All-American ... Not | The Boneyard

All-American ... Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perusing the AP All-America list, I saw that Boat did not have even an honorable mention. Why not?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
David Borges @DaveBorges · 21h 21 hours ago
Ryan Boatright doesn't make AP All-America honorable mention. Criteria: Conference player of year or at least two AA votes. He got one.

Well, that at least explains some of those names among the 49 "Honorable Mentions".

But hey, when even Arcidanacano gets an HM while Boat doesn't, it certainly looks like the anti-UConn narrative is in full swing.

Stat Boat / Arci
PPG 17.4 / 10.1
Tot% .423 / .394
3pt% .376 / .372
FT% .850 / .813
RPG 4.1 / 1.7
APG 3.8 / 3.6
BlkPG 0.2 / 0.1
StlPG 1.4 / 1.1
TOPG 2.4 / 1.3

Other that Asst/TO ratio, Boat has Arci beat across the board.

Reaction Score
Arcidiacono was co-conference POTY with Kris Dunn, which is why he made honorable mention. This isn't anti-UConn anything.
Come on, do you not know that EVERYTHING is an anti-UConn thing.

I heard chlorophyll hates UConn which is why it makes grass green and not blue. F chlorophyll.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Arcidiacono was co-conference POTY with Kris Dunn, which is why he made honorable mention. This isn't anti-UConn anything.

Well, thanks for the clarification. Seems the NBE has a pretty low bar for POTY these days. I can't envision a universe where Dunn and Arci are considered remotely equivalent talents.

Reaction Score
Well, thanks for the clarification. Seems the NBE has a pretty low bar for POTY these days. I can't envision a universe where Dunn and Arci are considered remotely equivalent talents.
Yeah, that was a little ridiculous having him as a co-player of the year. Imagine it was just to save face and have their best team win a share of best player in conference.

Reaction Score
When was it ever about talent? Ben Hansborough is not more "talented" than Kemba. He put up more wins during the season and better numbers. It is simple.

I am not justifying the Ben Hansborough selection, just saying.

Reaction Score
This is a major criteria (that and/or a championship) for Husky of Honor per UconnTrademark. I know how some feel but I don't with RB is a Husky of Honor.

Reaction Score
I find it laughable that a player like Kevin Pangos (11PPG) is a third team All-American and Boatright isn't even an honorable mention. Just goes to show you that people hate UConn.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jesus my God. Ryan Boatright was the best player on a bad team. He was not deserving of it. Bottom line.

For example - Tyler Haws, LaDontae Henton, RJ Hunter, and even Olivier Hanlan had better seasons. They have a stronger case than Boatright.

Reaction Score
I find it laughable that a player like Kevin Pangos (11PPG) is a third team All-American and Boatright isn't even an honorable mention. Just goes to show you that people hate UConn.
Yep. Had nothing to do with the fact that Kevin Pangos was the starting PG on a top 10 team throughout the year and ended up in the Elite Eight as a 2 seed. Or that Ryan Boatright's team ended up losing in the first round of the NIT. Just pure UConn hate that kept Boatright from getting any All-American accolades.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Perusing the AP All-America list, I saw that Boat did not have even an honorable mention. Why not?
Not being eligible may have something to do with it. Pangos was.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Come on, do you not know that EVERYTHING is an anti-UConn thing.

I heard chlorophyll hates UConn which is why it makes grass green and not blue. F chlorophyll.

It's good to hear that chlorophyll hates UK and Duke, too!

Reaction Score
Not to mention his team was what, 33-2, and earned a #1 seed in the tournament

You're not going to get honorable mentions when your team finished 5th in a mid-major conference and you lose in the first round as a 4 seed in -cking NIT. That's just how it is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yep. Had nothing to do with the fact that Kevin Pangos was the starting PG on a top 10 team throughout the year and ended up in the Elite Eight as a 2 seed. Or that Ryan Boatright's team ended up losing in the first round of the NIT. Just pure UConn hate that kept Boatright from getting any All-American accolades.

So what you're saying Andrew Harrison would be more deserving than Boatright. Just because your team is good doesn't mean you deserve individual awards. My point is if a player scores 30PPG and his team is 5-25, he should be an All-American.

Reaction Score
Well I will say that Boat wouldn't have been on the bench of any team named having an HM or AA.

Are we the only ones in the Country that know we would probably have won less than 10 games without Boat?

Anyway I wouldn't take any other guard over him.

Reaction Score
So what you're saying Andrew Harrison would be more deserving than Boatright. Just because your team is good doesn't mean you deserve individual awards. My point is if a player scores 30PPG and his team is 5-25, he should be an All-American.
So, your First Team All America list would look like this:

Tyler Harvey, Eastern Washington
Zikiteran Woodley, Northwestern State
Denzel Livingston, Incarnate World
Tyler Haws, BYU
Damion Lee, Drexel

After all, those 5 were the top 5 scorers in the NCAA this season.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Reggie Williams from 2008 VMI averaged 28 a game. VMI went 14-15 that year. How come he wasn't even an honorable mention All-American?

Reaction Score
My point is if a player scores 30PPG and his team is 5-25, he should be an All-American.
Seriously man, think before you post. There's a guy on Drexel in the top 5 scorers this season (which, by the way, is also made up of questionable-at-best AA candidates)

Reaction Score
So, your First Team All America list would look like this:

Tyler Harvey, Eastern Washington
Zikiteran Woodley, Northwestern
Denzel Livingston, Incarnate World
Tyler Haws, BYU
Damion Lee, Drexel

After all, those 5 were the top 5 scorers in the NCAA this season.

In my honest opinion, Tyler Harvey and Tyler Haws should both in the top 3 All-American teams. Okafor, Kaminsky, Russell, and Grant all deserved to be first team All-Americans. They're numbers were great. Okafor and Kaminsky both put up around 18PPG and 9RPG. Russell put up 19PPG, 5 and 5 as a freshman. Grant put up 16PPG and 6APG. All of them were very deserving. Pangos most definitely not. One more question: Pangos was more deserving than Terry Rozier whose team was 4 seed and made it just as far as Gonzaga? Or even Tyus Jones? Way more deserving than Pangos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom