Alexa comes back from the Dark Side | The Boneyard

Alexa comes back from the Dark Side

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
All is forgiven for Alexa. As for the other four prognosticators, hopefully they will all dine on a healthy serving of “crow” after tonight’s game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not much analysis in either article and the prognosticators seem to be putting a lot of weight on the game from early in the season. UCONN has certainly had the tougher road to the final. Time to prove everyone wrong again!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I appreciate that all of the subsequent recap articles on ESPN have been thoughtful and somewhat balanced. I am surprised, though, that I have not come across anything in any of the pieces mentioning that they all, across the board, blew their picks on the UCONN vs. Stanford game.
Media types are seldom if ever burdened by second guessing themselves……:oops:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmm. Doesn't Katie Barnes read and watch her own Paige Bueckers / Azzi Fudd pieces? :eek::eek::confused::confused:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
9F8B039F-BF2D-482A-A487-847AAE14D637.jpeg

Bring it on. I love the fact that so many are so confident we have no chance. I feel like Connecticut has always been at its best disproving the doubters.

Still, there’s no doubt about it South Carolina is a formidable team and Connecticut isn’t at full strength. It’s not going to be easy. I guess if so many “experts” are so sure that we are going to lose then the only thing to say is…

scared season 3 GIF

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Voeppel maintains a remarkable consistency. Her writing is uniformly competent and devoid of both spark and insight.
Yes, SC has a stronger roster, a better record and should be favored by oddsmakers. That was true before they played Kentucky for the SEC championship. They lost.

I look forward to a hard fought game tonight.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
View attachment 75227
Bring it on. I love the fact that so many are so confident we have no chance. I feel like Connecticut has always been at its best disproving the doubters.

Still, there’s no doubt about it South Carolina is a formidable team and Connecticut isn’t at full strength. It’s not going to be easy. I guess if so many “experts” are so sure that we are going to lose then the only thing to say is…

scared season 3 GIF
Good. Azzi has some toilet Paper. ;)

Reaction Score
I appreciate that all of the subsequent recap articles on ESPN have been thoughtful and somewhat balanced. I am surprised, though, that I have not come across anything in any of the pieces mentioning that they all, across the board, blew their picks on the UCONN vs. Stanford game.
Yup-All they did, cough Voepel cough was double down that Stanford lost the game. Like, she has given zero credit to UCONN at all, nor has anyone at all, really. The narrative has been framed that Stanford blew it.

Reaction Score
Thank you HuskyNan for this great article. I have been following UCONN women's BB for the last 9 years and the one thing I have seen for this team is their ATTITUDE. Geno's philosophy ,You go into each game with the thought you are going to win. If you don't think that you have put the seed of doubt in your mind and you've already lost. I believe in intangibles, and UCONN's attitude is you have to try and take from me and I won't let you.It will be a historical game no matter the outcome. GOHUSKIES!!! Get what belongs to you!

Reaction Score
When a team overcomes adversity, it makes them tougher.
A lot of our FF teams have been undefeated going into the FF and the first bit of trouble is not something those teams were used to, and lost.
This team, where it gets very little credit for the adversity that they have faced , but overcame it and WON.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom