Alex & Scoe especially | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alex & Scoe especially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No way, as much as AO has been getting slashed on this board are you serious? We win the BE with AO hands down. Olander played 32 minutes with a couple points and a couple of boards. A chair could almost match that.
This begs the question - who can guard Ater Majok better, Olander or a chair?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Had both of these clowns stayed we win this league easy this year.

chemistry, Alex was just not a good part of the chemistry here. Maybe that changes under KO, maybe not

Scoe still shocks me, I just didn't see that coming until the season was over and he announced. He would have helped big time

Reaction Score
No way, as much as AO has been getting slashed on this board are you serious? We win the BE with AO hands down. Olander played 32 minutes with a couple points and a couple of boards. A chair could almost match that.

And how many times did Alex put up those 3 & 4 games? better off with what we have in SOOOO many ways!! Much more fun for sure and easier to watch.....he blows!;)

Reaction Score
Alex only had one year left, no shame in leaving. He just handled it poorly. Scoe on the other hand.. WHY????????

Reaction Score
I don't recall the deciding factor between NCAA decision for AO's immediate eligibility as opposed to denial for Rosco's petition. Someone please fill in my faulty

Reaction Score
I don't recall the deciding factor between NCAA decision for AO's immediate eligibility as opposed to denial for Rosco's petition. Someone please fill in my faulty

Basically if you just had one year of eligibility remaining you would be granted a wavier, the NCAA had specified this during the 11-12 season after the passed down the new APR rules. I don't think Scoe's transfer had anything to do with the postseason ban, he didn't want to play PF, which doesn't make sense to me because if you got the skills to play on the perimeter you will still get featured there offensively, DD and Giffey aren't being asked to post up like Jeff Adrien.

Reaction Score
I don't say it just to dump on Alex, but I agree with some of the other posters, I just don't think his personality fits with the group this year. Roscoe on the other hand. His rebounding would have been pretty nice to have.
No Alex wouldn't fit in. This group has heart and never gives up.

Reaction Score
I will never understand why Michael Bradley left. He couldn't possibly play any worse then what Olander has done.

Reaction Score
Power conference teams that return their entire starting 5 as essentially all upperclassmen are usually very, very good.

But, 1 of those returning is TO who will never be good and 1 is Boat who has not been consistent enough to convince me he can be good for a full season or even for anything more than 2 or 3 games in a row. Add 3 recruits that are either unranked or ranked around #100 and I just don't share your optimism. They will be good (if Bazz returns) and Facey can rebound,but I can't see top 5 or even top 10.

Reaction Score
I share your view on Tyler but you honestly expect Boat to come back next year as the same player he is right now after an entire offseason of workouts? Given the flashes he's shown of being a very good player in certain games I don't think its crazy to expect him to be that kind of player 90-95% of the time next season. Everyone's not the same but given the soph-junior year jumps we've seen from Kemba and Bazz it wouldn't surprise me to see Boat do something similar, the talent is definitiely there.

But, 1 of those returning is TO who will never be good and 1 is Boat who has not been consistent enough to convince me he can be good for a full season or even for anything more than 2 or 3 games in a row. Add 3 recruits that are either unranked or ranked around #100 and I just don't share your optimism. They will be good (if Bazz returns) and Facey can rebound,but I can't see top 5 or even top 10.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
chemistry, Alex was just not a good part of the chemistry here. Maybe that changes under KO, maybe not

Scoe still shocks me, I just didn't see that coming until the season was over and he announced. He would have helped big time
Well keep in mind that this year 'Scoes time would have been 4/5 and he feels his future is as a 3. I'm not so sure he'd have been all that happy here but I'd have love to have had him.

Reaction Score
I share your view on Tyler but you honestly expect Boat to come back next year as the same player he is right now after an entire offseason of workouts? Given the flashes he's shown of being a very good player in certain games I don't think its crazy to expect him to be that kind of player 90-95% of the time next season. Everyone's not the same but given the soph-junior year jumps we've seen from Kemba and Bazz it wouldn't surprise me to see Boat do something similar, the talent is definitiely there.

I hope I'm wrong, but IMO Boat has become more inconsistent this year than last. His shot hasn't really improved, he still plays out of control more than I would expect and his D is horrible. I don't see any real improvement over last year, so not sure why there would be any next year. Both Kemba and Bazz have an excellent BB IQ, but can't say the same for Boat. Last night for example, he got double-teamed too often and either lost the ball or became irrelevant for that posession. Cinn used their length at guard to bottle him up and unless he grows 3 inches this Summer or can make some significant adjustments in his game he will have the same problems next year. Not every game, but against good defensive teams he will struggle especially as the PG.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I don't miss drummond just for the fact that his free throw shooting was so dismal it pained me everytime he was at the line. Where this year we kill it at the line.

Reaction Score
I understand Alex leaving. He had a rough year last year having to cede time to Drummond and JC didn't really help the situation. Roscoe's decision is more confusing given that he isn't able to play this year. Oh well, it is what it is.

Reaction Score
I understand Alex leaving. He had a rough year last year having to cede time to Drummond and JC didn't really help the situation. Roscoe's decision is more confusing given that he isn't able to play this year. Oh well, it is what it is.

C'mon get off the JC "didn't help" BS wagon.......did he hurt him the year before? You people cut the crap with Alex.....Drummond came in, if he played well and played hard he would've been on the court with Andre instead when he struggled, which was really often, he moped and got pissed when he sat even though it was well deserved. He went from NC to a cancer period. Anyone trying to find out why or who was to blame just need to look into the kids heart....oh yeah you won't find one!!

caw

Reaction Score

AJ Price, Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier all had rough/inconsistent second years and were close to BE Player of the Year by their third year. If Boatright follows the same progression and Shabazz stays for his fourth year, it could be a scary good team regardless of the other players on the team. Throw in improvements from Daniels and Calhoun and more depth and it is a solid squad. If Wolf didnt have his issues and improved again I could see top 5-10 easily, without him I think top 15-20 would be realistic.

I think Giffey is starting to show his ability also.

Reaction Score
Talked about this last time this came up. While I love Scoe and was devastated when he left, the reality is if he was around DeAndre's development would be non-existent because Scoe would be eating all those minutes. DeAndre's offensive game is light years ahead of anything Scoe ever showed, and he is only getting better and more confident on the offensive end. He's become a legitimate third scorer (or as he showed tonight a legit second threat behind Bazz) which will be huge next year.

You really dont think Deandre and Scoe would both be starting on this team..? This team that needs all the impact size players that it can get? Really?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Alex Oriakhi? I'm not a fan. He's an undersized big man.

Reaction Score
Nope. Alex would have turned in some performances that were indistinguishable from Olander's.

He's averaging about the same pts and rebs that he averaged his soph year. And for every great game he has had, he's followed it up with about 3 and 2 rebs.

He has shown zero improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32