Alabama v. Clemson -- National Championship Game | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Alabama v. Clemson -- National Championship Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very difficult to evoke the name God, have you ever watched a sporting event? The end of last night's game put Jimmy Swaggart to shame.

Not in celebration, that's done all the time. Maybe a bit more in Dabo's case because that's his DNA.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
It's relevant and obvious what I am saying. The situation speaks for itself. I don't want to get into a religious debate on the yard because it will create one of those black holes and I want to focus on getting UCONN better and not political controversy. Let's just say that I am a Christian and respect your ability to believe independently. If you want to learn more google UCONN - Jesus in the huddle. It was the beginning of the Diaco era. I just think the respective outcomes of this hot potato topic in our politically correct times are intriguing. Very difficult to evoke the name God anywhere these days, particularly in the Northeast.

Regardless of your views on religion and college football, the backstory on Dabo Swinney is that he's an amazing and uniquely American success story who is positively affecting the lives of many others. Surely we can celebrate and agree on that.
Clemson Coach Dabo Swinney Shows How to Defeat Anti-Christian Scolds

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Regardless of your views on religion and college football, the backstory on Dabo Swinney is that he's an amazing and uniquely American success story who is positively affecting the lives of many others. Surely we can celebrate and agree on that.
Clemson Coach Dabo Swinney Shows How to Defeat Anti-Christian Scolds
I agree that he is a great success story. He still shouldn't have team led religious activities at a public school.

Reaction Score
Had to get up early for work so missed the whole 2nd half.

Anything interesting happen?[/QUOTE

Could not stay up, watched till 10:45 and saw the last 8 minutes on ESPN this AM before leaving for work. Stupid question but why isn't this game on Saturday night? Would the ratings be that much different? Let the NFL play at 1 and 4:15 on Saturday. With three of the wildcard games being duds this game would have been nice to see start to finish.

Reaction Score
I agree that he is a great success story. He still shouldn't have team led religious activities at a public school.

The fact that "Jesus in the huddle" was a huge controversy in CT tells you a lot about how atypical and politically correct CT is. That sort of thing is a non-issue everywhere else. Athletes, especially in football, are much more likely to be religious Christians than the average person. College football is mainly a Midwestern and Southern sport, and both regions are more religious than the Northeast and the West. Etc.

It's just part of the culture in most of the rest of the country. And it certainly isn't an "establishment of religion."

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The fact that "Jesus in the huddle" was a huge controversy in CT tells you a lot about how atypical and politically correct CT is. That sort of thing is a non-issue everywhere else. Athletes, especially in football, are much more likely to be religious Christians than the average person. College football is mainly a Midwestern and Southern sport, and both regions are more religious than the Northeast and the West. Etc.

It's just part of the culture in most of the rest of the country. And it certainly isn't an "establishment of religion."

Please do elaborate on Jesus being in the huddle in Minnesota, Washington, California, hell, even Pennsylvania.

That said, I have no issue with what Dabo does. That's what kids want to sign up for, it's all good.

Reaction Score
If Rich Rodriguez wasn't stupid and left WVU, they'd probably be the only squad from anywhere north of Virginia that could have made the CFP. Penn State, sadly, is going to take have a shot next year and will as long as Moorhead is there. They might as well replace Franklin with Moorhead.

Clemson and Penn State are tied at 2 titles now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom