All UConn fans: who you for? | The Boneyard

All UConn fans: who you for?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I know we are all rooting for UConn to go to Monday.
Who do you want them to face?

Notre Dame: long time adversary...at times with some extra spice tossed in.
Playing well...blasting a 4 seed is impressive...we've already beaten them this year
and FWIW Geno has said [in general] that he'd rather not play someone twice.

NC State: great season....playing very well....clearly the better team over ND and a more talented opponent for us on Monday.
Long time ago they beat us in final 8 or sweet 16 in the 1997-1998 season with our great TASS class coming in the next year.

Who will you be rooting for come 11:30 Saturday?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I am torn. I really like Wes Moore and appreciate the job he’s done building the program at NC State. On the other hand, there’s no team I would rather see UConn beat to advance to their 14th straight FF than ND.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
I am torn. I really like Wes Moore and appreciate the job he’s done building the program at NC State. On the other hand, there’s no team I would rather see UConn beat to advance to their 14th straight FF than ND.
Agreed. As much as I enjoy watching ND get beat, it's that much more enjoyable beating them. Yes, torn is right.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
An idle...if rather unpleasant... thought: while there is no guarantee that we get to Monday [and I sure hope
the good guys take Indiana from the jump very seriously] while it might be more enjoyable to beat ND to get to the final 4, would it not also be more painful to lose to them...seeing our final four streak end to that particular team...and see them
joyfully upping and downing forever postgame?

Go Huskies Saturday and Monday!

Also tonight...will be rooting for most of the underdogs:
North Carolina over South Carolina
ISU over Creighton ...have always kinda liked the Cyclones
Maryland over Stanford
Ohio State over Texas.

Would not be one bit surprised if all 4 favs won.

As I understand it we would be facing the Spokane regional winner in the semis if we get that far....that would
be the Maryland/Stanford/Texas/Ohio State team that emerges from there.

Reaction Score
I'm just a fan of women's college basketball so it makes no difference to me. It's not even that important to me if Uconn wins. That video of tears rolling down Boston's face after last year says it all. They play with such passion and emotion. They are more team oriented than the men. I literally stopped watching sports for around 10 years but have picked it up again in my old age. It's easy to root for thee young women as they strive and give their best. Every team is very compelling and the top teams have achieved such excellence.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I dont think anybody we face will be ready for UConns defense the way theyre playing now. With our depth foul trouble should not be a fear for UConn but is a fear for anybody we face. Add to that are great guards and UConn should win it all. IMO UConn can beat themselves but I dont think anybody can beat UConn. The biggest difference is knowing that you can do it and that comes from confidence and when you have the depth and talent that UConn has you just know you can do it. When the pregame hype in the locker room wears off then the doubt settles in. UConn will win this game by alot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching the men's games last night there were incredible closed and upset games. Gonzaga and Arizona, #1 seeds are gone. Coach K and Duke is still dancing. I am waiting to see what happens in the women's side. ND looks very impressive in their win. Louisville and NCSU won but we will see. UConn won but Iowa will be a good test. We will see tomorrow. Forget the hype, watch the games.

Reaction Score
Watching the men's games last night there were incredible closed and upset games. Gonzaga and Arizona, #1 seeds are gone. Coach K and Duke is still dancing. I am waiting to see what happens in the women's side. ND looks very impressive in their win. Louisville and NCSU won but we will see. UConn won but Indiana will be a good test. We will see tomorrow. Forget the hype, watch the games.
Correction UConn vs Indiana.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I won't root for either team, but I would get more satisfaction from beating the golden domers.

Reaction Score
My preferences are based on the easier path and have little to do with teams I like or dislike. I will be happy if the number 1 seeds get bumped off. I will be rooting for Notre Dame based on that, but it also scares me a little to play a team you have already beaten.

In general I think we would be favored if we faced another 2 seed or lower in the Final Four, might be favored since we are healthier against Louisville, but would be underdogs against SC and Stanford.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, and because it’s been such a nutball season, I think we think we mess with the mojo when we ruminate about the EE game before we get past Indiana. Am sure I’d feel differently were I TonyC’s next-door neighbor !

Reaction Score
I'm just a fan of women's college basketball so it makes no difference to me. It's not even that important to me if Uconn wins. That video of tears rolling down Boston's face after last year says it all. They play with such passion and emotion. They are more team oriented than the men. I literally stopped watching sports for around 10 years but have picked it up again in my old age. It's easy to root for thee young women as they strive and give their best. Every team is very compelling and the top teams have achieved such excellence.
Hilarious. This from a guy who in most of your other posts refers to the UConn team as "we". If SC actually wins you'll be able to refer to them as "we" and jump on their bandwagon. Or maybe Stanford. Beautiful.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If ND played Tenn I would be seriously conflicted, maybe to the point of premature death . To answer this post, I can never root for ND, not ever.
I agree with you 100%!!! Under no circumstance can I root for Tenn or ND. :mad: I would get the same level of satisfaction beating either one. That said, I also feel very uncomfortable looking ahead.

Today and all this week, my thoughts are focused solely on Indiana. My mindset is play whoever comes next. Looking ahead is a distraction. If it’s your year, it won’t make any difference who you play.

The road to the championship will go through 2 number one seeds. So it really doesn’t make any difference. If you have the heart and soul of a champion, your attitude is anyone, anywhere, anytime. If you are able to do so, no one will begrudge you, or suggest you didn’t deserve to win the championship.

To be perceived as “THE BEST”, you’ve got to play and defeat the best. So beat Indiana then prepare for whoever comes next. I know some folks like to look ahead. To me, that’s bad mojo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I enjoy all of women's basketball... I want my team to win. Go Huskies!
That emotional bias now expressed. First beat Indiana... a good team.
Next I will enjoy watching the earlier game : NC State vs N.D. I think
N.C. State is the better team... they should win... but N.D. is on a good run, and
could pull the upset........ I would enjoy beating N.D, again, but would rather
not play them again.... they are "Hot" and playing loose and above themselves.
and I would not like to lose to them, like with Arike. That being said , if we
play them.... we should win. But it will be easier if " everyone eats ". Go Huskies.
UCONN 79 Hoosiers 60.

sun

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for ND.
As the saying goes, "An enemy of my enemy is my friend," and the #1 seed in the region is our biggest enemy.
UConn would still need to win upsets down the road, but needing more upsets & sooner will only reduce our odds.
I'd prefer to put the need to win upsets off until we reach the FF.
If ND beats NCState for the 2nd time this year, then it would be equally harmonious for UConn to beat ND twice too in the Elite 8 round.
I think that UConn's defense can match up better against ND than NCState.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom