Alabama Scouting Report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alabama Scouting Report

Reaction Score
After the Oregon game, which was a test in it's own right, this one is a real test. Even more athletic and almost as long, these guys will get into grills under Oats.

Things to look for:

Andre needs to be much better. As Slick said he needs to slow down in a monster way,, he's out of control on both ends. On offense his game for now hasn't improved in the scoring dimension at all doesn't even look to score except the occasional 3 which is ugly. Needs to take a couple strong to the rim and try to finish not flip crap up as a shot or pass. On D he ran out to defend because he got caught slacking off his guy and people went by him, fortunately Oregon guys couldn't score these guys will. So far it's obvious we need him to be much better in games like tonight.

Adamo also needs to finish better in the paint. Ball fakes and spins as well as throwing it right out when doubled/tripled. He had trouble with size yesterday and proved once again he doesn't know when to throw it out or actually how either. He needs to get better there. Yeah he made a couple 3's but all in all we need a better AS as well.

Others, Alleyne needs to stay out of foul trouble (although a couple of ticky tacks on him) because we will need his defensive ability as well as drive and pop. Can't complain about much else as most played solid for the most part.

This will be a fun watch although thinking nerve racking. Will learn a lot, will have to stave off a couple big runs that's what they do. Seeing how we react will be very interesting. These are the ones that prepare us for the season for sure.

Let's Go Huskies! 9:30 be there!

Reaction Score
Great analysis. This should be a fun game. I like our chances. We got shooters, defenders, and size to match anyone in the country.

Let's go Huskies!

caw

Reaction Score
Rewatched MSU game and I couldn’t help but hate how MSU played. Just a selfish team. Everything was screen and roll with very little passing.

Alabama looked like the better team (duh they won) but they pass much better than Oregon or MSU as a team and get more movement off the ball.

Alabama’s problem so far is they just aren’t a great shooting team. They hoist it though, a lot. Probably why their assist numbers aren’t great.

They also attack the boards.

Defense is erratic sometimes but it seems solid. Defended the paint well against MSU.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The Andre vs Miller matchup is going to be interesting to watch and will say a lot about the kind of defender he is. Already know he’s hyped for the challenge. Hopefully not too hype to get in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Tonight’s game will tell a lot IMO. Nate Oates is no pushover. Would love to play North Carolina too.
Yeah if we lose we get either a wounded UNC team underachieving and coming off a loss or a middling Iowa St. team. But honestly this Alabama team is probably the best opponent in the tournament, so it's good we're playing them.

Reaction Score
Rewatched MSU game and I couldn’t help but hate how MSU played. Just a selfish team. Everything was screen and roll with very little passing.

Alabama looked like the better team (duh they won) but they pass much better than Oregon or MSU as a team and get more movement off the ball.

Alabama’s problem so far is they just aren’t a great shooting team. They hoist it though, a lot. Probably why their assist numbers aren’t great.

They also attack the boards.

Defense is erratic sometimes but it seems solid. Defended the paint well against MSU.

We're shooting almost 39% from 3 as a team and Bama is 42% from 3. Not sure about not a good shooting team. Will need to get out and get a hand in the face and also be ready for the blow by.

Reaction Score
What is interesting to me is how precisely opposite Oregon and Alabama are and how fast our team is able to adjust the playing style. Oregon was huge but had no guard play and can't shoot or defend the perimeter. Alabama is smaller but plays with insane defensive pressure and rains threes.

Much of tournament success is the ability to adapt and survive, and we will get an early look at the flexibility of this team

Reaction Score
Oregon played zone. Bama plays m2m, right? That is the biggest difference, imo. I expect a physical foul prone game.

Reaction Score
This is like NCAA tourney games now. We have a good conference but is anyone else ranked right now?

Reaction Score
We're shooting almost 39% from 3 as a team and Bama is 42% from 3. Not sure about not a good shooting team. Will need to get out and get a hand in the face and also be ready for the blow by.
Alabama has 7 guys that shoot a lot of 3s (3 attempts per game), but only really 2 that are super accurate (Miller and Burnett). Sears decent at volume. Clowney, Griffen, and Gurley can't really shoot. Quinerly unknown. Burnett may be due for some regression, too. It's really only Miller.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
For ppl that have seen Miller play what is his game like? The highlights look a little like Jabari Smith, with maybe less shooting ability.

Reaction Score
Last thing I need is a late night after boozing all day yesterday… buuut here we are so, gotta battle.

I think it all comes down to rebounding and foul trouble. I don’t expect to hit 17 treys again so we need to own the glass and keep the key horses on the floor. Huge opportunity to move the program ahead, gotta TAKE IT.

Reaction Score
They looked relentless yesterday so I think they're going to be a tough team. They might be under ranked at this point in the season.

Reaction Score
For ppl that have seen Miller play what is his game like? The highlights look a little like Jabari Smith, with maybe less shooting ability.
He's a face up big wing, so yeah a little bit of Jabari. Stroke isn't as pretty and he's smaller, but so far he's making > 50% and that INCLUDES a game where he went 0/6. So in his other 4 games he's shooting 63% from 3. Has pretty deep range, too.

He's a bit of an older freshman similar to Karaban, but his finishing when he drives has not been great. Still needs to add strength and too often tries the "hang and throw up a shot" finish type. Still, he has a knack for drawing fouls. Decent rebounder. Decent distributor drive and kick as a big part of the Oats offense.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
All time coaching matchup here. 2 big character energy guys with ties.

Reaction Score
Alabama's bigs are light, weight wise. I think Adama and Donovan will be able to bully a good bit down low.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
No hyperbole, aside from creighton. This might be our most difficult match up of the year.

caw

Reaction Score

Where are you getting they shoot 42% from three? I see 33.8 this season. Miller, Sears and Burnett are their good shooters (with decent volume).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom