Alex Karaban hints coming back | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban hints coming back

Reaction Score
Even if Clingan were insured for 5 million and git injured he would miss out on how much if he was top 10?

Reaction Score
We're experiencing the same title inflation on our players as we did right after last years championship.

I would take every mock draft or draft evaluation with huge grains of salt right now. Everything is based on March madness just finishing. The current crop of college players are the flavor of the month right now, eecoially our guys. If you looked 5 weeks ago the entire top 5 was European players.

Our entire starting 5 is being mocked in the draft. I think the odds of that actually happening are really low. Does Clingan go #3? I'm super skeptical of that. Is castle a top 7 pick? Maybe but also maybe not. Is Tristen Newton a late first rounder? In a month I would bet he isn't. Does Cam Spencer and Alex Karaban both get drafted in the 2nd round? Again I would doubt it.

The evaluation process will start and instead of our guys being the starting 5 on one of the most dominant college teams they'll actually look at the whole profile. Scouts will question Clingans offensive game and how his body will hold up in an NBA season. Scouts will wonder if Castle can become an efficient shooter and how his offensive game translates in the NBA. Newton will probably get asked the same questions as last year that'll ding his stock a bit...etc etc with Cam and AK. All of this will drop their stock.

The same exact thing happened last year with Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo and Newton. All of them slid a lot further down the rankings once the shine of the championship wore off and the entire picture of the draft started to come together.

I would imagine AK will be back.
AK is not gonna stick with a NBA team at this point as a late 2nd rounder. He needs a year to hone his stroke and become All American. One more year can only help not hurt. And DC could use one more year and show he's an Edey type monster inside AND become an offensive force getting buckets outside of dunks and put backs. IF those two came back a 3-peat is indeed realistic. That's pure hope unless NIL $$ can sway them to do the right thing. We'll see how much they truly love UCONN!

Reaction Score
Clingan is no lottery pick yet. If he doesn't show more than post-up offense he never will be.
He is a lottery pick. Here’s a fun fact since clearly you know absolutely nothing about the nba: nikola jokic leads the NBA in post ups per game. The total? 8.2 per game. That’s it that’s number. The next highest total? Not even 6, his name is Embiid. This isn’t 1985 anymore, it’s a different game. They want him for the rim pressure on both ends he’ll provide. I’d suggest you learn up about it.

Reaction Score
NBA Wise .. a guy who I think Alex can be is what Jaime Jaquez has been with Miami. A damn good NBA rotation guy who carves out a nice role and he added a lot more offensive polish by staying in school for an extra year or two.

His game will translate whenever he goes in.

Reaction Score
Every mock draft has DC as a lottery pick.
And every year idiots try to justify their reasoning why a player should return even when they are locks for the first round and potentially the lottery...

Reaction Score
NBA Wise .. a guy who I think Alex can be is what Jaime Jaquez has been with Miami. A damn good NBA rotation guy who carves out a nice role and he added a lot more offensive polish by staying in school for an extra year or two.

I don't see that. Jaime is more of guard and has a great handle and able to penetrate. He is a good mid range shooter who can create for others too. Karban is more of a spot up shooter who can occasionally take it to the rim.

Reaction Score
What about clingan game tell you he’s a 1st rd nba player let alone a top 5 pick …. Kid needs work or he’ll be destroyed in the league … u think 37 from edey was bad what do u think will happen if he went to the nba … he’s not ready at all he will enter the draft to go thru an evaluation process while maintaining his eligibility but the nba scouts & Hurley will tell him he needs at least 1 more yr to work on strengthening his body , some post moves & open up to him shooting 3s more

Reaction Score
I don't see that. Jaime is more of guard and has a great handle and able to penetrate. He is a good mid range shooter who can create for others too. Karban is more of a spot up shooter who can occasionally take it to the rim.
Yeah not saying exact type of player but more of that immediate type of plug and play impact in the league. And mostly saying how Jaquez really improved his offensive play by staying in college and figuring his game out. Karaban will continue to improve

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Even if Clingan were insured for 5 million and git injured he would miss out on how much if he was top 10?
Like $20 million from the first contract and $250+ million from the next contract.

This is what people aren’t grasping. If he blows an Achilles or knee and falls out of the first round he not only miss on the potential early career earnings, but the big second contract payday.

Would love for him to return, but what he could lose by chasing “history” is an insane proposition…

Reaction Score
I don't think Clingan should come back. I'd love for him to come back..... but I'd hate it if he came back and got hurt. He should go now while his stock is high.

Reaction Score

He reminds me more of Georges Niang, who also happened to be from Mass

Reaction Score
What fantasy land do people live in that think Clingan should do anything other than go be a lottery pick?
The same fantasy land where ppl that watched him all season would believe that he’s a lottery pick when he isn’t even nba ready …ppl caught up In the moment & I would even say don’t pay attention to all of college hoops bc right now everybody is projected 1st rd / lottery…

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You can make a case that Alex is the one player we can’t lose bc he plays the hardest position on the team, he’s the one performing most actions on all these sets. He’s also the extension of the coaching staff on the floor and was the vocal leader this year.

Reaction Score
Like $20 million from the first contract and $250+ million from the next contract.

This is what people aren’t grasping. If he blows an Achilles or knee and falls out of the first round he not only miss on the potential early career earnings, but the big second contract payday.

Would love for him to return, but what he could lose by chasing “history” is an insane proposition…
How many kids that decided to stay in college have had an injury that prevented them from having a NBA career? DC seems to be very happy where he is. Maybe he wants to enjoy one more year before the NBA.

Reaction Score
The same fantasy land where ppl that watched him all season would believe that he’s a lottery pick when he isn’t even nba ready …ppl caught up In the moment & I would even say don’t pay attention to all of college hoops bc right now everybody is projected 1st rd / lottery…
He is a lottery pick. I’d Suggest you read up and learn why. Huge difference between watching the games and knowing what you are actually watching. Flip on any part of the Illinois game and you’d know why he’s a lottery pick.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Dan wants 3. Alex is the lynchpin. He will plead for him to stay.
Dan will do a thorough and serious assessment and encourage Alex to do whatever is best for Alex. We'd all be happy if that turns out to be coming back, but Dan will not plead for him to act counter to his own best interests.

Reaction Score
Cool story, amazing brotherhood:
Evidently, Alex planned to stay at UConn for 4 years since day 1.

I always forget how big Castle is until they show close ups like this and he's almost Karaban sized. Wild

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He doesn’t. He made two 3s all season & shot it under 60% from the line. That’s what they know and project.
He hits them in practice and warm-ups. He takes them in practice scrimmages under pressure and makes a good percentage of them. Pro scouts go to UConn practices and see he can shhot the 3.
Just because you dont see it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Reaction Score
With all the other starters leaving I hadn’t given a thought about AK leaving but it’s a strong likelihood. He had an okay season, struggled sometimes, still can hit the big 3. If he’s projected round 2 now, he could be a team leader next year and boost his stock to Round 1. I hope he stays.

Tristen tested the waters after last year, didn’t like his draft prospects, and decided to stay. Probably boosted his draft status a lot. Similar situation for Karaban.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom