Alex Cora new Sox manager... | The Boneyard

Alex Cora new Sox manager...

Reaction Score
Per reports.

Hear good things. Well liked. Just 42 years old and no managerial experience.

Now get a hitter...

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of first time managers for contenders.

Reaction Score
If Alex had asked my opinion, I would advise him to turn down the Boston job. Learning to be a manager is tough enough without the additional challenge of dealing with the Boston sports writers. Plus the expectations will be sky high. Anything less than a league championship will be considered a bad year. I think this is a huge gamble for Dumbrowski and the Sox and Alex Cora. I hope I am wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Reaction Score
If Alex had asked my opinion, I would advise him to turn down the Boston job. Learning to be a manager is tough enough without the additional challenge of dealing with the Boston sports writers. Plus the expectations will be sky high. Anything less than a league championship will be considered a bad year. I think this is a huge gamble for Dumbrowski and the Sox and Alex Cora. I hope I am wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
Agree coming off two consecutive division titles was not enough. Your second basemen is on shelf for half of next year...the price fiasco, two rotational pitchers in porcello and pomeranz who are wild cards, there is no power on team at the moment and the team gave you a three year deal which hardly inspires a great deal of confidence....sign me up

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Per reports.

Hear good things. Well liked. Just 42 years old and no managerial experience.

Now get a hitter...

He's a perfect choice for the job. Great baseball mind, not tolerance for BS, but gets along with players who love his approach. He has handled Boston media before and can step in there with no issue at all. He's likable and more like Francona in how he handles the media. Farrell never figured it out. He will set the tone for guys like Price immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if he challenges Price and he delivers his best season ever next year. He will show the young players how to be professionals. He's got a young roster with lots of talent.

Reaction Score
He's a perfect choice for the job. Great baseball mind, not tolerance for BS, but gets along with players who love his approach. He has handled Boston media before and can step in there with no issue at all. He's likable and more like Francona in how he handles the media. Farrell never figured it out. He will set the tone for guys like Price immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if he challenges Price and he delivers his best season ever next year. He will show the young players how to be professionals. He's got a young roster with lots of talent.
I sincerely hope you are right but I don't see where he has handled the Boston media before. He was a reserve infielder for the Sox but in that position he was not the focus of media attention. As manager every thing he does and says will be scrutinized. Heaven help him if he loses 3 games in a row.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Agree coming off two consecutive division titles was not enough. Your second basemen is on shelf for half of next year...the price fiasco, two rotational pitchers in porcello and pomeranz who are wild cards, there is no power on team at the moment and the team gave you a three year deal which hardly inspires a great deal of confidence....sign me up

Or, you know, you take a crap-ton of money to manage one of the best and most financially sound teams in baseball.

But you do you.

Reaction Score
Or, you know, you take a crap-ton of money to manage one of the best and most financially sound teams in baseball.

But you do you.

He had an offer from the Yankees?:oops:

Reaction Score
Left myself open for that one.

No, the team with 3 titles in the last 13 years!

My bad thought he'd be more interested in the job for the team with 5 titles in 21 years, my bad.

Reaction Score
Cora was a good choice and the whole media thing is overrated. Farrell was fired because management wanted more than he delivered and the media had little to do with it. Cora will look a lot better with a RH power hitter in the lineup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom