could pass DT or Maya. That's tall cotton, even Stewie has a hard time being included in a GOAT discussion between those 2.
I believe that Jesus has a giant mural in the lobby of the Werth Center.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Here's what I have come up with over the years.

1st Team
Jefferson
Taurasi
Moore
Stewart
Charles

2nd Team
Bird
Sales
Abrosimova
Lobo
Dolson

3rd Team
Rizzotti
Ralph
KML
Cash
Wolters

Tough choice between Dolson/Wolters and Rizzotti/Montgomery and Jefferson/Bird (but based on college/UCONN).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here's what I have come up with over the years.

1st Team
Jefferson
Taurasi
Moore
Stewart
Charles

2nd Team
Bird
Sales
Abrosimova
Lobo
Dolson

3rd Team
Rizzotti
Ralph
KML
Cash
Wolters

Tough choice between Dolson/Wolters and Rizzotti/Montgomery and Jefferson/Bird (but based on college/UCONN).
Surprised by your lack of love for Bascomb.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Really? #2 Career scorer, #4 Rebounder, #1 Shot blocker, 3 time AA, 3 time NPOY, 4 time FF MVP, 4 NCs. Really? She has a hard time being in the GOAT discussion???? :confused:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Really? #2 Career scorer, #4 Rebounder, #1 Shot blocker, 3 time AA, 3 time NPOY, 4 time FF MVP, 4 NCs. Really? She has a hard time being in the GOAT discussion???? :confused:
:D
I didn't say these discussion are with knowledgeable people like you and I, who would obviously include her.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Surprised by your lack of love for Bascomb.
Yea, I know. But different era, way better players as time went on. Only 1 time AA. I think a lot of her numbers where inflated due to not having anyone else on her teams. Granted she carried the load which would help. Just MO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom