All-Time Big East Team (according to someone on the internet) | The Boneyard

All-Time Big East Team (according to someone on the internet)

Reaction Score
Melo I kinda understand but for longevity there are a ton of better options so a 1 and done seems out of place. Delgado?????? Enough said...

No problem with anyone else on the list

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Out of his starting five, I'd say Ewing and Mullin were the safest picks.

Any of the other three- PG, SG and PF you could make a case for each player chosen or 2-3 others who weren't.

And it's entirely a nostalgia list.

Ewing, Mullin and Coleman are all locks in my mind. And there are ton of guys not on the list who could be on par in the bench conversation. Certainly Okafor and Mourning, Berry, Rip, Butler, Pinkney, Charles Smith, Mark Jackson, Sleepy Floyd etc.

Another list Ranking the 20 Greatest Players in Big East Basketball History

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Whenever you stop and take a look at it, the talent that went through the Big East is really stunning. Man I miss those days of every game being a rock fight and really the old Big East Tournament was a great sports weekend.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Melo I kinda understand but for longevity there are a ton of better options so a 1 and done seems out of place. Delgado?????? Enough said...

No problem with anyone else on the list

Lawrence Moten for Melo?

Reaction Score
My only problems with the list was Delgado over mourning, okafor, etc, Carnesecca over Thompson, and pearl Washington over AI or Brunson. Brunson wasn’t flashy but won the wooden award and 2 nattys. Hard to keep him off

Reaction Score
My only problems with the list was Delgado over mourning, okafor, etc, Carnesecca over Thompson, and pearl Washington over AI or Brunson. Brunson wasn’t flashy but won the wooden award and 2 nattys. Hard to keep him off
You must be joking. We had a point guard in 2011 who had the best run in tournament history (apologies to Danny Manning). No way do I put any point guard in Big East history ahead of Kemba.

Reaction Score
You must be joking. We had a point guard in 2011 who had the best run in tournament history (apologies to Danny Manning). No way do I put any point guard in Big East history ahead of Kemba.

Kemba is already on the team tho. I worded that poorly. I didnt necessarily mean Brunson should start, just that he should be on the team somewhere. Any of the three of them you could reasonably argue over pearl to start

Reaction Score
You can’t put anyone over Iverson. He was completely unguardable. His talent level was comparable with only a handful of players in history.

Reaction Score
You can’t put anyone over Iverson. He was completely unguardable. His talent level was comparable with only a handful of players in history.
There is more than physical talent that makes a great player. What is in ones head and heart. I’ll take Kemba’s heart over Iverson’s talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom