Alabama tracking students, penalizing them if they leave football game early | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alabama tracking students, penalizing them if they leave football game early

Reaction Score
I remember talking about this on the board and I still think it is great idea. Get local eateries to offer discounts and/or add points to people food accounts. Maybe add a Husky Hardcore Fan code to the scoreboard at the end the of games that has to be responded to in a narrow window to encourage people to stay. Food, maybe some tee shirts could be used as incentives.

FWIW, if anyone has app designing skills, I think this would very successful, much like the 'cuse kid who has like 50% of college team sites running his software.

Uh no, because that would mean they'd have to give up their phones for hours, not happening... unless they used a sports burner phone.
Besides that, that plan (one person with a bunch of phones) would never work. I’m sure that at the gate you bring up the app, have a barcode scanned, they confirm with a student ID that you are who you are, and then the tracking starts. And obviously it’s one phone per person

Reaction Score
It sounds invasive and somewhat totalitarian until you read the article and realize it's basically just clickbait.

All they're doing is creating an app that allows you to benefit from staying longer, which seems like a pretty natural way to measure a person's commitment to the program in the event that you need to split hairs to determine who goes to bowl games, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom