Alex & Scoe especially | The Boneyard

Alex & Scoe especially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had both of these clowns stayed we win this league easy this year.

Reaction Score
Im sure Roscoe will really be kicking himself next year when this team is dominating the Big East and making a final four run while he helps UNLV to an NIT title

Reaction Score
Maybe but don't think we would have the same chemistry. It sure seemed like Alex became a cancer and I like that Deandre is getting all those minutes, he has much more upside than Roscoe. We do desperately need a rebounder or two for next year.

Reaction Score
If there was no tourney ban I think Drummond would have stayed and this team would be top 5 in the country. You also have to consider all of the high school big men we lost out on because of the ban (Noel, Obekpa, and Bennett to name a few)

Reaction Score
I think we miss Scoe more and I like that kid. Keep AO and his lithium taking dad as far away from this year as possible. Don't miss him even though we really could have used him.

Reaction Score
dont underestimate ko. both guys would have played to their potential and would have been great assets.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I think we miss Scoe more and I like that kid. Keep AO and his lithium taking dad as far away from this year as possible. Don't miss him even though we really could have used him.

Agreed. Scoe is a bigger loss despite our team still not having a true center. Roscoe always got some tough rebounds which is exactly what we need right now.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The bottom line is Alex had to go. It was his last season and not being able to play in the post season is huge for draft implications. Not to mention he had burned some bridges along the way. Roscoe maybe thought he could get a waiver to play this season and if he could have, it would have been good for him. But he couldn't (rightfully so) and it will cost him. He could be getting 30+ minutes a night on a team that would be getting a lot of press as a top 20 team that can't play in the postseason. He would be huge on an easily top 5 team next year (assuming everyone returns). Having to take a year off from competitive play will really hurt plus he won't be on a team considered a title contender. Bad loss for us - bad decision by him. Both are hurt by the decision.

U

UCONNfan1

it's hard to tell. Calhoun was clearly not the right coach for Alex or Roscoe. Hard to say what they would have been like under KO. As far as Roscoe helping UNLV to the NIT title, how about just making the NIT? :)

Reaction Score
The bottom line is Alex had to go. It was his last season and not being able to play in the post season is huge for draft implications. Not to mention he had burned some bridges along the way. Roscoe maybe thought he could get a waiver to play this season and if he could have, it would have been good for him. But he couldn't (rightfully so) and it will cost him. He could be getting 30+ minutes a night on a team that would be getting a lot of press as a top 20 team that can't play in the postseason. He would be huge on an easily top 5 team next year (assuming everyone returns). Having to take a year off from competitive play will really hurt plus he won't be on a team considered a title contender. Bad loss for us - bad decision by him. Both are hurt by the decision.

Nope. Alex didn't have t go. And if he was team leader on this squad, that would have told the NBA tons about what kind of leader, player and person he is.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why people seem to think this team will "easily" be top 5 next year if everyone comes back??

They're adding a project guard, project big, and a - best case - rotation big. What am I missing?

And Willie99 can pump the brakes with his rose colored garbage. Someone else.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why people seem to think this team will "easily" be top 5 next year if everyone comes back??

They're adding a project guard, project big, and a - best case - rotation big. What am I missing?

I said easily top 5 if we had a senior Roscoe with the rest. That was my point.

Reaction Score
Im sure Roscoe will really be kicking himself next year when this team is dominating the Big East and making a final four run while he helps UNLV to an NIT title

UNLV is going to be dangerous next year. Take a look. He will be just fine. Hope we have a big man step up on the boards.

Reaction Score
I don't say it just to dump on Alex, but I agree with some of the other posters, I just don't think his personality fits with the group this year. Roscoe on the other hand. His rebounding would have been pretty nice to have.

Reaction Score

Power conference teams that return their entire starting 5 as essentially all upperclassmen are usually very, very good.

Reaction Score
Next year we could be like 2004 St. Joes, in terms of otherworldly guard play, an utter lack of inside presence, and -- sadly -- quality of conference opponents.

Reaction Score
Next year we could be like 2004 St. Joes, in terms of otherworldly guard play, an utter lack of inside presence, and -- sadly -- quality of conference opponents.

With Temple and Memphis the conf should still be fine for next year, C7 still have one more year left. St Joes also had Dwayne Jones, who was much better than any big we have or will have next year and hung around in the NBA for a couple of years.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Talked about this last time this came up. While I love Scoe and was devastated when he left, the reality is if he was around DeAndre's development would be non-existent because Scoe would be eating all those minutes. DeAndre's offensive game is light years ahead of anything Scoe ever showed, and he is only getting better and more confident on the offensive end. He's become a legitimate third scorer (or as he showed tonight a legit second threat behind Bazz) which will be huge next year.

Reaction Score

I'm hoping Facey can come in and just rebound. I could care less if he scores a point. Just rebound.

Reaction Score
Maybe but don't think we would have the same chemistry. It sure seemed like Alex became a cancer and I like that Deandre is getting all those minutes, he has much more upside than Roscoe. We do desperately need a rebounder or two for next year.
No way, as much as AO has been getting slashed on this board are you serious? We win the BE with AO hands down. Olander played 32 minutes with a couple points and a couple of boards. A chair could almost match that.

Reaction Score
Addition by subtraction. We had those guys last year and failed. By leaving they may have helped create the toughness on this years team.

Reaction Score
No way, as much as AO has been getting slashed on this board are you serious? We win the BE with AO hands down. Olander played 32 minutes with a couple points and a couple of boards. A chair could almost match that.
When Olander is other court we play 4 on 5. It's quite remarkable to win most of these games while he gets 30 minutes /game. Honestly, I can't remember a worse rotation player in the past 25 years at Uconn. This guy gets 32 minutes / game on a team full of guards and averages 4 and 4. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom