Alex Karaban | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AK played with the UConn mindset. Don't let offensive struggles carry over to the defensive end. In fact it almost has seemed like he used his tournament 3pt slump as motivation to be even better on the defensive end. I can't remember this many blocks in a 2 or 3 game span for him, especially given the competition level

Reaction Score
AK has an ability to take over games with midrange shooting and driving if he trains up and makes some changes. In one game this year he actually did that. Hurley will help him do it but first let’s get him back.

Reaction Score
Y

Yeah our small lineup did dang good against Edey. Alex was big part of that.. Also I don’t care what anyone says Edey fouls on about 40% of his moves. Elbow to the next on Alex should have been called.
I don’t think we saw dc or SJ for the last 5 minutes until curtain call.

Reaction Score
Karaban became the unsung hero on this team. Rarely does he come off the court. Comes up big time and time again. Plays the game the right way. Took two big time offensive fouls from and Edey shoulder and elbow that weren't called. His facial expression and body language never changed. Can't ask for much more from what this kid has done.

Reaction Score
if karaban comes back, i will believe we have the possibility to threepeat.

feels like there is a world where the offense flows through him as a #1 or #2 option (more inverted pick-and-rolls and mismatch hunting, etc.) and he becomes an all-american.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

AK needs 20 lbs. of muscle for next year, an outside shot makeover in his shooting form for more consistency, & a more fearless attitude when driving to the hoop or guarding tougher front courtman one on one near the hoop.

He's got everything else Including the unteachable quality of making everyone around him better on every play. Alex is a GREAT TEAMMATE!

AK is one of the key architects of these back to back National Championships. Alex lives for the team! Bravo!!

Father Demo
I don’t think you change the shot it works for him he just struggled as of late it happens. But 15-20 more pounds I agree he’ll be a stud on the interior. Still a wonderful player and he had some tremendous offensive rebounds in clutch situations last night. Tough kid

It's absurd to think AK would gain anywhere near that much weight.

Five pounds of good, effective muscle which doesn't change his fluidity would be a huge accomplishment.

Reaction Score
The shot wasn’t falling, but my god did he fight hard every play, make every right pass, and defend his heart out.

He is everything that this team stands for.

And I appreciate the hell out of him.
A stat stuffer. Just 5 points, but 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks. All over the court making plays in every facet of the game

Reaction Score
He made a key play in the second half where someone missed a shot, he fought for the offensive rebound and sort of shoveled it through the defender to Castle who ultimately put it in for 2.

He may seem to be a "finesse" player given his shooting prowess, but above anything else, he just makes winning plays.

Reaction Score
The entire tournament we have heard about the other teams having the best player.
Northwestern- Boo Bueiy, San Diego- LeDee, Illinois- Shannon, Alabama- Sears, Purdue-Edey.
UConn had a team of 5 best players, all contributing and sharing.

Reaction Score
He always does the right thing. He does what he should on the court. He says the right things at the right time. It is no wonder that he and Andre Jackson bonded so well last year. Absolute leader.

Reaction Score
Whether he stays or go, Karaban will always just be remembered as a "WINNER". Even when his shot isn't falling, he does everything else to help the team win. This team is full of guys like that. That is what made this team special.
Still, AK will be a favorite Husky for a very long time.

Reaction Score
Whether he stays or go, Karaban will always just be remembered as a "WINNER". Even when his shot isn't falling, he does everything else to help the team win. This team is full of guys like that. That is what made this team special.
Still, AK will be a favorite Husky for a very long time.
During the postgame, Hurley seemed pretty definitive that the team would be losing two players to early entry. In past, he has been a bit more vague about that. My money is on Karaban staying one more year.

Reaction Score
During the postgame, Hurley seemed pretty definitive that the team would be losing two players to early entry. In past, he has been a bit more vague about that. My money is on Karaban staying one more year.
I think AK knows he needs to get a little stronger, and at times had started to show a post up game at times. He could develop that a little more and be a BE player of the year candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom