Alexis Yetna | The Boneyard

Alexis Yetna

Reaction Score
Averaging 12 points and 11 rebounds so far as a redshirt freshman.

Jeff Jacobs: USF’s Yetna was a big oversight for UConn

“I remember it like yesterday,” Espinosa said. “Glen Miller (former associate head coach) called and was like, ‘We’re going to offer Alexis tomorrow.’ I’m like, ‘Good, good.’ The next day, all of a sudden it was, ‘(Kevin) Ollie wants to wait. There might be someone else.’ They never ended up offering him.”

Reaction Score
Ehhh I mean he is a stud but I’m not going to kill KO over this, he was like the 350th ranked prospect coming out of high school and we got Carlton in the same class. The Cane Broom thing on the other hand is a different story...

Reaction Score
The only remark would be to know your local territory well. Its not as if KO had to board a plane to verify for himself. Maybe a 4 hour investment over a few different games?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I read this and rolled my eyes so hard that I fell over.

Calling out recruiting misses after the fact is the lowest of low hanging fruit

With an offer list and ranking like that, KO would've been absolutely dragged here for bringing a player of such a low "caliber" here.

That being said, he is going to be a significant problem for us on Wednesday.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
With an offer list and ranking like that, KO would've been absolutely dragged here for bringing a player of such a low "caliber" here.

That being said, he is going to be a significant problem for us on Wednesday.

He brought in Instagram drunker and you’re worried about people giving him a hard time about a recruiting miss? This has to be a joke.

Reaction Score
Yeah, sorta like calling out JC for missing on Gomes. Over 30 plus years sure he missed a few.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He brought in Instagram drunker and you’re worried about people giving him a hard time about a recruiting miss? This has to be a joke.

I'm not worried about anything, I'm just 100% certain that dozens of posters would've thrown temper tantrums if Yetna ended up committing here.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about anything, I'm just 100% certain that dozens of posters would've thrown temper tantrums if Yetna ended up committing here.
The board seemed pretty psyched Ollie offered a kid after he watched his dunk youtube videos from Venice Beach.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This isn’t fair to KO. Yetna was extremely raw at the time and ranked outside of the top 300. Furthermore another 6’8ish forward was the last thing we needed(or thought we needed) at the time.

polycom

Reaction Score
This isn’t fair to KO. Yetna was extremely raw at the time and ranked outside of the top 300. Furthermore another 6’8ish forward was the last thing we needed(or thought we needed) at the time.

We have a guy that we offered because of Instagram videos... can people stop saying it isn’t fair to KO. Glenn Miller was stationed at PSA every single day during his tenure. And we offered a guy because of YouTube videos.

Reaction Score
Averaging 12 points and 11 rebounds so far as a redshirt freshman.

Jeff Jacobs: USF’s Yetna was a big oversight for UConn

“I remember it like yesterday,” Espinosa said. “Glen Miller (former associate head coach) called and was like, ‘We’re going to offer Alexis tomorrow.’ I’m like, ‘Good, good.’ The next day, all of a sudden it was, ‘(Kevin) Ollie wants to wait. There might be someone else.’ They never ended up offering him.”
Just read this, and threw up in my mouth. Used to feel bad for KO, but things like this make it crystal clear he had to go.

Reaction Score
Eh, I'll kill KO.....we had room for Kwintin & Whaley who were further off the radar than Yetna & Miller seemed to like him so I'll add it to KO's legacy.

Whaley had offers from decent schools, Xavier being one. Would not say he was more off the radar.

Kwintin at least does not tie up a scholarship for 4 years.

This Yetna guy is the kind of guy we'd rip Ollie for recruiting.

Reaction Score
On this one, Ollie only blew it because of the potential endorsements if the kid had transposed a letter or two in his name. Imagine: Lexus Aetna!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The sole purpose of this article seemed to be for Some Guy to drag Ollie lol. Kind of reminds me of his 'Merry Christmas' post on Twitter that just basically devolved into him blasting SIDs

Reaction Score
Of course we would have but once we saw that this kid rebounds more than all of Ollie's frontcourt recruits combined I'm pretty sure he would have gotten credit for seeing something in him that others didn't.

polycom

Reaction Score
Whaley had offers from decent schools, Xavier being one. Would not say he was more off the radar.

Kwintin at least does not tie up a scholarship for 4 years.

This Yetna guy is the kind of guy we'd rip Ollie for recruiting.

What does this mean? Ollie brought him here with the goal he’d be here for many years...

Reaction Score
You care to much about people having different opinions and stupid takes. You 100% care way to much

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom