OT- All time favorite Movies | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT- All time favorite Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Glory, Patton, Lawrence of Arabia and Finding Nemo.

Go figure... three historical war movies ... and a cartoon about a fish.

I love this line from Patton's opening speech...

You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.

Reaction Score
Last of the Mohicans...compelling story, awesome natural scenery, and Magwa get his at the end

Reaction Score
This one is nuts and real difficult.......

Comedies: Midnight Run, Caddyshack, My Cousin Vinny, Stripes

Others: Few Good Men, Silence of the Lambs, Jagged Edge, Mean Season, Crimson Tide

Older Teen Movies: Breakfast Club, Fast Times at Ridgemont, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science

Reaction Score
My Favorites...roughly in order and probably missed a few

1) The Apartment
2) Shane
3) Last of the Dogmen
4) October Sky
5) M*A*S*H
6) The Sound of Music
7) Saving Private Ryan
8) Schindlers List
9) Dr Zhivago
10) Field of Dreams
11) The Quiet Man
12) Used Cars
13) Caddyshack
14) Casablanca
15) My Favorite Wife
16) Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House
17) Bringing up Baby
18) Body Heat
19) It's a Wonderful Life
20) Charade

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not my favorite movie, but loved it as a kid. The sword and the sorcerer.

Lee Horsley, Richard Moll, that evil guy who played another evil guy on Buck Rogers...and of course, a triple bladed, air powered projectile sword. AWESOME. I think there were boobies in it too.

Reaction Score
I waited a long time before adding to this list:
"Badges, we don't need no stinking badges." Treasure of the Sierra Madre"
"So they call me Concentration Camp Erhard." The original version with Jack Benny and Carole Lombard, not the Mel Brooks remake of "To be or not to be."
Favorite Mel Brooks film: the original Producers with Zero Mostel :"winter for Poland and France."
Kurosawa's "The Seven Samauri."
Ernst Lubitch's "Ninotchka"
I'm surprised no one mentioned a Billy Wilder film; I'm going to suggest two and not the obvious one: "Double Indemnity" and
"One, Two, Three." The obvious one is "Some Like it Hot."
I recently re-watched "The Fugitive"; it holds up really well.
Any list should include one Ealing comedy; my Choice is "Kind Hearts and Coronets." "Kind hearts are more than coronets and simple faith than Norman blood."
"Raiders of the Lost Arc" is great entertainment.
Two of my super favorites "Casablanca" and "Groundhog Day" are favorites of many "Yarders."
John Ford is one of my great favorites: "The Grapes of Wrath" and "How Green was my Valley" are classic examples of his work.
His best western is probably "The Searchers."
Two classic anti hero films "Carlito's Way" and " American Gangster." They both are underrated. For pure mindless action "Speed" still delivers.
I could go on virtually forever.

Reaction Score
I waited a long time before adding to this list:
"Badges, we don't need no stinking badges." Treasure of the Sierra Madre"
"So they call me Concentration Camp Erhard." The original version with Jack Benny and Carole Lombard, not the Mel Brooks remake of "To be or not to be."
Favorite Mel Brooks film: the original Producers with Zero Mostel :"winter for Poland and France."
Kurosawa's "The Seven Samauri."
Ernst Lubitch's "Ninotchka"
I'm surprised no one mentioned a Billy Wilder film; I'm going to suggest two and not the obvious one: "Double Indemnity" and
"One, Two, Three." The obvious one is "Some Like it Hot."
I recently re-watched "The Fugitive"; it holds up really well.
Any list should include one Ealing comedy; my Choice is "Kind Hearts and Coronets." "Kind hearts are more than coronets and simple faith than Norman blood."
"Raiders of the Lost Arc" is great entertainment.
Two of my super favorites "Casablanca" and "Groundhog Day" are favorites of many "Yarders."
John Ford is one of my great favorites: "The Grapes of Wrath" and "How Green was my Valley" are classic examples of his work.
His best western is probably "The Searchers."
Two classic anti hero films "Carlito's Way" and " American Gangster." They both are underrated. For pure mindless action "Speed" still delivers.
I could go on virtually forever.
Loved "How Green Was My Valley" and "Raiders of The Lost Ark", they go under the ones I missed. Also loved "One , Two, Three", the cold war satire might go over the heads of some nowadays but the first time I saw it I laughed almost non-stop. BTW, I did mention a Wilder film, maybe his best one. It's my favorite film (well maybe) and Wilders personal favorite as well.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This one is nuts and real difficult.......

Comedies: Midnight Run, Caddyshack, My Cousin Vinny, Stripes

Others: Few Good Men, Silence of the Lambs, Jagged Edge, Mean Season, Crimson Tide

Older Teen Movies: Breakfast Club, Fast Times at Ridgemont, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science

Can't believe I forgot My Cousin Vinny...that movie is hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom