Alex Karaban hints coming back | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban hints coming back

Reaction Score
He hits them in practice and warm-ups. He takes them in practice scrimmages under pressure and makes a good percentage of them. Pro scouts go to UConn practices and see he can shhot the 3.
Just because you dont see it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Every NBA player can knock down 3s in practice & warm ups. They do that in their sleep. It’s not to say Clingan can’t necessarily work on it and add it to his game. But as of right now, he doesn’t shoot 3s at all. He won’t be doing that early in his career. There are centers starting right now that don’t.

Reaction Score
Clingan is going top 5 in the draft. There’s no becoming more likable to the NBA. He’s as liked as he’s going to get. He’ll improve his shot working with the best coaches in the world in the NBA.
Probably right, but Edey amply demonstrated that DC could gain more with another year of physical maturity and a bit more refinement on O side. As a 5 pick it would be stupid to stay.

Reaction Score
I would wager that DC is still considering sticking around. I would also wager that DH will push him very hard to the draft.
As crazy as it seems (and it is not crazy but refreshing), I wouldn’t be surprised if a large part of Donovan would want to stay. He is truly a CT kid who loves the state and the school. And that’s pretty special in this day and age. Whatever happens , I hope he does what he wants to do in his heart. It is his decision and his family’s and my guess is there won’t be any pressure to blindly go for the money as there might be in some family situations. Obviously, money directly impacts many decisions all of us make, but there is something to be said for following your heart and your passion / and when you do that, things usually work out for the best long/term.

Reaction Score
He hits them in practice and warm-ups. He takes them in practice scrimmages under pressure and makes a good percentage of them. Pro scouts go to UConn practices and see he can shhot the 3.
Just because you dont see it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Of course. A lot of people are going to look stupid when they see Donovan canning NBA 3’s on Sportscenter highlights.

Reaction Score
Would love him back but seriously...

I think Karaban should enter the draft. He's probably a second rounder but I don't think his stock will rise next year because he'll be 22 next year and that'll count against his draft stock (as dumb as that sounds, it's the truth). It's unfortunate that his shooting was inconsistent this year, but I think NBA teams will look past that as a fixable issue. He's proven in the past that he can make 3s. He can be a solid NBA role player.
He can also make millions overseas any time he decides to leave.

Reaction Score
Saw a tweet with AK being interviewed and he said it’s gonna suck having someone other than Tristen throwing him dimes next year…

I saw 2.5 pages and didn’t see that mentioned, if it was and I missed it, my bad!
I mean Newton is 100% gone, so that quote doesn't really say anything about Karaban staying or leaving.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I mean Newton is 100% gone, so that quote doesn't really say anything about Karaban staying or leaving.

I can’t find it but it clearly implied him coming back, can’t recall the exact phrasing. They were discussing next years UConn team and he said it will be weird not to catch dimes from someone new next year.

Reaction Score
What about clingan game tell you he’s a 1st rd nba player let alone a top 5 pick …. Kid needs work or he’ll be destroyed in the league … u think 37 from edey was bad what do u think will happen if he went to the nba … he’s not ready at all he will enter the draft to go thru an evaluation process while maintaining his eligibility but the nba scouts & Hurley will tell him he needs at least 1 more yr to work on strengthening his body , some post moves & open up to him shooting 3s more

The only downside to winning is this stuff comes out of the woodwork.

Yes, Clingan will be abused by all the 7-4 centers that teams are running post ups for in the nba

Reaction Score
The NBA and it’s scouts and their talent evaluation system is stupid. They place 0 value on intelligence, passing, work ethic, and winning. They only want super shooters, super athletes and super tall athletes. Alex is ready and could help an NBA team now but he will need a lucky break to get a chance to play(right team, right time). This will not change regardless of how awesome he performs in coming years. If he is enjoying college and making some NIL I think he should stay, and when he wants a change, then move on to NBA and the same opportunity will be waiting for him then.

Reaction Score
That was interesting because he was more circumspect in a previous podcast where he said something like, "it will be weird having someone other than Tristen as my point guard next year, where ever I am." So I do take this as meaningful, though obviously a ton can change with NBA feedback.

Reaction Score
Clingan is no lottery pick yet. If he doesn't show more than post-up offense he never will be.

Clingan will all but certainly go top 5. The NBA is a different game than college. How many back to the basket big men do you see in the NBA? Clingan’s role is going to be to clog the lane, get out in transition, rebound, and put backs/alley oops. His 3 point shooting isn’t terrible either. He will find a role in the NBA. Just because he doesn’t have the low post moves of Sanogo doesn’t mean he won’t be good.

Reaction Score
I think he’s for sure gonna test the NBA waters but it’ll come down to the feedback he receives if he moves on or not

Reaction Score
There’s the clip - he says “it’s gonna be weird with a different point guard here next year dishing dimes to me” so he’s clearly referring to UConn’s lineup with him in it.
I was looking at it more like him saying "Tristen won't be my PG anymore" which is true regardless of whether he stays or goes pro. But you can sure look at like it from the point of view he's staying. I think he'll declare and get feedback from the pros for sure though. Then hopefully he decides to come back.

If someone says they'll draft him in the 1st round (or at worst early 2nd round), he'll probably leave.

Reaction Score
We dont know the exacts on NIL money but if he is getting over like 100k I think he should definitely come back. He can continue working on his game at UConn instead of the horrible travel schedule in the G league and potentially make as much or more at UConn than the G league. This is the value of NIL, for first rounders like Clingan and Castle you HAVE To go but if you are a second rounder or summer camp signee then it makes sense to stay in school longer

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Yesterday.... A slip by Alex?? Maybe???

Later in that interview he’s asked the question point blank and says he hasn’t done his analysis yet. Needs to speak to coaches, agents and parents before deciding anything

Reaction Score
THANK YOU SOMEBODY THAT UNDERSTANDS FINALLY!!!

Castle will go top 20
Newton will go 2nd rd(senior so he was gone)
Cam will go & probably go G-League like sanogo
Karaban is gonna be a 4yr UConn legend
Clingan will return for his junior year & work on his offense like sanogo jr yr he will start shooting 3 to be more likable in the nba he unlike sanogo clingan can do NIL so it’s no big rush or pressure for him to go pro
I hate to say it, but you may be right about TN and Cam. However, they deserve better. They both will be great pro's. I pray that you are right with regard to AK and DC. However, you are wrong on Castle. I was of the opinion earlier in the year that he was not ready because of his offensive game. This kid proved me wrong. He is NBA ready now, and once he develops a jumper, watch out.

Reaction Score
We dont know the exacts on NIL money but if he is getting over like 100k I think he should definitely come back. He can continue working on his game at UConn instead of the horrible travel schedule in the G league and potentially make as much or more at UConn than the G league. This is the value of NIL, for first rounders like Clingan and Castle you HAVE To go but if you are a second rounder or summer camp signee then it makes sense to stay in school longer
These guys are way over $100k NIL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom