Alabama @ Tennessee - 2/15/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alabama @ Tennessee - 2/15/18

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There's nothing like sitting home suffering from the flu and turning the TV on with 5 minutes left and seeing Tennessee losing. UT, as pointed out above, looked lifeless. They were playing like they'd already lost the game. Then, when they had, they kept fouling as though there was a chance.
I've also spent the past 3 days suffering through the flu. This Vol loss has suddenly bolstered my vol-ition to recover. Sorry couldn't help it.

Reaction Score
but with Tenn loosing badly against Al there is no chance for them to be around when UConn plays 3 & 4 round.
Also what,s wrong with Md? They were not that bad when UConn played them earlier?
What’s wrong if UConn meets them on 2nd round?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I've also spent the past 3 days suffering through the flu. This Vol loss has suddenly bolstered my vol-ition to recover. Sorry couldn't help it.
I have a vol-uminous appreciation for puns, even bad ones as you can plainly see. Get better soon. the season is not over!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
There's nothing like sitting home suffering from the flu and turning the TV on with 5 minutes left and seeing Tennessee losing. UT, as pointed out above, looked lifeless. They were playing like they'd already lost the game. Then, when they had, they kept fouling as though there was a chance.
Did not know that the flu had spread to Planet 10. Get well soon.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
What’s wrong if UConn meets them on 2nd round?

That would mean a visit to Connecticut for the Lady Vols, highly unlikely

When was the last time they were in CT? 05? 06?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Duke had a 9 point lead late, gave up a 14-2 run to Syracuse, then missed 4 tries from beyond the arc to tie it up. Another ranked team bites the dust.

I saw the Blue Devils up by 9 and switched channels. As unlucky as I was lucky with the TN game.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think the loss neither makes it less or more likely that we'll meet.
But they may not make it that far even if the are placed in our in our region.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
HeyBoots, take care of yourself. This cold/flu virus cycle is a real threat. Lots of fruits, fluids and rest. If you chose an orange screwdriver, you knock off the first two. A couple more screwdrivers takes care of the third. :)

Seriously, take care...

I don’t think I have the “popular” strain. My big problem is that I haven’t slept to speak of in three nights due to coughing and sweating. I hope to be running by Sunday, but I won’t be stupid about it.

Thanks for the well wishes from you and others.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Florida leading TAMU, but TAMU will probably wake up soon.

Exciting end to that one. Anriel Howard wouldn’t take no for an answer.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Exciting end to that one. Anriel Howard wouldn’t take no for an answer.

They took longer than I had expected, but finally woke up.

Reaction Score
Margo is wonderful.... an entertaining watch and as I have said several times ... a true LV fan.....

This particular episode .... post Alabama loss..... she is in same mode..... offering no excuses and shouting out to Alabama.... and then within a short time.... start offering excuses anyway..... talking about the bad reffing.... AGAIN.... saying Hayes got no calls ... that she should have been at the line for at least 10 free throws..... saying that "they almost killed" Nared..... of course no mention of the missed calls on the other end... it is always TN getting the shaft from the refs.....

She cites.... effort.... as Holly says you can't coach effort.... I believe you can.... just sit the player down..... how many times should she have benched Diamond... but rarely did....

She cites Westbrook who is playing injured..... why is Holly playing her??? If she is injured she should sit out.....

On a positive note for Margo, she noted that TN turnovers are mostly of their own making, not caused by the opposition .... and was upset that team did not play D.... and implores them to get mean and bang the other team around a bit.... .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I watched a lot of the Purdue Maryland game. Purdue was up early but it look like Maryland righted the ship and was taking control. Purdue was down several points, not hitting and not playing well. Then I get a phone call and didn't watch for a while and when I came back I fully expected it to be a 20 point game but it was actually up. Maryland tied the game up but then inexplicably forgot how to play basketball and Purdue ran off 10 points to get the win.

Purdue doesn't have much of a record but they have beaten several ranked teams lately
OR the Big10 is putrid with mediocre teams top to bottom with Maryland the less putrid of the lot. They are overrated at #10 and should be 14-17 range...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I haven't finished it, but Margo gets a little real on their players and their coach:

I thought she was going to jump thru the camera when discussing Mercedes. "I GET YOU ARE A FINESSE PLAYER BUT YOU CANNOT BE FINESSE WHEN PLAYING ON DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Sometimes in order to be great, you gotta be great, you know what I mean?" :confused:

"Sit Evena Westbrook - she's injured. I don't care if it costs us seeding" Talked about her lack of confidence due to her injury.

Boy was she fired up...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I thought she was going to jump thru the camera when discussing Mercedes. "I GET YOU ARE A FINESSE PLAYER BUT YOU CANNOT BE FINESSE WHEN PLAYING ON DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Sometimes in order to be great, you gotta be great, you know what I mean?" :confused:

Russell needs more "dog" in her. Can you imagine Russell with the temperament of Taurasi. Or if the arguable GOAT is too strong a comparison, imagine her with the temperament of Marina Mabrey. Some fire, some edge, some "over my dead body are you going to win"

There was an episode of Saved by the Bell where it turned out Screech was an excellent football kicker if *and only if* he got angry before the game. So they resorted to spraying him with ketchup before the big game. Maybe try that. Couldn't hurt.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Russell! How many times must her lack of grit be exposed before the debate about her is over. There is zero fire in that young lady's belly. If you were a WNBA club would you waste a pick, any pick, on her?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Russell! How many times must her lack of grit be exposed before the debate about her is over. There is zero fire in that young lady's belly. If you were a WNBA club would you waste a pick, any pick, on her?
You are totally correct of course- you can't teach fire, intensity, or a personality with a bit of an edge. BUT you also can't teach 6'6".

Iciss Tilliss was another post player who did not like being in the post. She reminds me of Azura in that respect - something Z needs to avoid at all costs, but with regards to Russell, if she does NOT get some toughness in the post, her career could end up mirroring Tillis' - 2 years in the W, 2.6 PPG, 1.5 RPG in just about 9 MPG...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Margo is wonderful.... an entertaining watch and as I have said several times ... a true LV fan.....

This particular episode .... post Alabama loss..... she is in same mode..... offering no excuses and shouting out to Alabama.... and then within a short time.... start offering excuses anyway..... talking about the bad reffing.... AGAIN.... saying Hayes got no calls ... that she should have been at the line for at least 10 free throws..... saying that "they almost killed" Nared..... of course no mention of the missed calls on the other end... it is always TN getting the shaft from the refs.....

She cites.... effort.... as Holly says you can't coach effort.... I believe you can.... just sit the player down..... how many times should she have benched Diamond... but rarely did....

She cites Westbrook who is playing injured..... why is Holly playing her??? If she is injured she should sit out.....

On a positive note for Margo, she noted that TN turnovers are mostly of their own making, not caused by the opposition .... and was upset that team did not play D.... and implores them to get mean and bang the other team around a bit.... .

Speaking of (Ya girl) Margo...............:rolleyes: She suspects some witchcraft involved in that loss. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I don’t think I have the “popular” strain. My big problem is that I haven’t slept to speak of in three nights due to coughing and sweating. I hope to be running by Sunday, but I won’t be stupid about it.

Thanks for the well wishes from you and others.

That Brit stiff upper lip will carry you through.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom