All-Time Big East Team (according to someone on the internet) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All-Time Big East Team (according to someone on the internet)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Ewing, Mullin and Coleman are all locks in my mind. And there are ton of guys not on the list who could be on par in the bench conversation. Certainly Okafor and Mourning, Berry, Rip, Butler, Pinkney, Charles Smith, Mark Jackson, Sleepy Floyd etc.

Another list Ranking the 20 Greatest Players in Big East Basketball History
this list includes Chris Smith and Charles Smith, 2 guys from the same place. must be some kind of hoops mecca if ya ask me. cookies!

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Lawrence Moten for Melo?
I loved Moten. Consistent, look up 22 pts and you didn't know it. His jerky game was hard to guard. So props for showing my guy love.

But, Melo was a beast. The go to guy as a fresh. For good reason. He could not be stopped in general. In general. NBA Hall of Famer. No contest.

Reaction Score
Rip is absolutely better than Kittles and I really liked Kittles.
In my opinion Kittles was kind of overrated. A very good player, but not in the same class as Rip, Moten, or even Reggie Williams from Georgetown. I don’t remember him ever making a clutch bucket to win a game, or taking over and willing Nova to a big win. Very good, but not exactly great.

Reaction Score
You can’t put anyone over Iverson. He was completely unguardable. His talent level was comparable with only a handful of players in history.

I'd have a real hard time keeping him off the list. Over the years I have gained more and more appreciation for the guy. He played hard, harder beyond what his body should have been able to handle. Hard not to respect that.

Reaction Score
I wonder how this team would compare to the other leagues over the same time frame? An ACC team would have a front line of Sampson, Duncan, and Laettner, with Jordan at the 2, with players like Worthy, and Brand on the bench. A team made up from schools not in the BE, or a major football conference would likely beat any conference's all star team. Hakeem, Drexler, Stockton, Malone, Aguirre, Tripuka, Ainge, Nash, Camby, West, Jameer, Larry Johnson, David Robinson, some of them might not even make a 12 man team.

Reaction Score
I'd have a real hard time keeping him off the list. Over the years I have gained more and more appreciation for the guy. He played hard, harder beyond what his body should have been able to handle. Hard not to respect that.
I didn't love his game but I loved how tough he was. Nobody played harder and nobody took more of a physical beating, the guy is all heart.

Reaction Score
Not saying this just because I am a Uconn fan, but I would but Uconns top 12 up against the top 12 from the rest of the big east and I would be pretty confident Uconn would stick with them and likely even win on Ray 3 or Kemba step back or Emeka jam.

A team of Ray, RIP, Butler, Emeka, Kemba, Drummond, Oakfor, Gordan, Moore, Gay, George and Marshal would be so .. "sick", ha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom