Alabama Post Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Alabama Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
How does Roumoglou not pass to Hurley there for the dribble off at the end? If they don't win the title....

It is going to drive Danny nuts for the next two days.

The worst missed pass of the game was Newton late in the game with an easy oop to DC that instead he missed a runner. No one there to defend DC on the other side of the 2 on 1 couldn’t believe he didn’t toss it up!

Reaction Score
I believe Castle could have a game like last night’s anytime we really need it.
There have been questions about whether Cam can dunk or not but did you notice how high he gets on some rebounds?
Donovan reminding me of a young Bill Walton
l felt Bama played as well as they could have and would have beat any other team in the nation last night.

Reaction Score
Alabama’s unreal shooting performance and tenacity around the rim up until 27 minutes in would have defeated just about every other team in the tournament - except us. They just couldn’t hang when 3 ball opportunities were taken away, and for the first time this season, couldn’t run their fast break.

While I congratulate Alabama for this performance, their message boards show this is the first time in FF 4.

Never seen such a group of whiners about the officiating and announcers. Didn’t expect to read this drivel on their boards…. Maybe a few post of course but they literally started off main thread with comments on stripes.

With their coach, I would not be surprised to see them back in FF 4, but hope by then, their fans mature a little bit too :)

Reaction Score
After poking around the Bama sites for the past few days to see what they were saying, I can definitely say I’ve never seen a fanbase hope for injury (and even dirty plays to injure opposing player) NEARLY as much as them. I’ve probably seen 10-15 posters actively hoping for that and not one poster telling them to calm down. Seriously classless group online.

Extra credit to them for all piling on the Hurley hate with a coach that has effectively the same personality.

Reaction Score
This kid (really, this man, he's what, 24 now?) is so unbelievably savvy. The way he manipulates clock and defenders. He knows the possession arrow and the value of a held ball vs. a timeout in a given situation.

He's the kind of player who just puts you at ease as a fan.
He’s like a real life Billy Hoyle with super strong fundamentals.

Reaction Score
After poking around the Bama sites for the past few days to see what they were saying, I can definitely say I’ve never seen a fanbase hope for injury (and even dirty plays to injure opposing player) NEARLY as much as them. I’ve probably seen 10-15 posters actively hoping for that and not one poster telling them to calm down. Seriously classless group online.

Extra credit to them for all piling on the Hurley hate with a coach that has effectively the same personality.
I’m not surprised at all. No class. Now as Barkley referenced, they can take their natty light and go home.

Reaction Score
I am convincing myself that he is more than an adequate 5 for the future.
No way. Sure he’s better than olander and maybe nolan, but they were the only weak links among the starters on those teams. our core next year is Diarra/Stewart/Karaban… we need to supplement that with 2 elite starting transfers if we want to stay elite.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
No way. Sure he’s better than olander and maybe nolan, but they were the only weak links among the starters on those teams. our core next year is Diarra/Stewart/Karaban… we need to supplement that with 2 elite starting transfers if we want to stay elite.
Slamson can be a starter for us. This is really his first year of playing (ie game time) college ball.

Think of the growth last year to this year.

If anything close to the same size jump next year he is much better than just a serviceable center (ie Tyler or Phil).

Reaction Score
Slamson can be a starter for us. This is really his first year of playing (ie game time) college ball.

Think of the growth last year to this year.

If anything close to the same size jump next year he is much better than just a serviceable center (ie Tyler or Phil).
You’re still ignoring the rest of the comment. Our returning guys aren’t on the level of kemba/lamb/smith/oriakhi or bazz/boat/giffey/daniels. for Samson to be a starter he needs to be surrounded by 4 stars and we have one currently in Karaban.

Jim

Reaction Score
We started the game 0-8 from 3 while Alabama kept things close. Several of those were open shots we normally knock down. Might have been because of nerves, adrenaline, playing basketball in a football stadium, travel issues, whatever... But we finished the game 10 for 25, so we shot 10 for 17 near the end as we pulled away. When this team hits its 3's it is basically unbeatable.

Reaction Score
Samson is not starting material without an improvement great than the one we saw from Hilton. C'mon guys. He simply cannot rebound or defend well enough or close to it.

He had a good game. Let's not forget what he's done the last 39 games. Just enjoy the ride and get this W.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
You’re still ignoring the rest of the comment. Our returning guys aren’t on the level of kemba/lamb/smith/oriakhi or bazz/boat/giffey/daniels. for Samson to be a starter he needs to be surrounded by 4 stars and we have one currently in Karaban.
Not ignoring it. To win a title you might be right, but I still think Johnson will be much better than just a middling big, he will be a high level starter.

I have a bit lower expectations for next year though than expecting us to be a top 3 team. But if shows some growth, Johnson is 100 percent a starter on the majority of top 25 teams, and probably even would have been this year. I think a lot of UConn fans are still sleeping on him a bit (insert Springs joke here).

Reaction Score
I didn’t think UConn played great in the first half. Kind of got lulled into playing Alabama‘s game, and let the Tide get some rebounds. But here’s the thing with this team. If they are not hitting you better grab a lead. Because if they aren’t playing well and still have a lead, you are in trouble. Plus I have not seen a team play team defense like this one doe in a very long time.

I thought the game was similar to Marquette game in that we were a little off and they stayed around but eventually we turned up the defense and started making plays. once that happened, Alabama, like Marquette, couldn’t hang with us.

Reaction Score
Alabama’s unreal shooting performance and tenacity around the rim up until 27 minutes in would have defeated just about every other team in the tournament - except us. They just couldn’t hang when 3 ball opportunities were taken away, and for the first time this season, couldn’t run their fast break.

While I congratulate Alabama for this performance, their message boards show this is the first time in FF 4.

Never seen such a group of whiners about the officiating and announcers. Didn’t expect to read this drivel on their boards…. Maybe a few post of course but they literally started off main thread with comments on stripes.

With their coach, I would not be surprised to see them back in FF 4, but hope by then, their fans mature a little bit too :)

Boo-hoo. They'll be long over it by next weekend when Bama has 55-60k at their spring game.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was confident that UConn would win last night. But when Clingan blocked Bama's first layup...yeah...I knew the win was happening.

Reaction Score
Expectations will be set Depending on who we get in the Portal
Am I missing something. If we lose starting 6 :) w Diarra, aren’t we essentially starting over. I was thinking we‘d be a couple of year aways from making a serious run in tourney.

Reaction Score

They seem to have a lots of bags of cash around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom