Album Recs Needed

Reaction Score
Specifically, I'm looking for any albums you enjoyed (didn't have to love them) made by artists past their "sell by" date. Good albums that might have missed without the airplay, etc... For example, I just heard ZZ Top's "Recycler" for the first time and was surprised by how much I liked it. Also, AC/DC's recent covid release was excellent.

Reaction Score
Through the Mists of Time is a great tune off that AC/DC album.

Here's a few:
  • The Who - WHO
  • Any Iron Maiden album since 2000 - A Matter of Life or Death and Senjutsu are my favorites
  • Glen Campell - Ghosts on the Canvas
  • Sturgill Simpson - Sound & Fury - I don't think it's by his "sell by" date but it was a deviation from norm (though his norm is good too)
  • Charles Bradley - Changes (again, not sure if he ever had enough success to have a sell by date, but really enjoy this album)

Dove

Andre is The Answer
Reaction Score
Bruce Springsteen's "Western Stars" is amazing.

Reaction Score
These may seem a little out there, but

1. The Kinks a.) The Ultimate Kinks: this has everything through Lola; b) Something Else, this is my favorite period Sunny Afternoon, Victoria etc. c. not in the ultimate Kinks Come Dancing and Father Christmas among others

2.Curtis Mayfield Superfly in addition to the title cut Freddy's Dead is great. If you have any interest in vocal groups try the Impressions; my favorite is People Get Ready.

3. The Persuasions are an acapella group which began in the 70's. Their first album, Street Corner Symphony, is a good starting place. My favorite song is "Looking for an Echo, ultimate acapella.

YouTube has all of these recommendations.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Specifically, I'm looking for any albums you enjoyed (didn't have to love them) made by artists past their "sell by" date. Good albums that might have missed without the airplay, etc... For example, I just heard ZZ Top's "Recycler" for the first time and was surprised by how much I liked it. Also, AC/DC's recent covid release was excellent.
Can’t speak to the album but very much enjoy Seger’s cover of this great tune Wilco made with Woody Guthrie’s lyrics; had no idea he was still putting out albums within the past ten years:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Here are a bunch of albums I love and fully recommend by bands or performers I thought were done:

Peter Wolf: A Cure for Loneliness (2016)

Ian Hunter: When I’m President (2012) (with the Rant Band)

Graham Parker: Three Chords Good (2012) (with the Rumour)

Squeeze: Cradle to the Grave (2015)

Top Bottom