2022 Recruiting: - Alex Karaban Unoffical Visit (Again) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Alex Karaban Unoffical Visit (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Mods: please take this "Neils is a role player" to another thread. It is embarrassing to have included in an Alex Karban recruiting discussion.

Second, living in Dallas I see a lot of Luca Doncic in Alex. I am not suggesting he has the skills of Luca at all...but he brings to mind Luca in many ways. Same height (not nearly as thick and built obviously). Doesn't have nearly the point guard skills. But, I find other "similarities." Anyone else see a faint comparison, or am I delusional?

Last, I love the John Havlicek comparison to Neils. John was my basketball hero (I had 4 posters of him in my room growing up) and later had the opportunity to interview him when I was sports editor of the Daily Campus. In my marketing life, we had a sales celebration at CIGNA and Havlicek (along with Lawrence Taylor and Kathy Rigby) participated in a fun Olympics competition. Got to talk with John at length there.

His grandson later played basketball for Prospect youth basketball and he was often in attendance. The man was pure class and an extraordinary professional.

I'm thinking more Larry Bird and Jerry West IMO.

Maybe Kevin Love too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mods: please take this "Neils is a role player" to another thread. It is embarrassing to have included in an Alex Karban recruiting discussion.

Second, living in Dallas I see a lot of Luca Doncic in Alex. I am not suggesting he has the skills of Luca at all...but he brings to mind Luca in many ways. Same height (not nearly as thick and built obviously). Doesn't have nearly the point guard skills. But, I find other "similarities." Anyone else see a faint comparison, or am I delusional?

Last, I love the John Havlicek comparison to Neils. John was my basketball hero (I had 4 posters of him in my room growing up) and later had the opportunity to interview him when I was sports editor of the Daily Campus. In my marketing life, we had a sales celebration at CIGNA and Havlicek (along with Lawrence Taylor and Kathy Rigby) participated in a fun Olympics competition. Got to talk with John at length there.

His grandson later played basketball for Prospect youth basketball and he was often in attendance. The man was pure class and an extraordinary professional.

Most Boneyard post of the day. Please move this thread because of the Giffey comparisons taking over.

Also, Karaban is better compared to Doncic.

Reaction Score
Any update with Karaban? It seemed we got spoiled when Clingan committed and then started getting winks and smiles from Matrim + good things from Husky99 to think that Karaban would commit so quickly.

Reaction Score
Any update with Karaban? It seemed we got spoiled when Clingan committed and then started getting winks and smiles from Matrim + good things from Husky99 to think that Karaban would commit so quickly.
Well GoatHouse since you are a fairly new member. I'll introduce you to a Yard classic.

Update in 20 minutes.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reaction Score
Tuesday. 4 pm.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Watched a decent amount of the Expressions v. City Rocks EYBL game that Karaban played in. First off THAT BOY CAN SHOOT. Ran a few pick and pops and he was lighting it up when they allowed him any space. Moved pretty quick laterally to stay in front of faster guards and had at least one block that I saw. Also did a good job at hard hedging (which is good especially for our defense). Did a great job communicating with his teammates and was definitely a leader for them. Played almost every minute of the game that I saw and his motor was pretty steady the entire time. His ball security and finishing wasn't nearly a strength as previously seen and his rebounding was pretty shaky but other than that I saw alot of positives.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Karaban is shooting really, really badly this weekend. But he's 14/14 from the line in 2 games
Can't get an open look every one is contested.

Reaction Score
Karaban is shooting really, really badly this weekend. But he's 14/14 from the line in 2 games
Good maybe a blow to the ego will get em to commit lol. His dominant performances has been making him stand out to much and other schools were taking notice. Maybe they back off just enough for his bruised ego to say to himself….why not!

Reaction Score
Good maybe a blow to the ego will get em to commit lol. His dominant performances has been making him stand out to much and other schools were taking notice. Maybe they back off just enough for his bruised ego to say to himself….why not!

Not the mentality I want from a recruit. ‍♂️
i dont want his poor performance to bruise his ego but i woudnt mind if he stopped blowing up with offers from blue bloods

Reaction Score
B
i dont want his poor performance to bruise his ego but i woudnt mind if he stopped blowing up with offers from blue bloods
But, we're a blue blood too and if a kid doesn't pick us that's OK and you wish him best of luck. There's other fish in the sea for us to attract. :)

Reaction Score
Not the mentality I want from a recruit. ‍♂️
Got it, but he is still a maturing kid and we know what he is and what we would get. When he gets here just like everyone else, Hurley shapes and molds him into a complete player mentally and physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom