All Multi-Time Transfers Granted Immediate Eligibility (Until 12/27) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All Multi-Time Transfers Granted Immediate Eligibility (Until 12/27)

caw

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I could see some of those pc dudes who transferred in for Cooley bouncing. They were screwed when he left because it didn’t look like they’d get 2nd time waivers.

Carter would fit in really well on KU, a Timberlake replacement.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
What about the waivers that have already been recently denied?

Reaction Score
Gross

But it seems to me there probably aren't that many open spots 25% through the season. Hopefully anyways.

The geniuses at the top really do want to kill college sports instead of doing ANY work at all to figure out reasonable solutions.

Reaction Score
I’m not expecting an official answer to this question because the rules are being made up as they go along but what if…

A player plays during this two-week span but then following the two-week span they are no longer eligible…did that player “use a year of eligibility?”

Reaction Score
So everyone can transfer mid year and play right away? Are we gonna see good players on bad teams start bailing for better teams with open spots?
No, the transfer portal is still only open for 60 days after the season ends (might have changed to 45 now, I can't remember). So you wouldn't be able to transfer midseason

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No, the transfer portal is still only open for 60 days after the season ends (might have changed to 45 now, I can't remember). So you wouldn't be able to transfer midseason
Thanks for clarifying.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If a kid plays at 4 schools before quitting school

Does he negatively impact all their APRs?

Is APR still a thing?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
How quickly did Cooley start jumping for joy?

Trick question, he didn’t have time as he was already cold calling other teams’ players.

He does like our bench players

Reaction Score
The money train may be accelerating at even a faster pace than initially imagined. Without a P4 media contract for all sports or a fan base willing to pony up significantly more, tough choices could lie ahead. Don't think this exemption isn't a gift to those that can afford to turn over their roster every year.

Reaction Score
One thing that could put an end to a lot of the transferring is letting the schools pay the players directly. They'd have real contracts. Those contracts would typically be enforceable. Give a kid a two year contract that adds a year at the end of the year. If he transfers, he'd have to sit (or buy out his contract). Some schools will try to put in non-competes within conferences or geography. Those would be enforceable in many states. Put this under "be careful what you wish for" for the players.

Reaction Score
I'd give back our #5 to end the transfer portal forever. I'll never like it. Even if it has benefited us greatly. I feel cheap and complicit.
Andy Campbell Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

Reaction Score
The dumbest thing about this ruling is it cites NIL as the issue. In other words, sitting violates a player’s ability to earn on NIL.

So what’s next? No player can ever be suspended because it harms NIL?

Going to class? No need! Violates NIL!

Are schools going to be sued by players who are not getting playing time because it harms NIL?

Sounds crazy until you see an actual quote from a representative of the players said “He can become a household name over one great game!”

As previously stated - call it what it is - semipro sports. Soon the players will be employees. When they get “fired” for poor performance watch the outrage even though that’s what the anti-NCAA rhetoric is essentially advocating for with a free market concept.

Reaction Score
The dumbest thing about this ruling is it cites NIL as the issue. In other words, sitting violates a player’s ability to earn on NIL.

So what’s next? No player can ever be suspended because it harms NIL?

Going to class? No need! Violates NIL!

Are schools going to be sued by players who are not getting playing time because it harms NIL?

Sounds crazy until you see an actual quote from a representative of the players said “He can become a household name over one great game!”

As previously stated - call it what it is - semipro sports. Soon the players will be employees. When they get “fired” for poor performance watch the outrage even though that’s what the anti-NCAA rhetoric is essentially advocating for with a free market concept.
This wasn't a ruling, just a temporary "don't punish UNTIL we rule. "

Reaction Score
This wasn't a ruling, just a temporary "don't punish UNTIL we rule. "
You’re right. But I saw some reports that the outcome looks to be heavily in favor of the players here. I forget who it was but a reputable college sports reporter said they’d be shocked if it’s not ruled in the favor of the players based on yesterday.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Love this for your lower-level D1 and D2/D3 folks. Even the high-major non-revenue sports folks. And basically all women.

Hate this for football and men's basketball. We're not even pretending it's about school any more. There needs to be a consequence for playing for the highest bidder... even the NBA doesn't work that way.
The easiest solution isn’t restricting transfers. It’s actually enforcing their anti-tampering rules. Samson Johnson’s phone shouldn’t have been blowing up with transfer offers while he was actively part of UConn’s post season.

Reaction Score
The easiest solution isn’t restricting transfers. It’s actually enforcing their anti-tampering rules. Samson Johnson’s phone shouldn’t have been blowing up with transfer offers while he was actively part of UConn’s post season.
I'm waiting to see Will Farrell play for 3 to 4 teams 2nd half of December.

Good fun!

Reaction Score
So you just want them to invent magic?

Reaction Score
Charlie Baker had a reputation as a good leader but he's looking more like a newly commissioned 2nd Lieutenant floundering around trying to maintain credibility while making decisions that look, at least to this point, more stop gap then permanent.

In his defense, his incompetent UConn hating predecessor did nothing so he's having to operate with poorly defined rules while attempting to put permanent solutions in place.

The longer he takes the more it looks like the rules are being designed to accommodate special interests. Like the P5.

Reaction Score
This issue was inevitable now that there's a lot of guys who can make more money staying in college than going pro somewhere. Kids will want to ride that wave as long as possible, and why wouldn't they. I think restricting how programs can use transfers might be a healthier solution than restricting how many times a specific kid can transfer. Teams signing transfers and then recruiting over them in the same portal isn't good for anyone imo.

Reaction Score
Gross But it seems to me there probably aren't that many open spots 25% through the season. Hopefully anyways. The geniuses at the top really do want to kill college sports instead of doing ANY work at all to figure out reasonable solutions.
They don’t need an open roster spot. They r walk ins and get paid NIL which covers tuition and then some. doesn’t St. John’s have like 14 players?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This issue was inevitable now that there's a lot of guys who can make more money staying in college than going pro somewhere. Kids will want to ride that wave as long as possible, and why wouldn't they. I think restricting how programs can use transfers might be a healthier solution than restricting how many times a specific kid can transfer. Teams signing transfers and then recruiting over them in the same portal isn't good for anyone imo.
Now that we're basically talking about college players being paid as professionals, I'm wondering if this will remain a free-for-all, or if they'll have to adopt either an NFL/NHL/NBA cap, or an MLB luxury tax system. I don't think it can remain a free-for-all, but looks like that'll be for courts to decide in future. Could in-season trades be in the future?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom